Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,360 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Air Duel Between The Sukhoi Su - 30 Russian SM And Israeli F-15(pix) - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Air Duel Between The Sukhoi Su - 30 Russian SM And Israeli F-15(pix) (9708 Views)

Israel Downs Iranian Drone, Strikes Syria; Israeli F-16 Shot Down, Pilots Safe / Did A Russian Missile Really Hit An Israeli F-35? / Two Chinese Sukhoi Su-30 Jets Have Conducted An "Unprofessional" Intercept Of A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Air Duel Between The Sukhoi Su - 30 Russian SM And Israeli F-15(pix) by Nobody: 4:33am On Oct 06, 2015
Lol at people comparing Israel to Russia when it comes to military strength.

I understand your almost automatic bias for Israel, is deeply rooted in your religious belief, but comparing Isreal to Russia is just a step too far in your christian belief that they are a chosen people.

If Israel is more powerful than Russia like you all have said, why then did they panic and call for America's help when in the Yom Kipur war, a draft UN resolution was passed calling for a cease fire and an end to hostilities. Isreal refused to obey the cease fire because the want to have an upper hand at the negotiating table. When the USSR threatened to send in soldiers to enforce the cease fire, America had to respond by raising the defence alert to the highest in peace time.

Isreal is only good at dealing with armies that are technologically inferior.
Re: Air Duel Between The Sukhoi Su - 30 Russian SM And Israeli F-15(pix) by Nobody: 4:36am On Oct 06, 2015
Re: Air Duel Between The Sukhoi Su - 30 Russian SM And Israeli F-15(pix) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 06, 2015
agabusta:

Russia don't need to show strength to lsreal. Even, Isreal's big brother, US, knows the capacity of Russia.

Even US cannot tackle Russia on its own, and had to form a consortium of countries called NATO, just to be able to equal the threat of Russia alone to the entire European continent.

Till date, Isreal and US has been doing all they can to persuade Russia from selling advanced air defence system to Iran. If indeed Russian military gadgets poses no threat, then why the worry?

Not everyone is egocentric like u. Because Russia decides not to be an aggressor does not mean it cannot obliterate Isreal entire air fleet in the event of a conflict.

Russia is superior to Isreal militarily, that is an undisputable fact. Infact Isreal is usually graded from number 7 and below in the world's strongest military ranking.

The only reason Putin is flexing muscles is because Obama is a democrat and will always avoid a shooting war. Obama prefers proxy wars and sanctions. Wait till Republicans take over the presidency and watch them tame the lousy Putin. If it were during the era of G.W Bush, he would have invaded Russia like he invaded Iraq by now
Re: Air Duel Between The Sukhoi Su - 30 Russian SM And Israeli F-15(pix) by seagulsntrawler: 1:23pm On Oct 06, 2015
Missy89:

Sputniknews and Tass is a media front for the FSB and SVR. Just like their western counterparts
I quite agree with you on that. However, there is still some level of objectivity in their reports.
Putin wouldn't go into Syria w/out making plans on how to manage information(call it propaganda if you like).

1 Like

Re: Air Duel Between The Sukhoi Su - 30 Russian SM And Israeli F-15(pix) by agabusta: 1:29pm On Oct 06, 2015
uselessgoat:

The only reason Putin is flexing muscles is because Obama is a democrat and will always avoid a shooting war. Obama prefers proxy wars and sanctions. Wait till Republicans take over the presidency and watch them tame the lousy Putin. If it were during the era of G.W Bush, he would have invaded Russia like he invaded Iraq by now

You obviously know nothing about international military. Bush will invade Russia? lol cheesy cheesy cheesy I laugh at your ignorance. Where the invasion wan start from sef? That is an automatic commencement of the 3rd World war. I dont think the American economy can even sustain that for now.

So you are not aware that the Russian parliament also granted approval to Putin before the Syrian mission began. That happened last week, read it up Bro.

I am miffed you are glorying in the the US fighting proxy wars? Quite pathetic. That is exactly why I detests the US international relations. They are just good at causing wahala everywhere their interest lies.

1 Like

Re: Air Duel Between The Sukhoi Su - 30 Russian SM And Israeli F-15(pix) by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 06, 2015
agabusta:

You obviously know nothing about international military. Bush will invade Russia? lol cheesy cheesy cheesy I laugh at your ignorance. Where the invasion wan start from sef? That is an automatic commencement of the 3rd World war. I dont think the American economy can even sustain that for now.

So you are not aware that the Russian parliament also granted approval to Putin before the Syrian mission began. That happened last week, read it up Bro.

So you are glorying in the the US fighting proxy wars? Quite pathetic. That is exactly why I detests the US international relations. They are just good at causing wahala everywhere their interest lies.

the west has already warned Putin of the consequences of his actions in Syria. If he doesn't stop killing opposition in the guise of ISIL, the US and NATO will be mandated by the UN to invade Russia. that's how the game is played bro
Re: Air Duel Between The Sukhoi Su - 30 Russian SM And Israeli F-15(pix) by seagulsntrawler: 1:52pm On Oct 06, 2015
uselessgoat:

the west has already warned Putin of the consequences of his actions in Syria. If he doesn't stop killing opposition in the guise of ISIL, the US and NATO will be mandated by the UN to invade Russia. that's how the game is played bro
Bros, that your theory nor go work at all. There's nothing the west can do about Russia's intervention in Syria. It is a nuclear armed power that has all western countries on its target. Please do your research on Russian S400 and S500 air defence systems and you will understand where I am coming from. The US has played herself into irrelevance and must learn to live in a multi-polar world where all countries are respected and unilateralism is forbidden.

2 Likes

Re: Air Duel Between The Sukhoi Su - 30 Russian SM And Israeli F-15(pix) by Sveen: 5:38pm On Oct 06, 2015
United States cannot single handedly go to war with Russia. No country can.

1 Like

Re: Air Duel Between The Sukhoi Su - 30 Russian SM And Israeli F-15(pix) by emmatok(m): 9:58pm On Oct 06, 2015
uselessgoat:

undecided and what did Bush do when Russia invaded Georgia.

No country will be so silly to confront Russia.

2 Likes

Re: Air Duel Between The Sukhoi Su - 30 Russian SM And Israeli F-15(pix) by Nobody: 11:38pm On Oct 06, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Nobody wanna mess with Russia, Not even Yahweh. smiley Sorry Israel, go back to flexing your muscles on unarmed Palestinian boys. Syria is off limit for now.
Jehovah Yahweh is the supreme God. He can unseat any country when he deems it fit. Humans cannot challenge him. Even gods do not. Russia is even more of a Christian state, so they also pay homage to God
Re: Air Duel Between The Sukhoi Su - 30 Russian SM And Israeli F-15(pix) by VeeBabs(m): 9:16am On Oct 08, 2015
uselessgoat:

I'm just curious, how old are you? This comment tells me you're either being sarcastic or you're really, really, REALLY naive about that country called Russia.

I've been reading this thread from page 1, and some of the comments here show a deep level of ignorance about international politics and military capabilities, especially.

Anyone suggesting that Israel can take down Russian fighter jets is probably living on the moon, and feeding on news supplied strictly by BBC, CNN, Fox et al.

For your information, Russia is by far the second most powerful country in the world, after the United States. And even the US and NATO would have to deploy their entire military forces if they ever wish to take on (invade) Russia directly.

And they won't try it.

This is why the US -- along with Europe -- are using "soft power" against Russia over Ukraine, by taking advantage of their economic size (especially Europe) to impose sanctions on Russia.

Russia's entry into Syria is a serious game changer. Not only did they bring in some of the best fighter-bomber jets in existence (Sukhoi Su-34 Fullback), they also went in with the deadly Sukhoi Su-30SM a.k.a "Super-Flanker", which, in Indian hands recently defeated British Eurofighter Typhoons in a military drill between the Royal Air Force and the Indian Air Force.

You can google that fight if you want.

And Russia did not even bring the even more powerful Sukhoi Su-35 or the Mikoyan MiG-35 fighter jets.

The Israeli air force is powerful, no doubt. But their jets will RUN AWAY the moment they spot a Russian jet. The two militaries are NOT comparable. It's suicide for Israel.

Most people in this part of the world don't know much about Russia, and I think that's why such under-rating comments are posted around here. We hear so much about American power, and too little about Russian power.

It's understandable, though. Those who fail to read widely, are limited to the news they receive from western media mouth pieces.

And it is all full of rubbish against Russia.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Duel Between The Sukhoi Su - 30 Russian SM And Israeli F-15(pix) by Cannonleo(m): 1:04pm On Oct 08, 2015
Duru1:

Before 1967, USSR used to man both air defense system and a squadron of MiG 21s of Egyptian air force. I guess you have read about what happened during six-day war. It was USSR that called for peace. If Russia and Syria want to take on Israel, I know where to wedge my bet.
ill just relive you with an old quote of mine
"you know I took my time to research about the six day war from.and I realized that all this noise about isreal being invisible ,the best etc were just mere talk .

all I saw was a well prepared Arab league with an Nasser who seemed to have capacity but lacked initiative and a Levi eshkol who didn't want war,more interested in developing Israel,did not have the balls to push the initiative toward and kept breaking down, reallying solely on the US for help and had Lyndon Johnson twitching his fingers to what. steps to take.

it only took a charismatic moshe dayan to put Levi of his suttering jerk and take the initiative .. the six day war was simply about who took the initiative first,believe u me,if nassar hadn't began to back track on the isrealies and hit first,it would be 48 all over again with the isrealies playing guerilla warfare again against a better armed Arab league but the Israelie hit first and just I have always adovacated that modern wars are not won on the ground,the Air is boss,it took just 18 hours to clear the combined airforce of the Arab league and what happened chaos.

this is why I weep for the Nigerian Airforce ,this administration had better find suitable alternatives to obtain out 4g jetsfast since they decided show stupidity by canceling all contacts as regarding advanced talks on sukhoi 30 jets with just few hurdles to put pen to paper as regards putting up a maintenance facility in nigeria with made by the former Admin,plus the jf-17thunder jets ,they had better not go negotiating for Western aircraft or we might have another jaguar junk yard when we refuse to play house duties for the idiots fromthe west.

the isrealie have learnt from that episode and has built a very impressive defense structure but truth be told their nuclear capabilities are the only deterrent left for that the Iranians will deal with them,many isrealies I know don't deny this.that is why the talks with Iran pisses them.off.the feeling of 67 still hovers.

the current heat in the middle east is a 50-50 .for isreal ,there enemies in disarray Good for them but a bigger enemy IsIS knocking at the door just near the Golan heights .plenty wahala

so the Israelies are seating on a boiling pot for now,one thing the six day war taught me was.
element of suprise of a less capable foe
Initiative taking
and Air is supreme(always known that just to re echo it)"
Re: Air Duel Between The Sukhoi Su - 30 Russian SM And Israeli F-15(pix) by ValerianSteel(m): 3:23pm On Oct 10, 2015
VeeBabs:

I'm just curious, how old are you? This comment tells me you're either being sarcastic or you're really, really, REALLY naive about that country called Russia.

I've been reading this thread from page 1, and some of the comments here show a deep level of ignorance about international politics and military capabilities, especially.

Anyone suggesting that Israel can take down Russian fighter jets is probably living on the moon, and feeding on news supplied strictly by BBC, CNN, Fox et al.

For your information, Russia is by far the second most powerful country in the world, after the United States. And even the US and NATO would have to deploy their entire military forces if they ever wish to take on (invade) Russia directly.

And they won't try it.

This is why the US -- along with Europe -- are using "soft power" against Russia over Ukraine, by taking advantage of their economic size (especially Europe) to impose sanctions on Russia.

Russia's entry into Syria is a serious game changer. Not only did they bring in some of the best fighter-bomber jets in existence (Sukhoi Su-34 Fullback), they also went in with the deadly Sukhoi Su-30SM a.k.a "Super-Flanker", which, in Indian hands recently defeated British Eurofighter Typhoons in a military drill between the Royal Air Force and the Indian Air Force.

You can google that fight if you want.

And Russia did not even bring the even more powerful Sukhoi Su-35 or the Mikoyan MiG-35 fighter jets.

The Israeli air force is powerful, no doubt. But their jets will RUN AWAY the moment they spot a Russian jet. The two militaries are NOT comparable. It's suicide for Israel.

Most people in this part of the world don't know much about Russia, and I think that's why such under-rating comments are posted around here. We hear so much about American power, and too little about Russian power.

It's understandable, though. Those who fail to read widely, are limited to the news they receive from western media mouth pieces.

And it is all full of rubbish against Russia.

The two air force may not be comparable in terms of fleet,Russia has more jets.Israel's remodeling of its jets has won it a spot that can contest with any Russian jet,they change the systems and software with improved ones yearly and Israel is no kid when it comes to technology,they have one of the best in the world.

Russia's status only guarantees it an upper hand against Israel but it doesn't guarantee it victory.That can only be answered the day jets from both country find themselves in the hot spot of the skies,till then it remains a mistake to say Israel can't take on Russian jets.
Re: Air Duel Between The Sukhoi Su - 30 Russian SM And Israeli F-15(pix) by VeeBabs(m): 12:38pm On Oct 12, 2015
ValerianSteel:
The two air force may not be comparable in terms of fleet,Russia has more jets.Israel's remodeling of its jets has won it a spot that can contest with any Russian jet,they change the systems and software with improved ones yearly and Israel is no kid when it comes to technology,they have one of the best in the world.

Russia's status only guarantees it an upper hand against Israel but it doesn't guarantee it victory.That can only be answered the day jets from both country find themselves in the hot spot of the skies,till then it remains a mistake to say Israel can't take on Russian jets.

Could Israel take on American or French jets? If your answer is NO, then you have no idea about Russian military capabilities.

First, you admit that Israel buys American jets (F-16 Falcons, F-15 Eagles) and updates/upgrades them with Israeli avionics, yet you don't think that's not enough to make them still inferior to Russia? I laugh.

Send the ENTIRE Israeli Air Force (F-16s, F-15s etc) to battle against a bunch of Su-35 supermaneouverable "Super Flankers", and you'd have a suicide mission on your hands. Even the Su-30 or MiG-35 will give them a very hard beating

Are you aware that the fastest cruise missile in existence is Russian? It's called BrahMos. It's not just supersonic, it's hypersonic (capable of Mach 5+ speeds).

Are you aware that the Russian Sukhoi Su-35 is the most maneouverable fighter jet in the world? It's not called "supermaneouverable" for fancy.

You want to pitch a nation that buys fighter jets (Israel) against a nation that actually designs and manufactures some of the best jets by itself (Russia). Hahhahahahaaaha.

Whether in a dog-fight or in beyond-visual-range (BVR) engagement, Israeli jets will put up the best fight they could, but will eventually drop off the skies like flies.

By the way, Israel used to send it's jets into Syrian air space any how they liked. But just a few days ago, with the arrival of Russian jets in Syria, a pair of Israeli jets were forced to turn around and flee upon sighting a Russian Su-30 coming at them. Why did they run?
Re: Air Duel Between The Sukhoi Su - 30 Russian SM And Israeli F-15(pix) by fineguy11(m): 7:53am On Oct 13, 2015
Phame:
Putin has established a foothold on Syria without the UN security council vote and you are here saying this?
which stupid security council vote..putin was officially invited into syria by the legitimate govt of Al Asad..who gave the US@its coalition allies permission to operate in syria?it seems to me,that illegality is a virtue for u..

1 Like

Re: Air Duel Between The Sukhoi Su - 30 Russian SM And Israeli F-15(pix) by ValerianSteel(m): 6:32pm On Oct 13, 2015
VeeBabs:

Could Israel take on American or French jets? If your answer is NO, then you have no idea about Russian military capabilities.

First, you admit that Israel buys American jets (F-16 Falcons, F-15 Eagles) and updates/upgrades them with Israeli avionics, yet you don't think that's not enough to make them still inferior to Russia? I laugh.

Send the ENTIRE Israeli Air Force (F-16s, F-15s etc) to battle against a bunch of Su-35 supermaneouverable "Super Flankers", and you'd have a suicide mission on your hands. Even the Su-30 or MiG-35 will give them a very hard beating

Are you aware that the fastest cruise missile in existence is Russian? It's called BrahMos. It's not just supersonic, it's hypersonic (capable of Mach 5+ speeds).

Are you aware that the Russian Sukhoi Su-35 is the most maneouverable fighter jet in the world? It's not called "supermaneouverable" for fancy.

You want to pitch a nation that buys fighter jets (Israel) against a nation that actually designs and manufactures some of the best jets by itself (Russia). Hahhahahahaaaha.

Whether in a dog-fight or in beyond-visual-range (BVR) engagement, Israeli jets will put up the best fight they could, but will eventually drop off the skies like flies.

By the way, Israel used to send it's jets into Syrian air space any how they liked. But just a few days ago, with the arrival of Russian jets in Syria, a pair of Israeli jets were forced to turn around and flee upon sighting a Russian Su-30 coming at them. Why did they run?
Stop daydreaming and accept reality of what you can clearly see.
Re: Air Duel Between The Sukhoi Su - 30 Russian SM And Israeli F-15(pix) by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 14, 2015
ValerianSteel:
Stop daydreaming and accept reality of what you can clearly see.

if isreal is that invincible, wy then did they lose to the Egyptians in the first five days of the yomkipur war? They had to rely on America's help to turn the table around.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arrival Of World Leaders In Paris For UN Climate Change Conference / Army Gives Egypt's President A 48-hour Notice / Jonathan Congratulates Netanyahu On His Re-Election As Israeli Prime Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.