Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? (4809 Views)

Is Jesus The Servant Of God According To The Bible? / Did Moses See God Or Was Timothy Wrong About No One Being Able To see God? / Greater Is The Servant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by ireneony(f): 11:28am On Jun 05, 2016
I think he is a servant of God.
Prove me wrong if you think otherwise

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by hemartins(m): 11:37am On Jun 05, 2016
Jesus is called the Son of God in many places in the New Testament (Matthew 27:54, Mark 1:1, John 1:49, 3:18, 2 Corinthians 1:19, etc.).

But Jesus is also called the servant of God in Acts 3:26, "For you first, God raised up His Servant, and sent Him to bless you by turning every one of you from your wicked ways.” So how can Jesus be both the Son of God and the servant of God?

First of all, the term, "Son of God," when it is in reference to Jesus is a claim of equality with God. John 5:18 says that Jesus, " . . . was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God." Furthermore, Jesus is the second person of the Trinity, the word that was made flesh (John 1:1, 14).

Second, the term, "servant," does not mean that Jesus, who is God in flesh (Col. 2:9), cannot serve the people whom God the Father sent Him to redeem. Being a servant and being the "Son of God" are different categories and are not mutually exclusive.

Jesus has two natures, both divine and human (Col. 2:9), was made under The Law (Gal. 4:4) and for a while was lower than the angels (Heb. 2:9). As such, under The Law He came to serve those who are lost by being an example to them and dying for them.

"Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many," (Matt. 20:28).

8 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by favourboy1(m): 11:38am On Jun 05, 2016
jesus is a son of God. He wasnt among us, he was sent to us through the manifestation of the holy spirit and mary, he is never a servant because he did the will of his father in heaven, he said so, he is a son.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by ireneony(f): 11:43am On Jun 05, 2016
favourboy1:
jesus is a son of God. He wasnt among us, he was sent to us through the manifestation of the holy spirit and mary, he is never a servant because he did the will of his father in heaven, he said so, he is a son.
I'm not sure.but i know Jesus was an angel in heaven before coming to earth.
Do u there are angels we have never of.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by ireneony(f): 11:48am On Jun 05, 2016
hemartins:
Jesus is called the Son of God in many places in the New Testament (Matthew 27:54, Mark 1:1, John 1:49, 3:18, 2 Corinthians 1:19, etc.).

But Jesus is also called the servant of God in Acts 3:26, "For you first, God raised up His Servant, and sent Him to bless you by turning every one of you from your wicked ways.” So how can Jesus be both the Son of God and the servant of God?

First of all, the term, "Son of God," when it is in reference to Jesus is a claim of equality with God. John 5:18 says that Jesus, " . . . was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God." Furthermore, Jesus is the second person of the Trinity, the word that was made flesh (John 1:1, 14).

Second, the term, "servant," does not mean that Jesus, who is God in flesh (Col. 2:9), cannot serve the people whom God the Father sent Him to redeem. Being a servant and being the "Son of God" are different categories and are not mutually exclusive.

Jesus has two natures, both divine and human (Col. 2:9), was made under The Law (Gal. 4:4) and for a while was lower than the angels (Heb. 2:9). As such, under The Law He came to serve those who are lost by being an example to them and dying for them.

"Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many," (Matt. 20:28).
but spirit in heaven are servant to God. The second in command after God was lucifer whom later became the devil.
Jesus is a servant with high rank. Second to God.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by Mediapace: 11:51am On Jun 05, 2016
Don't misquote,JESUS Is the son of God,nothing like servant in xtianity
ireneony:
but are spirit in heaven are servant to God. The second in command after God was lucifer whom later became the devil.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by buharisbae(f): 11:53am On Jun 05, 2016
jesus is the son of God just like a son is always a sevant to his servant so its clear that he is both
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by favourboy1(m): 11:54am On Jun 05, 2016
ireneony:
I'm not sure.but i know Jesus was an angel in heaven before coming to earth.
Do u there are angels we have never of.
whattt ireneony, jesus, angel hell no, try to knw that the purpose of jesus n other servant were diferent, God said at the baptism of jesus that this is my beloved son in whom i am well plead

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by hemartins(m): 11:55am On Jun 05, 2016
ireneony:
but spirit in heaven are servant to God. The second in command after God was lucifer whom later became the devil.

I didn't doubt your points.
Jesus is the only begotten son of God but he became human not to be served but to serve and fulfill the will of God on earth. You can read my first comment again.
Happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by favourboy1(m): 11:57am On Jun 05, 2016
buharisbae:
jesus is the son of God just like a son is always a sevant to his servant so its clear that he is both
ma'am the bible wasnt written in man inspiration, it was through the inspiration of God and the bible never stated that jesus was a servant.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by ireneony(f): 11:57am On Jun 05, 2016
buharisbae:
but he is servant in heaven.

Don't mind me, i like to think deep#
Christianity is so complicated. Muslims call jesus the servant of God. I believe their version of the story better

5 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by favourboy1(m): 12:00pm On Jun 05, 2016
we need understanding to quote Gods word, some people dnt read their bible they only read part, or those passage stated in their church, go to your new testament read well, jesus is never a servant, and the bible never stated so quote me wrong.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by ireneony(f): 12:01pm On Jun 05, 2016
favourboy1:
whattt ireneony, jesus, angel hell no, try to knw that the purpose of jesus n other servant were diferent, God said at the baptism of jesus that this is my beloved son in whom i am well plead
as long you are a christian u are the son of God.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by buharisbae(f): 12:05pm On Jun 05, 2016
ireneony:
but he is servant in heaven.

Don't mind me, i like to think deep#
Christianity is so complicated. Muslims call jesus the servant of God. I believe their version of the story better

lol re u an athiest?? for example i have a son my son is always my servant as long as he is under me

so the same case with with jesus nd God the father jesus is a servant to God yes! buh he is also the son of God
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by favourboy1(m): 12:06pm On Jun 05, 2016
ireneony:
have u ever read the bible, who on earth knws about whats going on in heaven, lucifer is not the second in command, lucifer was the best singer God adore, he was an angel.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 05, 2016
Let the unknown be...... Go to church...bring harm to no one...enjoy yourself...do a lil charity when you can... Obey your parents/elders..... You good too go undecided

Dumbest question ever!
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by favourboy1(m): 12:07pm On Jun 05, 2016
ireneony:
as long you are a christian u are the son of God.
we are all children of God.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by buharisbae(f): 12:08pm On Jun 05, 2016
favourboy1:
ma'am the bible wasnt written in man inspiration, it was through the inspiration of God and the bible never stated that jesus was a servant.

jesus said it himself that he has come to do his fathers work

u mistaking servant for slave

so jesus is also a servant of God
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by ireneony(f): 12:09pm On Jun 05, 2016
buharisbae:

lol re u an athiest?? for example i have a son my son is always my servant as long as he is under me

so the same case with with jesus nd God the father jesus is a servant to God yes! buh he is also the son of God
athiest? As I'm talking with you, I'm in church listening to the word of God.
But God does not procreate he creates. ..for us to serve him. Jesus serve GOD which makes him a servant not son.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by isaco(m): 12:10pm On Jun 05, 2016
Son of God
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by ireneony(f): 12:11pm On Jun 05, 2016
MRrSly:
Let the unknown be...... Go to church...bring harm to no one...enjoy yourself...do a lil charity when you can... Obey your parents/elders..... You good too go undecided

Dumbest question ever!
sorry. ..not everyone is a christian. Do u know the jews don't believe in Jesus?
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by ireneony(f): 12:13pm On Jun 05, 2016
favourboy1:
have u ever read the bible, who on earth knws about whats going on in heaven, lucifer is not the second in command, lucifer was the best singer God adore, he was an angel.
how come God didn't destroy him. grin
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by buharisbae(f): 12:14pm On Jun 05, 2016
ireneony:
athiest? As I'm talking with you, I'm in church listening to the word of God.
But God does not procreate he creates. ..for us to serve him. Jesus serve GOD which makes him a servant not son.

jesus is the only begotten son of God its in the bible and check out the meaning of that phrase

nd read what i wrote b4 nd im also at mass
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by favourboy1(m): 12:15pm On Jun 05, 2016
buharisbae:

jesus said it himself that he has come to do his fathers work

u mistaking servant for slave

so jesus is also a servant of God
ok i will believe once you bring out a passage in the bible that stated him servant ma'm
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by ireneony(f): 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2016
Firsteva your opinion
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by favourboy1(m): 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2016
ireneony:
how come God didn't destroy him. grin
you mean why God didnt destroy jesus right?
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by ireneony(f): 12:18pm On Jun 05, 2016
favourboy1:
you mean why God didnt destroy jesus right?
lucifer
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by buharisbae(f): 12:21pm On Jun 05, 2016
favourboy1:
ok i will believe once you bring out a passage in the bible that stated him servant ma'm

act 3:26
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by favourboy1(m): 12:30pm On Jun 05, 2016
buharisbae:

act 3:26
ma to av a true understanding of the bible we must not pick from verses but we must knw details of the chapters, that chapter was all about peter and john healing and preaching, 26 says God sent his chosen son, to u first bcus God wantd to bls
u n make each one of u turn away frm ur sins, ma let nt stress our slf the bible never stated jesus a servant. He was sent to us, he wasnt among us ma.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by favourboy1(m): 12:36pm On Jun 05, 2016
ireneony:
lucifer
wow, i can nw see that you avnt read the bible completely, ireneony, avoid romance section this week and read revelation, there we find we has human being punishment and the lucifer punishment and when it will come upon him, that revelation chapter 1 all through is very scary but all ur answer r there.
Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by SuperSupremo(m): 1:02pm On Jun 05, 2016
favourboy1:
Don't deceive people like pastors do man

Revelation 19:10 Jesus said to Joshua"do not worship me,am your fellow servant

Is this a lie

4 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Really The Son Of God Or The Servant Of God? by favourboy1(m): 1:12pm On Jun 05, 2016
SuperSupremo:
Don't deceive people like pastors do man

Revelation 19:10 Jesus said to Joshua"do not worship me,am your fellow servant

Is this a lie
the passage wasnt refer to jesus. Sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atheism Is Extreme Evil! / Why Incense Sticks Are Used? / See What Pastor Kumuyi Wore When He Came To Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.