Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,270 members, 7,957,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:10 PM

I Am Gay, Says Senior Vatican Priest - - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Gay, Says Senior Vatican Priest - (1036 Views)

Saudi Women Need Not Wear Abaya Robes, Says Senior Cleric / This Female Nigerian Anglican Priest Will Officiate Wedding Of Gay Bisi Alimi / Priest Who Marked Independence On Refuse Dump In Owerri Sent On Transfer. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Gay, Says Senior Vatican Priest - by Hasselbaink: 5:05pm On Oct 03, 2015
A high-ranking Polish priest from the Vatican revealed he was gay on Saturday, saying he wanted to challenge the Church’s “paranoia” on the eve of a key synod on the family.
In two separate interviews to Italy’s Corriere Sera and to the Polish version of Newsweek, Father Krysztof Olaf Charamsa, who works for a Vatican office for protecting Catholic dogma said he was a practising homosexual with a partner.
The explosive revelations by the 43-year-old priest who works for the Vatican’s Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith were published a day before a bishop’s synod at which the Church’s approach to homosexuality, among other topics, will come under review.
“I know that I will have to give up my ministry which is my whole life,” he told the Italian daily.
“I know that the Church will see me as someone who did not know how to fulfil his duty (to remain chaste), who is lost and who is not even with a woman but with a man!”

Charamsa said his decision to come out was motivated by concern for the Church’s attitude to homosexuals, which he described as “backwards”.

“It is time that the Church opened its eyes to gay believers and understood that the solution it is proposing — total abstinence and a life without love — is not humane,” he said.
The Church’s attitude to homosexuality are “backwards when compared to the level of awareness that humankind has reached,” he told the paper.
“The clergy is largely homosexual and unfortunately, it is also homophobic to the point of paranoia but paralysed by the lack of acceptance for its own sexual orientation,” he told the Polish version of Newsweek.
“Wake up, Church, stop persecuting the innocents,” he said, insisting his aim was to help the Catholic church.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/10/03/i-am-gay-says-senior-vatican-priest/

Re: I Am Gay, Says Senior Vatican Priest - by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 03, 2015
How does this story help the victims of Abuja bomb blast?
Re: I Am Gay, Says Senior Vatican Priest - by logicman: 5:09pm On Oct 03, 2015
Potentiaaal frontpge
Re: I Am Gay, Says Senior Vatican Priest - by Precioussilas10: 5:16pm On Oct 03, 2015
Trash!
Re: I Am Gay, Says Senior Vatican Priest - by menesheh(m): 5:39pm On Oct 03, 2015
obum88:
How does this story help the victims of Abuja bomb blast?

And this is not a story about Abuja bombing.
What has Abuja bomb blast victims got to do with a Catholic priest declaring being gay openly?

Catholic priest sir! Enjoy your life as little as it remains. Forget about bronze age subjective law that had been a restraint to your freedom as a human.

We still have thousands if not million of similar persons with same gay impulses that are still faking, claiming not to be one and castigating his fellow gay people because of such hideous law against homosexuality.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Gay, Says Senior Vatican Priest - by Rich4god(m): 5:44pm On Oct 03, 2015
SMH....
Re: I Am Gay, Says Senior Vatican Priest - by ojun50(m): 5:52pm On Oct 03, 2015
I knw Catholic produce more of dis gay guys nd lesbians girls
Re: I Am Gay, Says Senior Vatican Priest - by Chinachriss(m): 5:54pm On Oct 03, 2015
menesheh:

And this is not a story about Abuja bombing.
What has Abuja bomb blast victims got to do with a Catholic priest declaring being gay openly?

Catholic priest sir! Enjoy your life as little as it remains. Forget about bronze age subjective law that had been a restraint to your freedom as a human.

We still have thousands if not million of similar person with same gay impulses that are still faking, claiming not to be one and castigating his fellow gay people because of such hideous law against homosexual.
I am sorry sir. That priest doesnt know Christ. Only another Damascus experience can make a difference. Well, it is his life sha.
Re: I Am Gay, Says Senior Vatican Priest - by menesheh(m): 6:00pm On Oct 03, 2015
Chinachriss:
I am sorry sir. That priest doesnt know Christ. Only another Damascus experience can make a difference. Well, it is his life sha.

How did know that he didn't know Christ?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Gay, Says Senior Vatican Priest - by Dojupyo(f): 6:10pm On Oct 03, 2015
Funny!
So a senior Vatican priest can't go wrong
He's a creature like you and I... He needs our prayer cos ds days the devil is hustling badly even using men of God, but he won't succeed
Re: I Am Gay, Says Senior Vatican Priest - by hahn(m): 6:20pm On Oct 03, 2015
It is his life though. I don't know why theists are always so judgemental.

My own problem is that people should focus more on poverty related issues as well as gay issues. But hey, the world is full of issues undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Gay, Says Senior Vatican Priest - by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 03, 2015
Whatever makes him happy
Re: I Am Gay, Says Senior Vatican Priest - by freecocoa(f): 8:08pm On Oct 03, 2015
While I have no problems with him being gay, why take up priesthood and live a lie? What am I even saying? No be religion again, abegi.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Gay, Says Senior Vatican Priest - by Chinachriss(m): 9:41pm On Oct 03, 2015
menesheh:

How did know that he didn't know Christ?
In Christ, there is no gayism nor any atom of sin. Since he has embraced gayism, my brother, I authoritatively say that he's far- fetched from knowing christ.
Re: I Am Gay, Says Senior Vatican Priest - by oyadanoz: 10:33pm On Oct 03, 2015
Chinachriss:
In Christ, there is no gayism nor any atom of sin. Since he has embraced gayism, my brother, I authoritatively say that he's far- fetched from knowing christ.

chatolic is made up of doctrines of men. he is only trying to make them add one. afterall he is a prist he understand the church beter than u.
Re: I Am Gay, Says Senior Vatican Priest - by wiegraf: 1:43am On Oct 04, 2015
The clergy is largely homosexual he says

smiley

(1) (Reply)

75 Reasons Why You Should Not Touch Alcohol. / Why Do Pple Criticize Rich Pastors / Jesus Has Been Coming Soon Since 2016 Years Ago! You Go Wait Tire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.