Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

House Please, What Is The Solution To A Peougeot 605 With A Stiffing Steering? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / House Please, What Is The Solution To A Peougeot 605 With A Stiffing Steering? (1223 Views)

Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hiā€‘Tech Car Thieves / My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil / What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Please, What Is The Solution To A Peougeot 605 With A Stiffing Steering? by Oti4truth: 7:37am On Oct 03, 2015
I just changed the power steering pump yesterday but the steering is still difficult to turn around. Please what can I do?
Re: House Please, What Is The Solution To A Peougeot 605 With A Stiffing Steering? by eme1n(m): 7:38am On Oct 03, 2015
Power steering fluid is dry. Service n refill..

1 Like

Re: House Please, What Is The Solution To A Peougeot 605 With A Stiffing Steering? by Oti4truth: 7:42am On Oct 03, 2015
Thanks for your quick response. I filled it yesterday but the oil is leaking under the brain box
Re: House Please, What Is The Solution To A Peougeot 605 With A Stiffing Steering? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:57am On Oct 03, 2015
Oti4truth:
I just changed the power steering pump yesterday but the steering is still difficult to turn around. Please what can I do?

A few things can cause the steering to be stiff, one of which is installing a "BAD" power steering pump.

No scanning involved

Re: House Please, What Is The Solution To A Peougeot 605 With A Stiffing Steering? by Oti4truth: 8:25am On Oct 03, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

A few things can cause the steering to be stiff, one of which is installing a "BAD" power steering pump.

No scanning involved

Thanks brother. How do I detect if the power steering pump is bad? Because, I just changed it yesterday with the Tokunbo one's I bought. What about the power steering pump oil that was leaking at the front Tyre beside driver's seat?
Re: House Please, What Is The Solution To A Peougeot 605 With A Stiffing Steering? by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:45am On Oct 03, 2015
Oti4truth:

Thanks brother. How do I detect if the power steering pump is bad? Because, I just changed it yesterday with the Tokunbo one's I bought. What about the power steering pump oil that was leaking at the front Tyre beside driver's seat?

You need a new steering.
Re: House Please, What Is The Solution To A Peougeot 605 With A Stiffing Steering? by lonelydora: 9:24am On Oct 03, 2015
Did you bleed off all the air in the system when you changed your pump? Prepare for a new rack since its leaking.
Re: House Please, What Is The Solution To A Peougeot 605 With A Stiffing Steering? by sultaan(m): 7:20pm On Oct 04, 2015
Oti4truth:

Here we go again, you never mentioned why you changed your pump in the first place but now you know the old pump could still be good but it was the leak on your rack and pinion causing the original problem replace rack and pinion since Peugeot is in Nigeria it should be easy to get original new parts possibly shared with a 405/406

(1) (Reply)

Honda Accord 2008- 2010 Engine Needed Urgently / I Need This CAR? / From Bentleys To Range Rovers, Luxury Cars Are Rotting Away In This Graveyard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.