Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,914 members, 7,838,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Man Shot To Death While Attempting To Collect Money Owed Him - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Shot To Death While Attempting To Collect Money Owed Him (660 Views)

Man Dies After Pole Falls On Him While Attempting To Steal Electric Cables. PICS / Three Robbers Crushed To Death While Attempting To Rob On The Highway / Kidnap Gang Member Shoots Member In Error While Attempting To Kill Victim (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Shot To Death While Attempting To Collect Money Owed Him by ijustdey: 11:26am On Oct 03, 2015
By Emmanuel Nzomiwu,
ENUGU
A man identified as Michael Ayogu of Umuopu Center in Igbo-Eze North LGA Enugu State has been allegedly shot dead by his employer, Onyema Mama Idoko.

The suspected killer, Idoko who hails from Inyi Ette, also in Igbo-Etiti North LGA, was said to have gunned down Ayogu, a farmer, on Friday.
It was gathered that the victim, Ayogu met his death when he went to collect money owed him by the suspect, Idoko.

Idoko was said to have pulled out a gun on sighting Ayogu in his house and shot him on the mouth.

The victim slumped and died before help could come his way.

Angered by the incident, youths in the area pounced on the suspected killer and were almost lynching him before the police came to his rescue.

Spokesman of Enugu State Police Command, Ebere Amaraizu confirmed this report. Amaraizu said the Command through its operatives of the Homicide Section of the State Criminal Intelligence and Investigations Department have commenced a full scale investigations into an alleged case of murder of
one Michael Ayogu of Umuopu center of Igboeze North local Government Area of Enugu State with a view to unmasking circumstances surrounding the unfortunate incident.
“It was gathered that the deceased was allegedly
shot dead with a gun by a suspect identified as one Onyema Mama Idoko of Unyi Ette in Igboeze North local Government Area of Enugu state on Friday, October 2.

“It was further gathered that the alleged incident
took place as the deceased identified also to be a farmer that works for the suspect through the cutting of his palm nuts, went to collect money owed him by the suspect and the suspect used his gun and allegedly shot him on the mouth, which caused the death of the deceased” he said.

Meanwhile, Amaraizu said the dead body of the
deceased has now been deposited in a nearby
hospital mortuary for autopsy whiles the suspect,
is helping the police in their investigations.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/10/man-shot-dead-by-employer-in-enugu/

lalasticlala
Re: Man Shot To Death While Attempting To Collect Money Owed Him by whirlwind7(m): 11:35am On Oct 03, 2015
Now it's just easier to pick up a gun and shoot someone dead, rather than try to resolve issues?
I think this report omitted some things. I think there has been a lingering face-off between both parties, before the situation climaxed into this.
That's no excuse for this despicable act, though.

One more thing I'm wondering is...
Recently, when there are cases of death such as this, the report often ends with information that the victim is to be autopsied.
Now, that's new.
Since when has autopsies become routine in Nigeria, especially in cases such as this, where the cause of death is obvious?

Or, is just the mention of an autopsy becoming the norm, when there is actually none to be carried out?

1 Like

Re: Man Shot To Death While Attempting To Collect Money Owed Him by OVI75(m): 11:43am On Oct 03, 2015
RIP to the departed,somtyms u Read news like this and u r like'why would d devil nt remain in his spiritual form instead he is nw turned into police officers and thugs who feel like puling the triger at d slightest provocstion is same with actin Action movies,if u ask me i think ds man shid nt be killed or sentenced to lige imprisonment he shud be sent to sambissa forest.

(1) (Reply)

Evil! Pastor Rape 13year Old Girl In Nasarawa / We Made Blood Covenant – Taxi Driver Who Killed The Girlfriend / Help My Landlady Remove My Light Despite The Fact That I've Paid Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.