Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Our Country, Our Pride - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Our Country, Our Pride (402 Views)

IWD: Our Women Our Pride – Charles Nzechi Foundation / See The Captivating Beautiful Picture Of Our Country At Night.. Pic / Awkward But Real Fact About Different University Girls In Our Country. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Country, Our Pride by eduminati(m): 5:30pm On Oct 02, 2015
What happened to common sense and respect for ones tribe or region?
Fellow Nairalanders, for how long are we going to continue toiling with our emotions and future of our nation by drinking from the cups of bitterness and hatred?
I must admit that I've been very disappointed by the perceived actions of our youths from the four corners of Nigeria. By actions, I mean the comments on religion, tribal and political posts that are not only unfortunate but also regrettable and I'm really ashamed of those that partake in such disgraceful acts.
Seems like some of our leaders have successfully implanted hatred in our hearts and would be popping bottles of wine saying "they're learning fast".
The 3 major ethnic groups are having a free for all by throwing insults and jibes at themselves on nairaland and twitter, yes you our future technocrats, academicians, businessmen, entertainers etc.
Nysc #Rivers gave me a first hand opportunity to establish good relationships with friends from across the federation (Adamawa, Taraba, Nasarawa, Edo, Ogun, Osun, Akwa ibom, Kano, Anambra) just to name a few.
Just yesterday we marked our 55th independence anniversary without asking questions on what the future holds for us and/or what quota to contribute to the development of our nation. Instead, we take pleasure in inciting religious and tribal remarks without taking the survival of our country into consideration. No wonder Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon said it on channels TV " I can see the
ship of the Nigerian state hovering around the
political Bermuda Triangle".
It's a shame to see somebody labeling his fellow countryman an illiterate, killer, terrorists, wailer, swindler etc.
There is room for improvement, we should understand ourselves, have mutual respect and carry ourselves along by helping one another.
I am proudly Nigerian, Deltan and Igbo and I have nothing but love for the Hausas and Yorubas and the other tribes in our country.
#showlovenothate

Nedu

(1) (Reply)

A Rolex Wristwatch Worth US$1.2 Million, Made In The Year 1949 / Is This True / How Do You Feel When U Go Out And Hear rumours about you

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.