Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,703 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

It's Criminal For Telecommunication companys To Resell Ones Line - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / It's Criminal For Telecommunication companys To Resell Ones Line (1351 Views)

Help Please : How Can I Start Up Mtn SME Data Resell ? / History And Net Worth Of Telecommunication Companies In Nigeria / If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Criminal For Telecommunication companys To Resell Ones Line by sunch(m): 8:33pm On Oct 04, 2015
I lost my phone and the sim in it one year ago, and recently i went to see if i can retrieve the line back, but to my amazement i was told that it has been recycled and sold out. MTN shld be prepared for me as i would do everything possible to get back my line that i bought with my hard earned money in 2002 @11,900. Imagine a line that was sold out to a customer that would have ones information and contact connected to it and later was sold out to another unsuspecting customer. This act is fraudulent,criminal and which is a breach of contract.
Re: It's Criminal For Telecommunication companys To Resell Ones Line by ikbnice(m): 8:43pm On Oct 04, 2015
about two of my lines hav been sold by mtn while etisalat sold one. The new sim i bought was a recycled one belonging to someone else, i rciv cals nd bank alerts on it blnging to someone else. NCC shud luk into it.
Re: It's Criminal For Telecommunication companys To Resell Ones Line by beinstein(m): 9:01pm On Oct 04, 2015
So you thought they were bluffing when they said the SIM card will be blocked after 90 days of inactive? grin grin
Re: It's Criminal For Telecommunication companys To Resell Ones Line by sunch(m): 9:06pm On Oct 04, 2015
ikbnice:
about two of my lines hav been sold by mtn while etisalat sold one. The new sim i bought was a recycled one belonging to someone else, i rciv cals nd bank alerts on it blnging to someone else. NCC shud luk into it.
This is really bad, i cant imagine someone else getting and recieving msgs and informations meant for me. If ncc wont do anything we shld flood the court with this kinda case
Re: It's Criminal For Telecommunication companys To Resell Ones Line by sunch(m): 9:11pm On Oct 04, 2015
beinstein:
So you thought they were bluffing when they said the SIM card will be blocked after 90 days of inactive? grin grin
Can u hear yourself, it will be blocked and not reselling someone's property because it's in ur custody
Re: It's Criminal For Telecommunication companys To Resell Ones Line by lekjons(m): 9:24pm On Oct 04, 2015
y u sef no retrieve am on timegringringringringringringringringringrin
Re: It's Criminal For Telecommunication companys To Resell Ones Line by sunch(m): 9:32pm On Oct 04, 2015
lekjons:
y u sef no retrieve am on timegringringringringringringringringringrin
work, work, work
Re: It's Criminal For Telecommunication companys To Resell Ones Line by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 04, 2015
sunch:
I lost my phone and the sim in it one year ago, and recently i went to see if i can retrieve the line back, but to my amazement i was told that it has been recycled and sold out. MTN shld be prepared for me as i would do everything possible to get back my line that i bought with my hard earned money in 2002 @11,900. Imagine a line that was sold out to a customer that would have ones information and contact connected to it and later was sold out to another unsuspecting customer. This act is fraudulent,criminal and which is a breach of contract.
Well when you buy a new sim, the leaflet contains their terms and conditions. Once you insert the sim into your phone, there is a binding contract between you and them. One of such terms is the power to recycle your line after a stipulated time of inactive use.

3 Likes

Re: It's Criminal For Telecommunication companys To Resell Ones Line by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 04, 2015
sunch:

Can u hear yourself, it will be blocked and not reselling someone's property because it's in ur custody
Some operators have introduced ways of keeping your lines for 1 year at a yearly rental. I think MTN does that for N500. So the Op should sort it with MTN as to why his line was recycled because I know vividly that most lines are recycled after a stipulated number of months of not being active. Probably Op left his/her line inactive for sometime before it was recycled.
Re: It's Criminal For Telecommunication companys To Resell Ones Line by beinstein(m): 9:39pm On Oct 04, 2015
sunch:

Dude they are free to do whatever they deemed fit with the blocked SIM cards, it's no business of yours. You're not in any position to tell them how to go about in running their business.
Re: It's Criminal For Telecommunication companys To Resell Ones Line by beinstein(m): 9:41pm On Oct 04, 2015
asuustrike2009:

Some operators have introduced ways of keeping your lines for 1 year at a yearly rental. I think MTN does that for N500. So the Op should sort it with MTN as to why his line was recycled because I know vividly that most lines are recycled after a stipulated number of months of not being active. Probably Op left his/her line inactive for sometime before it was recycled.
She/he did mention that the line was inactive for over a year.
Re: It's Criminal For Telecommunication companys To Resell Ones Line by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 04, 2015
beinstein:

That is the condition for recycling of line. The op isn't saying the full story that happened because I had experienced similar situation
Re: It's Criminal For Telecommunication companys To Resell Ones Line by sunch(m): 9:47pm On Oct 04, 2015
beinstein:

Dude they are free to do whatever they deemed fit with the blocked SIM cards, it's no business of yours. You're not in any position to tell them how to go about in running their business.
Why wont it be my business, i purchased and paid for it to make it my property
Re: It's Criminal For Telecommunication companys To Resell Ones Line by beinstein(m): 10:04pm On Oct 04, 2015
sunch:

Why wont it be my business, i purchased and paid for it to make it my property
But yet you conveniently ignored the*terms and conditions" Mr asuustrike2009 provided above ↑. Guy you no get better case here abeg.
Re: It's Criminal For Telecommunication companys To Resell Ones Line by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 04, 2015
beinstein:

But yet you conveniently ignored the*terms and conditions" Mr asuustrike2009 provided above ↑. Guy you no get better case here abeg.
And you think I don't know huh? If you leave your line inactive for some months, mtn or whatever have the right to recycle or block your line. The op hasn't told us what he/she did that made mtn recycle his/her line. They don't just recycle line line anyhow
Re: It's Criminal For Telecommunication companys To Resell Ones Line by beinstein(m): 10:26pm On Oct 04, 2015
asuustrike2009:

And you think I don't know huh? If you leave your line inactive for some months, mtn or whatever have the right to recycle or block your line. The op hasn't told us what he/she did that made mtn recycle his/her line. They don't just recycle line line anyhow
Read my comment again.
Re: It's Criminal For Telecommunication companys To Resell Ones Line by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 04, 2015
beinstein:
Okay perharps that is why he/she is experiencing it
Re: It's Criminal For Telecommunication companys To Resell Ones Line by sunch(m): 10:33pm On Oct 04, 2015
Have u taken time to go through the terms and conditions. And are we saying it is proper for ones contact to be reassigned? If yes, i dont think we in order. What needs to be done is to constantly call for reassessment of the user line by callng for a kinda registration
Re: It's Criminal For Telecommunication companys To Resell Ones Line by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 05, 2015
sunch:
Have u taken time to go through the terms and conditions. And are we saying it is proper for ones contact to be reassigned? If yes, i dont think we in order. What needs to be done is to constantly call for reassessment of the user line by callng for a kinda registration
No, a contact has being entered between both parties, they agreed immediately cash was exchanged and sim inserted. No network operator wishes to loose her subscriber because one subscribe means alot. Notwithstanding, there are policies put in place should in case customers refuse to recharge their phone for Long.
1.some service providers designed a product to save your line should in case they want to recycle it
2. Sms are sent to alert customers as to why they have not recharge. Sometimes promotional package are given to stimulate demand
3. Recycling lines brings more revenue to the firm.
If a subscribe feels his line is important, he should recharge his phone once in a month and make calls at least 2 mins Or contact service provider for help

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need A Phone / How To Update Your Windows Phone To Windows 10 Mobile / Infinix NOTE2 (2gb Ram) For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.