Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,918 members, 7,952,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:09 PM

Types Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Types Of God (500 Views)

Catholic Cardinal Declares Mohammed A True Prophet Of God / Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? / The Names Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Types Of God by fromnigeria(m): 3:58pm On Oct 04, 2015
Alot are going wrong in christianity today. One of them is what i call the creation of various types of gods, maybe for superiority complex.
Today in some denominations, mine inclusive, we hear god of this and that. They want to feel like their god is the best.
The adverse effect of this is the widening of the already existing gap between christians, increase in the sin of pride & idolatry et al.
Enough analysis, below are my list of the types of god in some Nigerians churches this days.

GOD
The God of gods, The only true and original God.
This is the only God i know. The one God these christians have carved grin theirs from.

GOD OF CHOSEN
how many times have you heard about this god, they say this god is the best. They encourage members & others to serve only the god of chosen. Na wa o

JEHOVAH
is what they call their god, and the use of God seems wrong and inappropriate to them.
You know them, they're known for the bags they carry about evangelizing.

GOD OF OYEDEPO
I have a kid friend whose father is a pastor of this church. One thing i observe is whenever he needs help or praying, he calls on god of oyedepo. I can't fathom what he means by this statement. Do you have an idea?

GOD OF ADEBOYE
Yet another god for another denomination. Someone once prayed for me in this manner: ''May god of adeboye protect you'', can't remember saying Amen. Think i just nodded.

ADD YOURS O
Lets make the list go lenghty, Feel very free to add yours, I want to know more of these man-made gods.

LAST BULLET:
There is only one God. The only true and Original God.
One is indivisible, so is Christianity one, lets stop dividing ourselves.

Fromnigeria
Re: Types Of God by Magician1503(m): 4:00pm On Oct 04, 2015
Nigerians and their gullibility
Re: Types Of God by SUGARBEE(f): 4:04pm On Oct 04, 2015
Hehehe.. Only in Nigeria we worship different God's...
Re: Types Of God by chipsypop(m): 4:08pm On Oct 04, 2015
"LAST BULLET: [b]There is only one God. The only true and Original God. One is indivisible, so is Christianity one, lets stop dividing ourselves.[\b]"................And what is his name?

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens (october 9th 2015) - STEALING HIS GLORY? / Spiritual Digest For The Day 19th Of October 2015 / Bed Bug Fumigation And Eradication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.