Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,824 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

Meet The Woman Who Intentionally Went Blind Because She Loves Being Disabled - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The Woman Who Intentionally Went Blind Because She Loves Being Disabled (1295 Views)

Cossy Orjiakor Replies A Disabled Man Who Called Her 'Old Woman' (Photos) / Woman Who Donjazzy Gave N250,000 On Twitter Last Year December Gives Account Of / Prince James Uche Goes Blind (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Woman Who Intentionally Went Blind Because She Loves Being Disabled by playee: 12:22am On Oct 03, 2015
Jewel has Body Integrity Identity Disorder (BIID), a condition in which able-bodied people believe they are meant to be disabled.
Her need to lose her sight was so strong that in 2006 she decided to blind herself – by having a sympathetic psychologist pour DRAIN CLEANER into her eyes.
According to Jewel, her fascination with blindness began early in childhood.
She said:

“When I was young my mother would find me walking in the halls at night, when I was three or four years old.By the time I was six I remember that thinking about being blind made me feel comfortable.”
source for photos==>>http://candidgist.com/2015/10/02/meet-the-woman-who-intentionally-went-blind-because-she-loves-being-disabledphotos/
Re: Meet The Woman Who Intentionally Went Blind Because She Loves Being Disabled by sandrahnaub(f): 12:23am On Oct 03, 2015
Na wa o
Re: Meet The Woman Who Intentionally Went Blind Because She Loves Being Disabled by Nobody: 12:28am On Oct 03, 2015
sandrahnaub:
Na wa o
fine girl where have u been hiding your pretty self?
Re: Meet The Woman Who Intentionally Went Blind Because She Loves Being Disabled by chocolateme(f): 12:31am On Oct 03, 2015
Not every human being is normal
Re: Meet The Woman Who Intentionally Went Blind Because She Loves Being Disabled by Nobody: 12:37am On Oct 03, 2015
Chai, oyinbos are bleeped up!!

1 Like

Re: Meet The Woman Who Intentionally Went Blind Because She Loves Being Disabled by sinaj(f): 12:45am On Oct 03, 2015
M short of words
Re: Meet The Woman Who Intentionally Went Blind Because She Loves Being Disabled by donholy28(m): 1:08am On Oct 03, 2015
She get mental problems

1 Like

Re: Meet The Woman Who Intentionally Went Blind Because She Loves Being Disabled by jamex93(m): 1:21am On Oct 03, 2015
Some ppl self
Re: Meet The Woman Who Intentionally Went Blind Because She Loves Being Disabled by Nobody: 4:00am On Oct 03, 2015
Let her enjoy her blindness o
Re: Meet The Woman Who Intentionally Went Blind Because She Loves Being Disabled by Nobody: 4:09am On Oct 03, 2015
Re: Meet The Woman Who Intentionally Went Blind Because She Loves Being Disabled by Wenebadu(f): 6:42am On Oct 03, 2015
Devil @ work
Re: Meet The Woman Who Intentionally Went Blind Because She Loves Being Disabled by Rebeczy: 7:33am On Oct 03, 2015
Na wa o, she isn't normal at all. Other people are visiting hospitals, going 2 different churches so dat dey wud be healed of their sickness. Nd dis mad woman decides 2 make her self blind on her own free will. Lmao. She must be confused.
Re: Meet The Woman Who Intentionally Went Blind Because She Loves Being Disabled by Hannysmilez(f): 7:53am On Oct 03, 2015
It is well. Just when I thought I had heard it all.
Re: Meet The Woman Who Intentionally Went Blind Because She Loves Being Disabled by prettyjo(f): 9:31am On Oct 03, 2015
was like WTF after seeing it on Facebook.
@op post the full story here,must u give us a link
Re: Meet The Woman Who Intentionally Went Blind Because She Loves Being Disabled by Godmother(f): 9:40am On Oct 03, 2015
They are looking at this woman as she is displaying madness. How can a human being decides she wants to become blind and actually see it through. Why couldnt she just close her eyes for long periods and imagine herself blind
Re: Meet The Woman Who Intentionally Went Blind Because She Loves Being Disabled by lilmax(m): 10:09am On Oct 03, 2015
Godmother:
They are looking at this woman as she is displaying madness. How can a human being decides she wants to become blind and actually see it through. Why couldnt she just close her eyes for long periods and imagine herself blind
they call it "live and let's live "
Re: Meet The Woman Who Intentionally Went Blind Because She Loves Being Disabled by Godmother(f): 10:23am On Oct 03, 2015
lilmax:
they call it "live and let's live "

Sometimes "live and let's live" is not the ideal thing to do, especially when your actions are incredibly selfish. How do you think the mother of this lady would be feeling right now? They did right cutting off all contacts with her.
Re: Meet The Woman Who Intentionally Went Blind Because She Loves Being Disabled by sandrahnaub(f): 6:43pm On Oct 03, 2015
Adufetohposh:
fine girl where have u been hiding your pretty self?
bin just dere watching frm afar

(1) (Reply)

Shameful!!! Is This Fashion Or Madness? (see Shameful Photo) / There's Always That Wicked Female Teacher That Looked Like This / This Is Why Kim Kardashian Never Smiles - People Mag.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.