Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,517 members, 7,954,966 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:24 PM

A Common Mistake Of The Rich - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Common Mistake Of The Rich (530 Views)

Parable Of The Rich Man And Lazarus: What Was The Sin Of The Rich Man? / A Common Misconception In Arguments Between Atheists And Believers / Kemi Olunloyo’s Greatest Mistake (the Greatest Mistake Of The Year) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Common Mistake Of The Rich by olukotung(m): 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2015
A COMMON MISTAKE OF THE RICH
Many today, even from their childhood had ambitions of becoming rich, wealthy personalities but many do not live to see their dream fulfilled while some others who lived to fulfill such dreams do not end up enjoying such wealth to their old age due to a common mistake made by almost all rich people. This mistake, from study, has been in existence from more than 5000 years ago and has destroyed so many and will continue to destroy many until preventive measures are taken. As a matter of truth, this mistake has been in existent since the early days of creation. Should we now not desire to be rich, because of the fear of also falling victim of this common mistake? Definitely No! In fact, I love to be rich and know I would be rich; even a thousand devils can’t stop me from being rich.
[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]
The truth is this; it is not God who prospers a man, he has only chosen to prosper through the strength of God in him, likewise his fall from prosperity is only dependent on his choices; all men are products (income & outcome) of their choices. That is, even our mistakes are a result of our choices. Therefore, no rich man who died poorer or less rich died by accident, it is just by careless determination. There is just one mistake we are talking about and a man named Moses through the inspiration of God sounded a warning against this mistake. Here is his written account thousands of years ago:
“Make sure you don't forget God, your God, by not keeping his commandments, his rules and regulations that I command you today. Make sure that when you eat and are satisfied, build pleasant houses and settle in, see your herds and flocks flourish and more and more money come in, watch your standard of living going up and up, make sure you don't become so full of yourself and your things that you forget God, your God, the God who delivered you from Egyptian slavery; the God who led you through that huge and fearsome wilderness, those desolate, arid badlands crawling with fiery snakes and scorpions; the God who gave you water gushing from hard rock; the God who gave you manna to eat in the wilderness, something your ancestors had never heard of, in order to give you a taste of the hard life, to test you so that you would be prepared to live well in the days ahead of you. If you start thinking to yourselves, "I did all this, and all by myself. I'm rich. It's all mine!" — Well, think again. Remember that God, your God, gave you the strength to produce all this wealth so as to confirm the covenant that he promised to your ancestors — as it is today. If you forget, forget God, your God, and start taking up with other gods, serving and worshiping them, I'm on record right now as giving you firm warning: that will be the end of you; I mean it — destruction.” [Deut. 8:11-19]
Be careful therefore that you do not fall a victim of pride. It is a word of wisdom from the wisest king of his time, King Solomon, that “pride goes before destruction” and we all must be careful to always observe this at whatever level or position we find ourselves. However, for those who have acquired their riches in a wrong way, pride will not destroy them before their ‘self’ does except they repent.
Money is not the root of all evil but the love of money is… BE CAREFUL

2 Shares

Re: A Common Mistake Of The Rich by trapQ: 3:07pm On Oct 02, 2015
"I love to be rich, a thousand devils can't make me poor"
I love that statement

(1) (Reply)

Ever Experienced God's Miracle??...share Your Experience / Speaker Of The House Of Representatives, Honourable Yakubu Dogara, Confessed / Is It Proper For A Pastor To Sell Things Which He Got From Tithe??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.