Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,105 members, 7,953,372 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:09 PM

Banks Gain N740 Billion From CRR Reduction - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Gain N740 Billion From CRR Reduction (9593 Views)

Nigeria Moves To Recover $3 Billion From Chinese Owned Addax Petroleum / CRR: Zenith, First Bank, GTB, 4 Others Raise N2.14trn In 6 Months / I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Gain N740 Billion From CRR Reduction by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 05, 2015
omonnakoda:
What does the word "Gain" mean in this story?

Me don't know o... UBA is still deducting...
Re: Banks Gain N740 Billion From CRR Reduction by omonnakoda: 10:59am On Oct 05, 2015
MusaIbrahim1:

Me don't know o... UBA is still deducting...

I think many people have a problem with English(I am not referring to you) I do not see any gain and wonder whether people read the story at all.
All that has happened is there is more liquidity in the banking system. How is that "GAIN" ??
Re: Banks Gain N740 Billion From CRR Reduction by mohisd(m): 11:00am On Oct 05, 2015
:Pwww.nigeriapolice.org/recruitment/
Re: Banks Gain N740 Billion From CRR Reduction by Captainswag225(m): 11:00am On Oct 05, 2015
it still doesnt change the fact that buhari and apc are clueless.
Re: Banks Gain N740 Billion From CRR Reduction by obailala(m): 11:02am On Oct 05, 2015
This is good news, I hope the tension created by the TSA palaver would be doused.
Re: Banks Gain N740 Billion From CRR Reduction by anonimi: 11:15am On Oct 05, 2015
MusaIbrahim1:
They should increase salary then and stop sacking their staff grin

.....shows you how EMPTY the so called gain is compared to the MDA deposits withdrawn from the banks.

Just the usual PROPAGANDA that yields NOTHING real for the people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks Gain N740 Billion From CRR Reduction by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 05, 2015
Vorp:
waiting for barcanista to tell us reasons to be sad about this, hungry fool.
grin
Re: Banks Gain N740 Billion From CRR Reduction by tolexy007(m): 11:31am On Oct 05, 2015
wema bank dey dash me like 500 naira everymonth cheesy cheesy
Re: Banks Gain N740 Billion From CRR Reduction by juman(m): 11:34am On Oct 05, 2015
The news is one kind.

It is not profit.

Definition: Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) is a specified minimum fraction of the total deposits of customers, which commercial banks have to hold as reserves either in cash or as deposits with the central bank. CRR is set according to the guidelines of the central bank of a country.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/definition/cash-reserve-ratio

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banks Gain N740 Billion From CRR Reduction by stan101(m): 12:01pm On Oct 05, 2015
Can we just stop attributing all news in this place to government already, can't we make apolotical analysis deviod of pattisan politics and discuss issues as it really is? Gentlemen, lets be Nigerian abeg, non of us was born PDP or APC...
Re: Banks Gain N740 Billion From CRR Reduction by Dbboy(m): 12:04pm On Oct 05, 2015
alaoeri:
The chief wailer will soon say GEJ is responsible for this.

you such an illiterate go and check what CRR means, do you think it is free money or profit. guy you should hide your face that's what happen when you follow an F9 GENERAL you look for irrelevant things to justify his failure.
Re: Banks Gain N740 Billion From CRR Reduction by alaoeri: 12:09pm On Oct 05, 2015
Dbboy:

you such an illiterate go and check what CRR means, do you think it is free money. guy you should hide your face that's what happen when you follow an F9 GENERAL you look for irrelevant things to justify his failure.
Oponu, Chanel your frustration to another place abeg & is GEJ responsible for this?
Re: Banks Gain N740 Billion From CRR Reduction by Dbboy(m): 12:10pm On Oct 05, 2015
Vorp:
waiting for barcanista to tell us reasons to be sad about this, hungry fool.

before you open your mouth and start spilling rubbish go and read on what is CRR(CASH RESERVE RATIO) AND why with the emergence of TSA it became neccessory for the cbn gov to reduce CRR from 30 to 25 percent its just common sense dud.
Re: Banks Gain N740 Billion From CRR Reduction by Dbboy(m): 12:17pm On Oct 05, 2015
alaoeri:

Oponu, Chanel your frustration to another place abeg & is GEJ responsible for this?

when you understand what CRR is then you should comment for now just watch because from your write up it shows you know nothing about the bank and economic dealings, you were one of those deceived by APC because you aren't Lenard enough. that's why present PDP supporters refuse to join the APC because we could see through there lies, we are Lenard enough to know when figures are been manipulated to sooth egos or deceive us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks Gain N740 Billion From CRR Reduction by inkz: 12:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
How I fit borrow 10millz
Re: Banks Gain N740 Billion From CRR Reduction by christinie(f): 1:12pm On Oct 05, 2015
Adesiji77:
The banking sector gained N740 billion as a result of the reduction of the Cash Reserve Ratio, CBN from 31 to 25 per cent by the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN recently.  

Recall that the CRR reduction was announced by the CBN following the implementation of a Treasury Single Account, TSA that mandated all commercial banks to return all government funds in their custody to the CBN.

The Managing Director of Fidelity Bank, Nnamdi Okonkwo who disclosed this at a press briefing after the Bankers’ Committee meeting in Lagos, said that the speculations in some quarters that banks gained N1.2 trillion as a result of the CRR reduction and TSA implementation were unfounded.

According to him, “A lot of figures have been bandied around. Some said N1.2 trillion and so on. Well, the bank examiners are currently reconciling with banks on the figures they have returned but what is definite is that the N1.2 trillion being bandied around is false.

The actual figure when they have been reconciled will be made known to the public. Also the CRR that was released back to the banks on account of TSA implementation was N740 billion. This is confirmed. But the amount of TSA fund that went back to CBN is not verified yet.”

He added that the movement of funds from the system on account of TSA was not intended to strangulate the banks, saying, “If you release the deposit you have, CBN who handles the monetary supply management will of course return your CRR.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/banks-gain-n740-billion-from-crr-reduction/ lalasticlala, davide470
The Managing Director of Fidelity Bank, Nnamdi Okonkwo who disclosed this at a press briefing after the Bankers’ Committee meeting in Lagos, said that the speculations in some quarters that banks gained N1.2 trillion as a result of the CRR reduction and TSA implementation were unfounded.

According to him, “A lot of figures have been bandied around. Some said N1.2 trillion and so on. Well, the bank examiners are currently reconciling with banks on the figures they have returned but what is definite is that the N1.2 trillion being bandied around is false.

They won't even read before commenting.
Re: Banks Gain N740 Billion From CRR Reduction by tommyrayrich(m): 1:21pm On Oct 05, 2015
If this is how banks make money, i guess its time i open mine! grin grin
Re: Banks Gain N740 Billion From CRR Reduction by sosodevf(m): 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2015
kel4soft:

That's all you have to say.

What's your own sef? tongue
Re: Banks Gain N740 Billion From CRR Reduction by 989900: 2:32pm On Oct 05, 2015
Do people understand this piece at all ?
Re: Banks Gain N740 Billion From CRR Reduction by Chukzyfcb(m): 11:20pm On Oct 05, 2015
I don't seem to understand why youguys are happy. Cash reserve ratio was reduced don't mean theymade gain.
For example: zenith bank generates 1million pounds monthly and the cash reserve ratio was 30 then, it means zenith bank is allowed to keep Only 30% of the money with CBN which is 330,000pounds. If cash reserve ratio is now 25, it means bank now save more (400,000 pounds) how is this gain? Its just to tighten money supply and reduce inflation....am not an economist but this is my understanding of the topic!!!
Re: Banks Gain N740 Billion From CRR Reduction by mikolo80: 1:51am On Oct 06, 2015
when mumu foreigners invested we no see this mni o
yet some mumu no go gree say baba de work
and na still body language o
tomorrow is dday

(1) (2) (Reply)

Understanding The Nigeria Stock Exchange Gains / Pet Bottles / Amid Inflation, CBN Raises Interest Rate To 26.75%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.