Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,295 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

If Death Comes For You Today,Are You Ready? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Death Comes For You Today,Are You Ready? (1206 Views)

Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS / VIDEO: Cathedrals Today Are Built With Corruption Loot, Not Tithes Or Offerings / Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Death Comes For You Today,Are You Ready? by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 02, 2015
This is not the first time such an incident is occurring or my friend being the first victim and I am sure just like him,thousands of people throughout the world passed away in their sleep. He was never sick,not even a slight headache. After watching TV with his brothers,he went to bed. Unlike him,he wasn't awake by 6am to prepare for work,his older brother went into his room and hit him hard on the buttocks saying 'nwokem,kunie je kwado olu' meaning my friend,wake up and prepare for work and walked out of the room. Thirty minutes later,his younger brother was still sleeping or so he thought then,he went into the room with a cup of water which he poured on his 'sleeping' brother's head but there was no movement! He raised an alarm,the neighbors rushed in,every effort to wake him up was abortive and that was when it dawned on them,that he was gone! He was only 26! Just Incase you think you are too young or too old to die.

Just like every other person,he made plans...go for his masters,get a better job,marry,raise a family and certainly,hoped to live and see his grand children. I am speechless,this is a guy I spoke to two days ago and I looked forward to seeing him when I travel to Anambra in December but now I may just be traveling earlier than that for his burial. What a life!

My mum will always say,live your life as if each minute is your last. When you leave your house in the morning,live the day like you are never coming back home and when you come home,give thanks to God and the cycle continues. What anyone does,says or own should not bother you but the thought of where you will spend eternity. If death comes for me today,now,this moment......I am ready!
She is ready,I know there are other people who can sincerely say they are but you,are you ready? Sincerely,I am not,nothing scares me more than the thought of death and my mum says,it is very bad. It shows I am not really living like a true Christian. I agree,I am not but constantly asking God for the grace to do so.
With the way people die everyday,I get scared and always imagine the way I will die. Is it by accident? Sickness? In my sleep?.........
Rest In Peace my friend,till we meet again.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: If Death Comes For You Today,Are You Ready? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 02, 2015
There is life before and after death. Which ever side I land on is still life. When my body expires I will get another one,be it on this planet or another. Nothing to fear,I am eternal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Death Comes For You Today,Are You Ready? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
Interesting!
ifeness:
There is life before and after death. Which ever side I land on is still life. When my body expires I will get another one,be it on this planet or another. Nothing to fear,I am eternal.
Re: If Death Comes For You Today,Are You Ready? by lordthree(m): 12:13pm On Oct 02, 2015
never leave the house without committing.your life to God, and never sleep without committing your life to God

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Death Comes For You Today,Are You Ready? by Tomjazzy2: 2:28pm On Oct 02, 2015
Very saddening; sorry for your loss dear sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Death Comes For You Today,Are You Ready? by cold(m): 4:43pm On Oct 02, 2015
Sorry to know about the loss of your friend. Accept my deepest sympathies. Not trying to come across as insensitive but in all honesty,the curtain has been drawn for your friend. He'll be put in the ground and that is it. He isn't going anywhere and neither are we. His mum was right,live everyday like it will be your last. Be good to others and lend a helping hand when ever and where ever you can. Forsake the thoughts of a second life in the here after. That in my opinion is pure greed. Personally,this life well lived suffices for me,i do not lose sleep over a second life in some distant lands in the afterlife and i don't think anybody should but that's just me.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Death Comes For You Today,Are You Ready? by Chidexter(m): 5:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
I'm Prepared but not ready Lol.

May his soul rest in peace

2 Likes

Re: If Death Comes For You Today,Are You Ready? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 02, 2015
Thanks dear
Chidexter:
I'm Prepared but not ready Lol.
May his soul rest in peace
Tomjazzy2:
Very saddening; sorry for your loss dear sad
Re: If Death Comes For You Today,Are You Ready? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 02, 2015
Arrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh cold! If you don't convert me,nobody else will cheesy
cold:
Sorry to know about the loss of your friend. Accept my deepest sympathies. Not trying to come across as insensitive but in all honesty,the curtain has been drawn for your friend. He'll be put in the ground and that is it. He isn't going anywhere and neither are we. His mum was right,live everyday like it will be your last. Be good to others and lend a helping hand when ever and where ever you can. Forsake the thoughts of a second life in the here after. That in my opinion is pure greed. Personally,this life well lived suffices for me,i do not lose sleep over a second life in some distant lands in the afterlife and i don't think anybody should but that's just me.
Re: If Death Comes For You Today,Are You Ready? by Truckpusher(m): 5:27pm On Oct 02, 2015
peppyluv02:
This is not the first time such an incident is occurring or my friend being the first victim and I am sure just like him,thousands of people throughout the world passed away in their sleep. He was never sick,not even a slight headache. After watching TV with his brothers,he went to bed. Unlike him,he wasn't awake by 6am to prepare for work,his older brother went into his room and hit him hard on the buttocks saying 'nwokem,kunie je kwado olu' meaning my friend,wake up and prepare for work and walked out of the room. Thirty minutes later,his younger brother was still sleeping or so he thought then,he went into the room with a cup of water which he poured on his 'sleeping' brother's head but there was no movement! He raised an alarm,the neighbors rushed in,every effort to wake him up was abortive and that was when it dawned on them,that he was gone! He was only 26! Just Incase you think you are too young or too old to die.

Just like every other person,he made plans...go for his masters,get a better job,marry,raise a family and certainly,hoped to live and see his grand children. I am speechless,this is a guy I spoke to two days ago and I looked forward to seeing him when I travel to Anambra in December but now I may just be traveling earlier than that for his burial. What a life!

My mum will always say,live your life as if each minute is your last. When you leave your house in the morning,live the day like you are never coming back home and when you come home,give thanks to God and the cycle continues. What anyone does,says or own should not bother you but the thought of where you will spend eternity. If death comes for me today,now,this moment......I am ready!
She is ready,I know there are other people who can sincerely say they are but you,are you ready? Sincerely,I am not,nothing scares me more than the thought of death and my mum says,it is very bad. It shows I am not really living like a true Christian. I agree,I am not but constantly asking God for the grace to do so.
With the way people die everyday,I get scared and always imagine the way I will die. Is it by accident? Sickness? In my sleep?.........
Death is the most beautiful gift ever given to mankind through his actions.

For the dead are not bothered for whatever happens to them but the burden of love, sadness, fear of the unknown,grief and pains remains for the living but the dead has no idea of their immediate environment - I personally see death as means to a perfect peace.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Death Comes For You Today,Are You Ready? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 02, 2015
Hmmmm good for you.
Truckpusher:
Death is the most beautiful gift ever given to mankind through his actions.

For the dead are not bothered for whatever happens to them but the burden of love, sadness, fear of the unknown,grief and pains remains for the living but the dead has no idea of their immediate environment - I personally see death as means to a perfect peace.
Re: If Death Comes For You Today,Are You Ready? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 02, 2015
My dear, I'm deeply sorry for this saddening loss. Every death is somehow a tragedy( IMO) but losing a loved one at such a very young age is a worse tragedy.

I pray you summon the needed fortitude to bear this loss. I've been there before. It wasn't funny.

Please, do accept my sincere condolences.

1 Like

Re: If Death Comes For You Today,Are You Ready? by hahn(m): 6:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
He is dead. Now he doesn't have the burden we humans carry trying to live in this world. I actually envy him

@op, I know you're trying to make a point by being sad and all that but the truth is that the feeling of sorrow for a dead loved one is a selfish feeling. You are only feeling sad because of your sense of loss. Your feeling is of no benefit to the dead

Move on with your life

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Death Comes For You Today,Are You Ready? by cold(m): 7:23pm On Oct 02, 2015
peppyluv02:
Arrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh cold! If you don't convert me,nobody else will cheesy
Hehe..i call it as it is dear. If that helps to broaden your horizon,then i've done my bit.
Re: If Death Comes For You Today,Are You Ready? by freecocoa(f): 8:31pm On Oct 02, 2015
I am not prepared as I want to live a long and fulfilled life but not that I am scared of hell or whatever, If it happens kwanu, I will see what's on the other side if there's another side.
Re: If Death Comes For You Today,Are You Ready? by Nobody: 4:36am On Oct 03, 2015
peppyluv02

There is the problem with you theists -- you fear death too much! Death is a certainty and no one can escape it. It is a food that we must eat; then how come you are still scared of the food? If you like pray from now to a picosecond before your death, you would still die! But the bitter fact is that many are actually dead before their ultimate death, because they fear death too much! This is a fact religious leaders know and they use it against you lot to control and manipulate you. The after effect of this is that, they reduce their own chances of dying early and increases that of many of their followers. Please follow the admonition of your mother and fear no more!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Death Comes For You Today,Are You Ready? by cold(m): 8:27am On Oct 03, 2015
Everybody wan go heaven but nobody wan die

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Death Comes For You Today,Are You Ready? by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 03, 2015
cheesy Yes na.
cold:
Everybody wan go heaven but nobody wan die
Re: If Death Comes For You Today,Are You Ready? by theDEVILisHERE: 10:10pm On Oct 20, 2015
peppyluv02:

Do not be scared of the inevitable
Cause it's useless to do so
Every begining has an end
Every end is another begining
You should not be worried about where you are going to because you do not know where you came from
You should just make sure at every point in your existence you endavour to do what your consience and your ability to logically reason tells you is right to do
Re: If Death Comes For You Today,Are You Ready? by hpk(m): 11:30pm On Oct 20, 2015
i live to die and it can be any second. not a reason to worry.
p.s i'm not reckless, just scared of mosquitoes.

(1) (Reply)

Islam Is Truly A Barbaric Religion It Espouse Violence: See Proof / Why Can't Christians Comment On A Muslim Post? / The Inner Being

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.