Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Toyota Camry 1998 Stalling Problem Fixed @ Multiautolab / Avoid Kazeems - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry 1998 Stalling Problem Fixed @ Multiautolab / Avoid Kazeems (1487 Views)

Stalling In Manual Cars And Their Solutions / Jaguar XJ8 2006- Fix Going On @ Multiautolab / Naija Kazeems Wahala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry 1998 Stalling Problem Fixed @ Multiautolab / Avoid Kazeems by mayor2013: 2:41pm On Oct 02, 2015
As at last week a toyota camry 1998 came down to multiautolab with a case of stalling. First thing we did was to test drive the car. After test drivng problems we found out are listed below

1) car shuts down anytime it feels like mostly when driven for long

2) serious delayed shifting of the transmission

3) Rpm while on motion couldn't go beyond 100.

Troubleshooting and diagnosis carried out

1) got a PNP switch code which couldn't be the cause of the problem
2) from the sound of the engine I knew the exhaust system was blocked
3) checked fuel pressure
4) test the purge control valve
5) checked fuel filter
6) finally checked the exhaust system and it was finding it hard to breathe. So i loosed the upstream lamda sensor and drove for like 40mins , car shifted well and car never stalled.Finally got the culprit kazeem had done their wonders of loading the exhaust system with a so-called "muffler" shocked
Uploaded some pix of when were checking the exhaust. So car owners and prospective car owners avoid kazeem grin

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 1998 Stalling Problem Fixed @ Multiautolab / Avoid Kazeems by mayor2013: 3:43am On Oct 03, 2015
Finally car drives fine. No more stalling grin
Re: Toyota Camry 1998 Stalling Problem Fixed @ Multiautolab / Avoid Kazeems by benefitzte: 10:19am On Oct 03, 2015
If I arrest you for poor workshop practice now you go say I do bad, how can you use bathroom slippers for workshop? Anyways good job wink

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 1998 Stalling Problem Fixed @ Multiautolab / Avoid Kazeems by mayor2013: 8:13pm On Oct 03, 2015
benefitzte:
If I arrest you for poor workshop practice now you go say I do bad, how can you use bathroom slippers for workshop? Anyways good job wink

Haha!!! Not me. When doing my job I consider safety first wink
Re: Toyota Camry 1998 Stalling Problem Fixed @ Multiautolab / Avoid Kazeems by instinctg(m): 10:54am On Oct 04, 2015
mayor2013:

Haha!!! Not me. When doing my job I consider safety first wink
who wore them?
Re: Toyota Camry 1998 Stalling Problem Fixed @ Multiautolab / Avoid Kazeems by mayor2013: 12:19pm On Oct 04, 2015
instinctg:

who wore them?

Kazeem cheesy
Re: Toyota Camry 1998 Stalling Problem Fixed @ Multiautolab / Avoid Kazeems by sultaan(m): 6:57pm On Oct 04, 2015
The way these people dey work don dey cause fear of bringing proper car to naija.

See how dey even tear pangolo up
Re: Toyota Camry 1998 Stalling Problem Fixed @ Multiautolab / Avoid Kazeems by mayor2013: 7:32pm On Oct 04, 2015
sultaan:
The way these people dey work don dey cause fear of bringing proper car to naija.

See how dey even tear pangolo up

That was the only way we were able to have good access to the exhaust pot. It was so over loaded to the extent that the internal ventilated holes were completely blocked.

(1) (Reply)

Between Toyota Highlander And Lexus Rx300 / This Tiny Device Can Help Track Your Car No Matter Where It Is / Buying Cars From Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.