Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,452 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Catholic Vatican Fires Gay Priest - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Vatican Fires Gay Priest (666 Views)

Nigerian Women Testify Against Catholic Priest Who Wanted To Rape Them / Church Of England's First Gay Priest Opens Up / Pope Fire Gay Priest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Vatican Fires Gay Priest by Donaldillikah(m): 4:22pm On Oct 03, 2015
VATICAN CITY (AP) — The Vatican on Saturday fired a monsignor who came out as gay on the eve of a big meeting of the world’s bishops to discuss church outreach to gays, divorcees and more traditional Catholic families.The Vatican took action after Krzysztof Charamsa, a mid-level official in its doctrine office, came out in newspaper interviews in Italy and Poland saying he was happy and proud to be a gay priest, and that he was in love with a man whom he identified as his boyfriend.

“The decision to make such a pointed statement on the eve of the opening of the synod appears very serious and irresponsible, since it aims to subject the synod assembly to undue media pressure,” the Vatican spokesman, the Rev. Federico Lombardi, said in a statement.

As a result, Charamsa could no longer work at the Vatican or its pontifical universities, Lombardi said. Despite his dismissal, Charamsa remains a priest, although Lombardi hinted that his superiors could take further action.

Charamsa, 43, initially planned a press conference in front of the Vatican’s Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith’s office, but moved it to central Rome after the Vatican action. He was joined by his companion, identified only as Eduard.

Charamsa told reporters that the timing of his disclosure was not related to the bishops meeting on the family, but said he hoped it might add “a Christian voice” to the synod that is expected to address how the Church can better minister to the homosexual faithful.

“I came out. This is a very personal, difficult and tough decision in the Catholic church’s homophobic world,” Charamsa said, and asked people to bear this in mind.

He said he has written a book in Italian and Polish to “lay bare” his experience “in front of all those who want to confront me.”

Charamsa told the Polish daily Gazeta Wyborcza that he was motivated to make his sexual orientation public by hate mail that he received after publicly criticizing a right-wing Polish priest who is strongly anti-gay in the Catholic weekly Tygodnik Powszechny.

“I have to say who I am. I am a gay priest. I am a happy and proud gay priest,” he told Gazeta Wyborcza.

source with more photos click http://www.vivianblog.com/vatican-fires-gay-priest.html

Re: Catholic Vatican Fires Gay Priest by fav444(f): 4:54pm On Oct 03, 2015
End Times
Re: Catholic Vatican Fires Gay Priest by Rich4god(m): 5:44pm On Oct 03, 2015
Truly.... End time is by the corner...
Re: Catholic Vatican Fires Gay Priest by paulGrundy(m): 6:11pm On Oct 03, 2015
Thank God the catholic church did not accept this gay nonsense. Woow I thought wrong initially. This should serve as a lesson to all gay priests and pastors, practising homosexuality secrectly. Your sins will find you out!! Repent!
Re: Catholic Vatican Fires Gay Priest by Ubenedictus(m): 9:08pm On Oct 03, 2015
O Lord place a guard over my mouth as sentry at the door of my lips.
Re: Catholic Vatican Fires Gay Priest by resty4(m): 9:39pm On Oct 03, 2015
Most catholic fathers r hidden gays,rev siss r hidden lesbians n many r sextually active though secretly.
Re: Catholic Vatican Fires Gay Priest by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:19pm On Oct 03, 2015
"The church is 'infallible'". Quote me anywhere
Re: Catholic Vatican Fires Gay Priest by waldigit: 5:48am On Oct 04, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"The church is 'infallible'". Quote me anywhere
which Church, hope its the one I know so well
Re: Catholic Vatican Fires Gay Priest by lonelydora: 6:43am On Oct 04, 2015
Good one. My bible warned me about being lukewarm, it's either you are hot or cold. It's either he's a priest and eschew gay or he leaves the Vatican.
Re: Catholic Vatican Fires Gay Priest by plappville(f): 7:30am On Oct 04, 2015
Disgusting fellows. Tarnishing trying to tarnish the body of CHRIST. angry
Re: Catholic Vatican Fires Gay Priest by Dekatron(m): 7:49am On Oct 04, 2015
Okay.

I am indifferent about it

(1) (Reply)

. / Has Nairabet And Co. Taken The Place Of Sunday Service Away In Our Youths? / Same Sex Marriages Split Anglican Church, US Branch Suspended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.