Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,166 members, 7,838,991 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper (2081 Views)

Did White Christians Use The Bible To Justify Slavery / How The Passover Reveals Jesus Christ / White People Teach Evolution And Atheism But Have The Picture Of A White Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 25, 2009
bawomolo:

interesting so what feast do they have before the passover feast? and why were they preparing the passover then?

I thought you knew that . . .

How can you be bothered about whether Christ died BEFORE or AFTER the passover feast when you know so little background information?

Pathetic.
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by bawomolo(m): 10:30pm On Apr 25, 2009
davidylan:

I thought you knew that . . .

How can you be bothered about whether Christ died BEFORE or AFTER the passover feast when you know so little background information?

Pathetic.

enlighten me brother. Why was the passover feast prepared if Jesus didn't eat it.

Now on the first day of Unleavened Bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying, "Where will you have us prepare for you to eat the Passover?" He said, "Go into the city to a certain one, and say to him, 'The Teacher says, My time is at hand; I will keep the Passover at your house with my disciples.'" And the disciples did as Jesus had directed them, and they prepared the Passover. When it was evening, he sat at table with the twelve disciples; and as they were eating, he said, "Truly, I say to you, one of you will betray me." And they were very sorrowful, and began to say to him one after another, "Is it I, Lord?" He answered, "He who has dipped his hand in the dish with me, will betray me. The Son of man goes as it is written of him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! It would have been better for that man if he had not been born." Judas, who betrayed him, said, "Is it I, Master?" He said to him, "You have said so." Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, "Take, eat; this is my body." And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, "Drink of it, all of you; for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you I shall not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom."

the lamb was definitely sacrificed.
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 25, 2009
bawomolo:

here is a passage from Mark.

what do you think dafidi

Mark 14:10-25

Then Judas Iscariot, who was one of the twelve, went to the chief priests in order to betray him to them. And when they heard it they were glad, and promised to give him money. And he sought an opportunity to betray him. And on the first day of Unleavened Bread, when they sacrificed the Passover lamb, his disciples said to him, "Where will you have us go and prepare for you to eat the Passover?"

why did they sacrifice the passover lamb?

Because the "they" did not imply that it was the disciples who were busy sacrificing the lamb. What Mark was trying to establish to readers was the date . . . i.e. the first day of the feast of unleavened bread (a 7 day feast i suppose) . . . which is the day the passover lamb shld be killed.

You seem not to have the ability to connect dots together or you're too desperate to make something, anything stick.
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 25, 2009
bawomolo:

enlighten me brother. Why was the passover feast prepared if Jesus didn't eat it.

Now on the first day of Unleavened Bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying, "Where will you have us prepare for you to eat the Passover?" He said, "Go into the city to a certain one, and say to him, 'The Teacher says, My time is at hand; I will keep the Passover at your house with my disciples.'" And the disciples did as Jesus had directed them, and they prepared the Passover. When it was evening, he sat at table with the twelve disciples; and as they were eating, he said, "Truly, I say to you, one of you will betray me." And they were very sorrowful, and began to say to him one after another, "Is it I, Lord?" He answered, "He who has dipped his hand in the dish with me, will betray me. The Son of man goes as it is written of him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! It would have been better for that man if he had not been born." Judas, who betrayed him, said, "Is it I, Master?" He said to him, "You have said so." Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, "Take, eat; this is my body." And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, "Drink of it, all of you; for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you I shall not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom."

the lamb was definitely sacrificed.

But WHERE was that lamb? They ate the bread, they drank the wine . . . where did the lamb go?
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by bawomolo(m): 10:36pm On Apr 25, 2009
davidylan:

But WHERE was that lamb? They ate the bread, they drank the wine . . . where did the lamb go?

who knows, maybe White Jesus is a vegetarian  grin

would you deny the lamb was sacrificed by the disciples.  it's specifically stated the passover meal was prepared. Why were they preparing it then?

another thing, why did Jesus say this

Matthew 26:18

18He replied, "Go into the city to a certain man and tell him, 'The Teacher says: My appointed time is near. I am going to celebrate the Passover with my disciples at your house.' " 19So the disciples did as Jesus had directed them and prepared the Passover.
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 25, 2009
bawomolo:

who knows, maybe White Jesus is a vegetarian  grin

That's frankly stupid . . . jews were commanded to eat the passover lamb. there was no room for being a vegetarian . . .

bawomolo:

would you deny the lamb was sacrificed by the disciples.  it's specifically stated the passover meal was prepared. Why were they preparing it then?

But NONE of the gospel authors record the disciples preparing the lamb. That mark chooses to call the LAST SUPPER a passover meal may have been for convenience sake or perhaps an error of translation. It is IMPOSSIBLE that they were eating a passover meal that did not have the lamb because THAT was the essence of the passover in the first place.

bawomolo:

another thing, why did Jesus say this

Matthew 26:18

18He replied, "Go into the city to a certain man and tell him, 'The Teacher says: My appointed time is near. I am going to celebrate the Passover with my disciples at your house.' " 19So the disciples did as Jesus had directed them and prepared the Passover.

Again more stupid stuff . . . when you run into bottle necks you start rushing to find other stuff without concretely outlining your problem with the passages earlier posted.

the passover was a long 7 day feast . . . each of the days could have been called a passover but there was just ONE day when the passover lamb could be eaten.
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by bawomolo(m): 10:46pm On Apr 25, 2009
davidylan:

But NONE of the gospel authors record the disciples preparing the lamb. That mark chooses to call the LAST SUPPER a passover meal may have been for convenience sake or perhaps an error of translation. It is IMPOSSIBLE that they were eating a passover meal that did not have the lamb because THAT was the essence of the passover in the first place.

but Jesus said he would observe the passover and not "parts" of the passover.  The lamb was obviously sacrificed so who says it wasn't eaten?

the passover was a long 7 day feast . . . each of the days could have been called a passover but there was just ONE day when the passover lamb could be eaten.

12And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?

13And he sendeth forth two of his disciples, and saith unto them, Go ye into the city, and there shall meet you a man bearing a pitcher of water: follow him.

14And wheresoever he shall go in, say ye to the goodman of the house, The Master saith, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?

15And he will shew you a large upper room furnished and prepared: there make ready for us.

16And his disciples went forth, and came into the city, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover.

17And in the evening he cometh with the twelve.

18And as they sat and did eat, Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, One of you which eateth with me shall betray me.

are you going to argue, that "they" didn't mean the disciples? come on man. It's obviously the passover that was observed by jesus. The passover feast was a requirement of jewish law so why won't jesus take part in it?
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 25, 2009
bawomolo:

but Jesus said he would observe the passover and not "parts" of the passover.  The lamb was obviously sacrificed so who says it wasn't eaten?

Again you're either confused or deliberately trying to be obtuse. When was this lamb sacrificed? Mark only describes the first day of the unleavened bread as the day the passover lamb was sacrificed . . . (as instituted in the book of Exodus 12). Mark doesnt say whether anyone killed a lamb!

bawomolo:

12And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?

13And he sendeth forth two of his disciples, and saith unto them, Go ye into the city, and there shall meet you a man bearing a pitcher of water: follow him.

14And wheresoever he shall go in, say ye to the goodman of the house, The Master saith, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?

15And he will shew you a large upper room furnished and prepared: there make ready for us.

16And his disciples went forth, and came into the city, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover.

17And in the evening he cometh with the twelve.

18And as they sat and did eat, Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, One of you which eateth with me shall betray me.

are you going to argue, that "they" didn't mean the disciples? come on man. It's obviously the passover that was observed by jesus

Its not, you simply are desperate that it shld be so you can run off with claims of contradiction. the "they" describes no one . . . it merely qualifies the day mark was talking about. Unleavened bread is eaten throughout the seven days of the passover, Mark needed to add that it was the day of the passover lamb sacrifice so we could know which EXACT day he was talking about.

If he had simply said - And the first day of unleavened bread, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?

We wouldnt know if he was refering to the first, second, third or seventh day of unleavened bread. the evidence of Mark trying his best to make us understand that day is clear when he describes that day as the FIRST DAY of unleavened bread.
According to Ex 12, that day is the day the lamb for the passover is sacrificed.
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 25, 2009
bawomolo:

The passover feast was a requirement of jewish law so why won't jesus take part in it?

If He died BEFORE the passover how could he have taken part in it? undecided
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by bawomolo(m): 10:54pm On Apr 25, 2009
davidylan:

Again you're either confused or deliberately trying to be obtuse. When was this lamb sacrificed? Mark only describes the first day of the unleavened bread as the day the passover lamb was sacrificed . . . (as instituted in the book of Exodus 12). Mark doesnt say whether anyone killed a lamb!

Its not, you simply are desperate that it shld be so you can run off with claims of contradiction. the "they" describes no one . . . it merely qualifies the day mark was talking about. Unleavened bread is eaten throughout the seven days of the passover, Mark needed to add that it was the day of the passover lamb sacrifice so we could know which EXACT day he was talking about.

If he had simply said - And the first day of unleavened bread, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?

We wouldnt know if he was refering to the first, second, third or seventh day of unleavened bread. the evidence of Mark trying his best to make us understand that day is clear when he describes that day as the FIRST DAY of unleavened bread.
According to Ex 12, that day is the day the lamb for the passover is sacrificed.

You are the one deceiving yourself, it's clear Jesus observed the passover according to Jewish Law. Jesus obviously made preparations for the Passover.

davidylan:

If He died BEFORE the passover how could he have taken part in it? undecided

cuz the passover he observed was the last supper undecided
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 25, 2009
bawomolo:

You are the one deceiving yourself, i[b]t's clear Jesus observed the passover according to Jewish Law.[/b] Jesus obviously made preparations for the Passover.

Daft . . . he didnt, pls show me where "its clear" that He did. And make sure your passage contains He's eating of the passover lamb as without that there is no passover.

Making preparations for the passover does not mean He partook of it . . . that is elementary logic. Dele Giwa must have been preparing for christmas before he was killed in 1987. Does that mean "its clear" he observed it?

Morons.
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 25, 2009
bawomolo:

cuz the passover he observed was the last supper undecided

Daft again . . . i asked you why the last supper contained bread, wine BUT NO LAMB! Where was the passover lamb you claimed they sacrificed? they ate it under the table and NONE of the gospel authors recorded it?
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by bawomolo(m): 10:58pm On Apr 25, 2009
davidylan:

Daft . . . he didnt, pls show me where "its clear" that He did. And make sure your passage contains He's eating of the passover lamb as without that there is no passover.

Making preparations for the passover does not mean He partook of it . . . that is elementary logic. Dele Giwa must have been preparing for christmas before he was killed in 1987. Does that mean "its clear" he observed it?

Morons.

but If Dele Giwa ate the meal he prepared on chrismas day, what does that say.  Jesus clearly ate a meal that evening.

You are obviously trying to deny the meal Jesus ate was the passover
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 25, 2009
bawomolo:

but If Dele Giwa ate the meal he prepared on chrismas day, what does that say.  Jesus clearly ate a meal that evening.

Was it the passover meal? You've failed to convince me it was.

bawomolo:

You are obviously trying to deny the meal Jesus ate was the passover

No, you havent provided any substantive evidence to show that fact . . . you're simply lying and shamelessly for that matter.

I asked a simple question - why did they eat bread, drink wine but NOT the LAMB? The passover is centered around the lamb, infact both Exodus and Deuteronomy contain SPECIFIC instructions on how and when the lamb shld be prepared and eaten. Its strange that NONE of the gospel authors mentioned the most important portion of the passover feast only to focus on bread and wine!

Show me proof mister. you confused idiots dont know what you're talking about, you simply know how to drone on and on and on.
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 25, 2009
One simple prove to show your ignorance . . . Luke 22's account of the last supper is even more interesting . . . he mentions SPECIFICALLY that both Christ and the disciples had TWO (2) cups of wine at the last supper.

But the passover seder involves FOUR (4) cups of wine.

Bawomolo . . . gain some understanding first before making noise like the empty barrel you are.
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by bawomolo(m): 11:13pm On Apr 25, 2009
davidylan:

Was it the passover meal? You've failed to convince me it was.

No, you havent provided any substantive evidence to show that fact . . . you're simply lying and shamelessly for that matter.

I asked a simple question - why did they eat bread, drink wine but NOT the LAMB? The passover is centered around the lamb, infact both Exodus and Deuteronomy contain SPECIFIC instructions on how and when the lamb shld be prepared and eaten. Its strange that NONE of the gospel authors mentioned the most important portion of the passover feast only to focus on bread and wine!

Show me proof mister. you confused idiots dont know what you're talking about, you simply know how to drone on and on and on.

It was the passover meal considering Jesus said go prepare the passover meal so we can EAT. as to why the LAMB isn't mentioned with the bread and wine, i don't know.  can you relax on the insults or is that part of your gimmick? you still have disproved the last supper as a passover meal. what Jesus celebrated was his version of the passover. you can't deny this
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 25, 2009
bawomolo:

It was the passover meal considering Jesus said go prepare the passover meal so we can EAT.

We are not EXACTLY sure that was what he meant because you are reading from an english translation. Christ didnt speak english 2000 yrs ago.

bawomolo:

as to why the LAMB isn't mentioned with the bread and wine, i don't know.

Because it simply wasnt there . . . At least 3 gospels mention the last supper . . . NONE mention the lamb. Very instructive. Even references to the last supper in corinthians mentions the bread and wine, NO LAMB!

bawomolo:

can you relax on the insults or is that part of your gimmick? you still have disproved the last supper as a passover meal.

Neither have you shown that the last supper was a passover meal.

I have, on the other hand, challenged you WITH FACTS as to WHY it wasnt the passover meal:

1. No lamb
2. it wasnt the day the passover meal was usually eaten.
3. they drank 2 cups of wine (one before and after the meal) BUT the passover meal has 4 cups of wine.

and u're still here bleating that i havent disproved the last supper as the passover meal?

Pathetic. As for the insults, sorry . . . i find it difficult standing brainless folks who continuously whine when its clear they dont have a basic understanding of the issues they are discussing. Read up on the passover rite itself then compare it to the last supper. Tell me if you see any similarities . . . now that's what i would have expected a 5 yr old with half a brain to do.
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 25, 2009
bawomolo:

what Jesus celebrated was his version of the passover. you can't deny this

Stupid. You cant celebrate a "version" of the passover. Pls go back and read Exodus 12 completely . . . the passover was a strict commandment DOWN TO THE VERY LAST DETAIL.

It included the days (14-21), the specific month (Nissan), the time the lamb shld be slaughtered (evening), when it could be eaten (night) . . . and that NOTHING (not even the bread or lamb) shld be left over till the morning.

there was no room for folks to invent their own versions of the passover.

I can deny your allegation because it is baseless, has no backing in facts and is made by one only desperate to perpetuate the falsehood of contradictions in the bible.
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by bawomolo(m): 11:25pm On Apr 25, 2009
davidylan:

We are not EXACTLY sure that was what he meant because you are reading from an english translation. Christ didnt speak english 2000 yrs ago.

Because it simply wasnt there . . . At least 3 gospels mention the last supper . . . NONE mention the lamb. Very instructive. Even references to the last supper in corinthians mentions the bread and wine, NO LAMB!

Neither have you shown that the last supper was a passover meal.

I have, on the other hand, challenged you WITH FACTS as to WHY it wasnt the passover meal:

1. No lamb
2. it wasnt the day the passover meal was usually eaten.
3. they drank 2 cups of wine (one before and after the meal) BUT the passover meal has 4 cups of wine.

and u're still here bleating that i havent disproved the last supper as the passover meal?

Pathetic. As for the insults, sorry . . . i find it difficult standing brainless folks who continuously whine when its clear they dont have a basic understanding of the issues they are discussing. Read up on the passover rite itself then compare it to the last supper. Tell me if you see any similarities . . . now that's what i would have expected a 5 yr old with half a brain to do.

the Lamb was killed by the disciples. matthew 14:12 specifically says so.  

And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him,

you are the one trying to switch this around to mean Jews and not the disciples. what Jesus observed was the passover.  The definitely killed the lamb at bethany.  Luke only mentioned the first and third cups, that doesn't mean other cups weren't used.
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by bawomolo(m): 11:28pm On Apr 25, 2009
davidylan:

Stupid. You cant celebrate a "version" of the passover. Pls go back and read Exodus 12 completely . . . the passover was a strict commandment DOWN TO THE VERY LAST DETAIL.

It included the days (14-21), the specific month (Nissan), the time the lamb shld be slaughtered (evening), when it could be eaten (night) . . . and that NOTHING (not even the bread or lamb) shld be left over till the morning.

I can deny your allegation because it is baseless, has no backing in facts and is made by one only desperate to perpetuate the falsehood of contradictions in the bible.

yeah the genius who believes muslims didn't have a civilization calling me stupid. hooray.

so what was the last supper? a reunion?
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by mazaje(m): 11:40pm On Apr 25, 2009
bawomolo pls stop arguing with this deluded goon. . . .mark said that jesus was crucified on the passover day while john says that he was crucified on the eve of passover. . . if you read john 18:2-13, it says that when judas and the soldiers came to arrest jesus, jesus was the one that identified himself unto the soldiers and told them that he is jesus while judas looked on without saying a word, they then arrested jesus and took him away but if you read mark 14:43-46 it clearly says that when judas and the soldiers came judas had already giving them a signal, saying, whomever he kisses, is the one they should arrest, he then went ahead and kissed jesus and they took him away. their accounts are completely different. . . if you read how peter denied jesus in the book of luke and the book of mark you will also see that their accounts are also very, very different.If you read Luke 24:32-37 It very clearly says that Jesus first appeared to the 11 in a room in Jerusalem, but if you read Matthew 28:15-17 It very clearly says that It was on a mountain in Galilee. read the post resurrection accounts of jesus and tell me if you can form a coherent narrative out of it. . .

Here are the VERY  DIFFERENT accounts of event that happened when the women went to the tomb of jesus. . . .these accounts completely cancel each other out. . . .

According to Mark 16:1-8, Mary and Mary find that the tomb has been opened

When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus' body. Very early on the first day of the week, just after sunrise, they were on their way to the tomb and they asked each other, "Who will roll the stone away from the entrance of the tomb?" But when they looked up, they saw that the stone, which was very large, had been rolled away. As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed. "Don't be alarmed," he said. "You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him. But go, tell his disciples and Peter, 'He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.' " Trembling and bewildered, the women went out and fled from the tomb. They said nothing to anyone, because they were afraid.
– Mark 16:1-8

According to Matthew, an angel in shining garments is seen by Mary and Mary opening the tomb, and the angel tells them not to be afraid since Jesus is risen from the dead.

After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb. There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men. The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you. So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me."

– Matthew 28:1-10

According to Luke, the women discover the tomb has been opened, and two men in shining garments come up to them and tell them not to be afraid since Jesus is risen.

On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, "Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: 'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.' " Then they remembered his words.

– Luke 24:1-8

Here is john's very very different account of events. . . .

Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance. So she came running to Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one Jesus loved, and said, "They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we don't know where they have put him!" So Peter and the other disciple started for the tomb. Both were running, but the other disciple outran Peter and reached the tomb first. He bent over and looked in at the strips of linen lying there but did not go in. Then Simon Peter, who was behind him, arrived and went into the tomb. He saw the strips of linen lying there, as well as the burial cloth that had been around Jesus' head. The cloth was folded up by itself, separate from the linen. Finally the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went inside. He saw and believed. (They still did not understand from Scripture that Jesus had to rise from the dead.) Then the disciples went back to their homes, but Mary stood outside the tomb crying. As she wept, she bent over to look into the tomb and saw two angels in white, seated where Jesus' body had been, one at the head and the other at the foot. They asked her, "Woman, why are you crying?" "They have taken my Lord away," she said, "and I don't know where they have put him." At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus.

– John 20:1

its clear that the writers of the gospel do not even know what they are talking about. . . . davidylan does not know what he is talking about. . . . this is what a christian scholar had to say about it. . . christian scholar A. E. Harvey, says, "All the Gospels, after having run closely together in their accounts of the trial and execution, diverge markedly when they come to the circumstance of the Resurrection. It's impossible to fit their accounts together into a single coherent scheme."
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by mazaje(m): 11:43pm On Apr 25, 2009
davidylan:

jesus invented his own version of the Sabbath didn't he? since he broke the law of the sabbath what makes you think he can't break the law of the passover?. . . .
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by Nobody: 11:46pm On Apr 25, 2009
bawomolo:

the Lamb was killed by the disciples. matthew 14:12 specifically says so.  

And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him,

you are the one trying to switch this around to mean Jews and not the disciples. what Jesus observed was the passover.  The definitely killed the lamb at bethany.  Luke only mentioned the first and third cups, that doesn't mean other cups weren't used.

Matthew says NO SUCH THING. You're trying very desperately to spin it . . . Matthew does not mention them eating the lamb (the only thing he allegedly talked about them preparing) but talks about the bread and wine (which he shockingly NEVER mentions them preparing.
Luke also skips them eating this alleged lamb . . . Mark ignores it too and when Paul reports the last supper . . . oh boy he also conveniently FORGETS TO MENTION THIS MYSTERY LAMB that only Bawomolo the fool knows about!  shocked

I repeat 1000 times, Matthew used the phrase "when they killed the passover" to qualify the day of unleavened bread he was mentioning. Another evidence is the fact that he uses the term "first" to qualify that day.

Luke mentions ONLY 2 CUPS! He doesn't qualify whether it was the third cup (that is your own insidious and dishonest interjection) or not, he uses the term "ALSO" in verse 20 to help us with the fact that it was not the same as the first cup they drank in verse 17 of Luke 22.

What Jesus observed was NOT the passover . . . i have asked you to provide proof and all you've done is waffling like an ignoramus.
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by Nobody: 11:47pm On Apr 25, 2009
bawomolo:

yeah the genius who believes muslims didn't have a civilization calling me stupid. hooray.

so what was the last supper? a reunion?

Provide proof of what it was idiot.
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by bawomolo(m): 11:48pm On Apr 25, 2009
you keep on claiming it wasn't the passover then what was it then? a reunion. you are the one trying to spin things and squeezing insults within it. Jesus obviously mentioned he planned to observe the passover

There's no point arguing with you
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 25, 2009
bawomolo:

you keep on claiming it wasn't the passover then what was it then? a reunion. you are the one trying to spin things and squeezing insults within it.

You dishonest fool keep claiming it was the passover . . . PROVE IT! Bring us FACTS and FIGURES not your own spin or opinion. I have provided you FACTS . . .

1. Date
2. 2 cups as against the customary 4 for passover feasts.
3. NO LAMB!

Where is YOUR own proof thou fool?

There is no point arguing with you either but if you post more lies you can be sure i'll be here to rebutt it. For so long you dishonest idiots think you can just waltz in here and throw up stuff that your internet masters put up for you. I very much doubt you've read ANY of the 4 biblical references to the last supper.

Paul calls the second cup "the cup of blessing" in Corinthians . . . the cup of blessing is NOT a part of the passover feast at all!
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 25, 2009
bawomolo:

you keep on claiming it wasn't the passover then what was it then? a reunion. you are the one trying to spin things and squeezing insults within it. Jesus obviously mentioned he planned to observe the passover

Jesus didnt speak English, we are only assuming the bible interpreters were 100% accurate.
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by bawomolo(m): 11:54pm On Apr 25, 2009
Jesus didnt speak English, we are only assuming the bible interpreters were 100% accurate.

you aren't making sense, so are you trying to say that was a misinterpretation or did Jesus rescind his promise to observe the passover?

whatever dude. You guys love to brag about the bible being perfect but somehow you claim poor translation when things don't go your way.
Re: Did White Jesus Eat The Passover Supper by McSterling(m): 11:15am On Mar 31, 2015
Dishonest davidylan. Luke 22:1 clearly states that the feast of unleavened bread is also known as the Passover. And Jesus made references to eating the Passover in verses 8, 11 and 15. At the meal, Jesus says in verse 15:
"...With desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer"

It's clear that whatever Jesus ate that night with his disciples was the Passover to him. Whether it was bread, akpu, amala, pork, lamb or whatever is no business of ours. As far as Jesus was concerned according to Luke, he ate the Passover. Saying otherwise is accusing Jesus of lying or being mistaken.

I miss this young man bawomolo. RIP still.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Things You Must Know About Destiny Killers / The Deceit Of "Everlasting Life"... / Testimony Of Ex-Jehova's Witness - Perhaps She is lying ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.