Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Wind Of Change - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Wind Of Change (706 Views)

Lost In The Wind (novella) / 'the Wind Of Fate'...life Of A Nigerian Youth / The Candle In The Wind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wind Of Change by HolyPaul: 12:57pm On Oct 02, 2015
Hello nairalanders, am new here just like when Jesus came to the world newly....I want to write a story,within my self I know am not too good and am not too bad but with your comments i know I will reach the top of my career...Don't expect a Messiah but a saviour of the literally act....thanks and expect an update soon....
Re: Wind Of Change by HolyPaul: 2:46pm On Oct 02, 2015
CHAPTER 1
Trouble at home
It was late in the evening and getting dark when Eze Akande entered into the sitting room and saw his father, his mind skipped heavily and a sudden fear overtook him. He managed to say while stuttering,
"Daddy good evening sir"
His father remain motionlessly with his newspaper at hand neglecting Eze's greeting....Should he repeat his greeting or shun the old man,he thought quickly. He made the wrong choice by deciding to make for the stairs,
"what says the time"
came the voice of Kola Akande whom Eze had nicknamed Old Lion after he had beaten the hell out of him the day he stole in school..
"I don't know" replied Exe still stammering
"WHAT!"
thundered his father,now raising his voice,
"you don't know, what's that on your hand"
"its a wristwatch sir"
His father asked sharply,
"it tells no time,huh"
"yes it is faulty"
"FAULTY!" roared his father.He couldn't make another complete sentence, he dashed into. his room and return with a fan belt and a one, two, three...................on Eze's body.
"Papa Eze you will kill this boy"cried Nkechi Akande Eze's mother as she ran coming out of the kitchen. Eze had thought that his saviour in this world had been crucified..He was a little bit relieved when he heard the voice of his mother though receiving the final kicks from his father..She took the cane from the floor and told Eze who was on the floor though not weeping to go and have a shower to the bewilderment of Eze's father...
"SHOWER!huh"He yelled as Eze was leaving
"you keep on spoiling this child,but I shall not be alive to see him get spoilt,it is better I kill him myself.NONSENSE."He said leaving the sitting room but rather going outside.Mrs Akande sighed and asked
"where are you going dear?".
"NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS"he blasted her

1 Like

Re: Wind Of Change by HolyPaul: 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2015
Next post in 30 minutes time after 30 comments....Pls make me feel am writing for people...Thanks
Re: Wind Of Change by dinma222(f): 2:56pm On Oct 02, 2015
nice write up guy carry on
Re: Wind Of Change by lacerollie: 5:12pm On Oct 02, 2015
Nice start! Pls do continue. More grease to your elbow, more wisdom to write and more strength.
Re: Wind Of Change by HolyPaul: 9:54pm On Oct 02, 2015
LATER THAT EVENING
Eze had decided not to come for dinner but couldn’t withstand the hunger burning him just like fire burning a car, so he decided to come but he would not talk to anybody even his dear mother will not be spared.
‘’what a delicious food, am sure even with a sour mouth it will still taste good’ ’commented Eze’s father amidst laughter but Eze was not going to key into that although whenever his father commented positively he do back it up but today he is sorry because he has to keep to his decision.
‘’Daddy thank you sir, mummy thank you ma’’
‘’thank God’’ They both responded .That was how they greeted each other after meals, just as Eze was about to leave his father instructed him to go and wait for him in his study room. Eze nodded still keeping to his decision. Who can save him now? He seems to ask himself. He recalled all his experiences with his father in his study room which has been remarkably sorrowful because after every encounter he always finds himself in the hospital.
‘’what a bad omen, it is all Tunji’s fault’’ he said to himself half crying.
He was surprised when the door opened and he didn’t see any cane with his father though he had heard his mum saying
‘’take it easy on him dear he is just sixteen’’
‘’Eze I want nothing but the truth to the questions I will be asking you’’ Mr Akande asked his son while sitting on his sofa which was filled with dust due to his non acceptance of people entering his study room, even his dear wife so there was no way it would have been cleaned but his wife do stubbornly enters and cleans it up which he usually appreciates but wouldn’t tell her that so as not to refute his status as a man.
‘’Where were you after school hours?’’ Eze had to break his decision or suffer the risk of it
‘’I was copying my notes’’ He answered blinking his eyes which he always does whenever he is lying.
‘’ may I know where?’’
‘’In the school sir’’
‘’that’s a lie’’bellowed Mr akande,the pitch of his voice getting higher
‘’I repeat where were you after school hours’’eze said nothing looking on the floor trying to avoid his father’s gaze.
“so you have graduated from stealing to smoking, huh” Eze was stupefied from what he just heard,it was just like his heart had stopped pumping blood and his veins are begging to stop moving blood ’’how manage, how did he he know, its impossible but……’’he thought to himself when he heard his father’s voice again.
“it’s true right?”
“sir I d..o…n…t k..n..o..w wh..at you are talking about” stammered Eze still puzzled on how his father got the information. The room was silent for a minute or two when Mr akande broke the silence
“I just want you to know that you are no more a student of Charis royal school’’
“SO BE IT!’’ thunderd Eze as he aggressively opened the door and slammed the door thus leaving the room.
“EZE!EZE!EZE! will you come back here’’ Eze was already out of sight.
Re: Wind Of Change by HolyPaul: 9:57pm On Oct 02, 2015
please more correction,criticism and appreciation.. you know I need it just to be sure am not writing to myself...thanks dinma and lacerollile
Re: Wind Of Change by lordkeme(m): 11:04pm On Oct 02, 2015
kip it up...i love it
Re: Wind Of Change by lordkeme(m): 11:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
kip it up...i love it...bt its too short
Re: Wind Of Change by HolyPaul: 11:38pm On Oct 02, 2015
Don't worry more are still coming

(1) (Reply)

Story : Oresegun And The Marmaid / Poem And Thyme Lovers Get In / #####teachers Day Speech* Teachers Day Anchoring Speech, Hindi Nibandh, Essay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.