Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) (64688 Views)

Why PHCN Won't Fix A Damaged Transformer / See The State Of PHCN Pole In Ojodu, Lagos (Photos) / Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by samifiakp: 10:44pm On Oct 01, 2015
It has been in existence since 1900
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by tintingz(m): 10:45pm On Oct 01, 2015
This OP is a learner, a real JJC.

This system of keeping bills to avoid rain, sun and PHCN officials to disconnect has been in existence for a very long time.

Here in Lagos people do it, I don't know where this yeye op come from. undecided

3 Likes

Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by DisGuy: 10:59pm On Oct 01, 2015
shouldnt the phcn officials have a system showing latest payment on their database; afterall they issue the receipt

its 2015
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 01, 2015
Lol,that's naija 4 u

1 Like

Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by delerx(m): 11:45pm On Oct 01, 2015
MARKone:
You just dey come back from the North Pole undecided So tell me, what happens when you paste a paper material, here the bill, on a wall and rain beats it, or the sun rays affects the bill, answer that and you know why the bills are put in plastic bottles. Abi you want Nepa to be cutting your line anyhow.
abi ooo brotherly. Come to ikd u damn gonna see that's how we roll there
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by delerx(m): 11:46pm On Oct 01, 2015
tintingz:
This OP is a learner, a real JJC.

This system of keeping bills to avoid rain, sun and PHCN officials to disconnect has been in existence for a very long time.

Here in Lagos people do it, I don't know where this yeye op come from. undecided
Op na original mumu
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by hansad: 11:57pm On Oct 01, 2015
MARKone:
You just dey come back from the North Pole undecided So tell me, what happens when you paste a paper material, here the bill, on a wall and rain beats it, or the sun rays affects the bill, answer that and you know why the bills are put in plastic bottles. Abi you want Nepa to be cutting your line anyhow.

Normal thing, even in the most Third World countries, is that once electric bill is paid by a consumer, it immediately reflects on the systems of the energy supplying company. Even thirty years ago, bills reflected on NEPA accounting systems immediately or shortly after payment, such that those NEPA linesmen who go about cutting supplies to debtors knew who the debtors were before setting out for disconnection exercise.

You and those thumbing you up are among the people who don't care a hoot if all of us remain in ever-stagnant or even backward one Nigeria.

Go and live in Sambisa forest. Better for people like you who don't condemn backwardness.
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by ihatebuhari(f): 12:03am On Oct 02, 2015
dancok:
come babe! Which of the two yansh I saw on ur DP is yours.
grin
dancok:
come babe! Which of the two yansh I saw on ur DP is yours.
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by hansad: 12:15am On Oct 02, 2015
Godyke:
According to the OP, the question is, is this how we roll? Which aslo means, is this how and where our civilization have landed us even in this 21st century?

We need to adopt a more civilize method of doing things than doing it the old usual ways.

We cannot expect to experience change when we decide to do things the same old and antiquated ways and still expect to be relevant in the face of advancement.

What happen with he PHCN officials arming themselves with the list or database of customers that are yet to pay up their bills after a particular deadline given, rather than demanding to see physical paper. There is nothing normal in abnormalcy.

We dont need to put our bills in plastic bottles just to proove our innocence. It does not make any sense. It is an eyesore and does not tell any good of our system.

Tell that MARKone who seems to love it having a Nigeria remaining in the dark ages.
Putting electricity bill inside plastic containers hanging on the front yard to notify electricity supply checkers that one has paid electric bill?

That is a symbol of Nigeria operating in far behind modernity.

Worse still, they would intimidate other Nigerian groups who want to exit from their Nigeria backwardness.
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by GobeCentral: 2:21am On Oct 02, 2015
ihatebuhari:
Lol

Thank God for western world

God bless Europe

Some people should just borrow brains!! Or download. You see people inventing simple solutions to common problems and the best you could do is tell us how much you hate Nigeria? on naira land?

PS: If you've actually travelled, you'd know whites do even worse.

Abeg moving on.. http://ceembal.com/2015/09/bucket-list-dont-read-if-you-dont-want-crazy-fun/
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by esoboy875(m): 3:59am On Oct 02, 2015
Dis deir way of notifying phcn made accommodation a bit hard 4 me wen I went for my nysc last yr in Abia State. @ first I thought it was somtin lyk juju whic prevented me fr goin in to asked if dere is room for let. Bt tnk God I nw knw, bt sha jjc is nt gud oh...................
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by EASY39(m): 4:48am On Oct 02, 2015
MARKone:

Abi oooo

1 Like

Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by kenobi007(m): 5:28am On Oct 02, 2015
atarapa:
That what I call CHANGE
what stupid change. that has being the way in calabar for over 8years now. cus I hv noticed DAT from the first day I came to calabar dats 2007 till date.
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by kenobi007(m): 5:32am On Oct 02, 2015
codedpee:

I understand ur point of view. I also believe u live in calabar. With d number of insane beings here don't u think it's rather too risky of a job to leave ur valuables outside... for am sure it's quite easy for a mad person to retrieve d entire bottle with impunity. There should b a better way, bro
if at all u stay at calabar then u are new there. wat u see there is now like a way of living in calabar and they are use to it. even the mad men, and secondly calabar is a very safe place.
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by espn(m): 5:47am On Oct 02, 2015
codedpee:

I understand ur point of view. I also believe u live in calabar. With d number of insane beings here don't u think it's rather too risky of a job to leave ur valuables outside... for am sure it's quite easy for a mad person to retrieve d entire bottle with impunity. There should b a better way, bro
bros..valuables?? That should b a photocopy..haba!

1 Like

Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by kenny2u(m): 7:04am On Oct 02, 2015
Rubbish thread' this happens almost everywhere nah.

Next

1 Like

Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by yubarbs(m): 7:06am On Oct 02, 2015
engrkaz:
I tire ooo...Na so e be for my house too joor...

Op came back from Kenya na why he no kw..

1 Like

Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by Elder4all(m): 7:43am On Oct 02, 2015
Just to avoid disconnection...
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by frisky2good(m): 9:07am On Oct 02, 2015
That's the way it's done in my area too. It's to protect it from rain.

codedpee:
While walking down a street just beside CRUTECH, calabar, I spotted these funny displays. When I got closer, I discovered that the bottle was used to house a PHCN bill payment slip. It was funny, but then I found myself wondering: is this how we now roll?

Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by Leiykong(m): 9:36am On Oct 02, 2015
This is d new trend
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by koseepaaro(m): 9:46am On Oct 02, 2015
OP, you are not alone, I saw the same thing in Ijebu Ode last two weeks when I travelled there. Expecially, those houses with main entrance gate.
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by babybos(m): 9:55am On Oct 02, 2015
codedpee:

A better way is for PHCN have record of payment from their office. it is common in all states of Nigeria to put a photocopy outside (additional money) PHCN is to be blame. if you complained after disconnecting your line they give excuse because they did not see evidence of payment. SOLUTION. LET PHCN GIVE ALL HOUSES PRE PAID METER
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by achukonnamdi(m): 10:18am On Oct 02, 2015
We use to do it in Owerri. It helps to protect the paper from rain and tearing from children,mad people and goats.

1 Like

Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by Abyzan(m): 12:15pm On Oct 02, 2015
Op its actually not funny but wise...the PHCN people dump the reciepts there instead of having to knock and disturb privacy....so learn

1 Like

Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by alaskido(m): 1:50pm On Oct 02, 2015
If you cannot beat them, you have to join them. PHCN made us to behave this way. Not all the time you have persons at home and if PHCN comes around your area for a general disconnection, you got to be present to explain and show them your bill or you advertise your bill in an empty ragolis bottle to speak for itself. I have same in front of my gate.

Why it is put into this bottle is to avoid rain to wash off or destroy the bill since it is made of paper.

This is Nija for you @ 55 years. grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by kensaki2015(m): 2:55pm On Oct 02, 2015
No be new thing naaaa..... Op were u travel go.

1 Like

Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by lizmovic(m): 4:37pm On Oct 02, 2015
London used IPhone 6 for sale @30k..limited supply.. Visit http:///jdyzMK to order.
Re: A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) by lizmovic(m): 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2015
Later una go shout for naija ajekpako.... #iranu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adorable Photos Of 2 Young Boys Dressed Up As GEJ & Buhari. / Would You Marry A Man Or Woman With Tattoos? / Duta Whatsapp Robot; The New Craze Of Whatsapp Groups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.