Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,923 members, 7,814,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

What Deodorant Are You Wearing Now And Which Can You Recommend? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Deodorant Are You Wearing Now And Which Can You Recommend? (2544 Views)

Ladies Beware: 6 Health Risks Of Wearing A G-string / Which Is The Most Skin Friendly Deodorant? / How To Choose An Effective Underarm Deodorant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Deodorant Are You Wearing Now And Which Can You Recommend? by amebo22: 7:57am On Apr 22, 2009
Hi NL,
I would like to know what deodorant you would recommend that does not stain on clothes, show white patterns on d armpits when wearing sleaveless and last long. i have tried a couple like Mitchum, Dove, sure, suave, to mention but a few. Right now i am wearing dove, pls recommend somtin, its so embarassing to ve those stains.
cheers
Re: What Deodorant Are You Wearing Now And Which Can You Recommend? by amebo22: 6:58am On Apr 30, 2009
Its either people are no longer using Deodorants and only perfumes or NLs stopped using deodorants pls now someone recommend on i can use my clothes are ruining, and i want to be able to raise my arms , please
Re: What Deodorant Are You Wearing Now And Which Can You Recommend? by tpiah: 7:25am On Apr 30, 2009
you could be laying it on too thick.

Have you tried the spray ons? Though they're probably depleting the ozone layer but still worth a try.

Gels could also be good- I stopped using them because I was getting a reaction but not everyone does.

If you're ok with it, Almay gel seems to work well from some customer reviews I saw. I do like the gels- my only problem is the one I just mentioned.

There's a "lotion/cream" deodorant which you apply with your fingers like regular vaseline. I've never tried those however.

Its either people are no longer using Deodorants and only perfumes or NLs stopped using deodorants

lol we use a combination of deodorants and/or dusting powder nah grin grin
Re: What Deodorant Are You Wearing Now And Which Can You Recommend? by amebo22: 6:22pm On Apr 30, 2009
That was funny but tks for the info i wil just go shop for that soonest. Almay u say did not not dey carry deodorants i tot it was only makeup, tnks alot,
Re: What Deodorant Are You Wearing Now And Which Can You Recommend? by dominique(f): 8:24pm On Apr 30, 2009
@ amebo22
you need to look at the active ingredients before buying. i will recommend one that contains some percentage of alcohol. it dries fast anddoesnt leave those whitish residues.
Re: What Deodorant Are You Wearing Now And Which Can You Recommend? by amebo22: 8:58pm On Apr 30, 2009
dominique:

@ amebo22
you need to look at the active ingredients before buying. i will recommend one that contains some percentage of alcohol. it dries fast anddoesnt leave those whitish residues.

if i am to look for the % of alcohol what range are we looking at please?
Re: What Deodorant Are You Wearing Now And Which Can You Recommend? by flpdistrib: 9:27pm On Apr 30, 2009
Try Foreverliving products ALOE EVER-SHIELD DEODORANT STICK.It provides effective protection against odor,glides on smoothly and doesn't stain clothes.It doesn't contain harsh anti-perspirant aluminium salts that could cause breast cancer,skin cancer etc.It also contains stabilized aloe vera gel that keeps you clean all day without irritation.
Re: What Deodorant Are You Wearing Now And Which Can You Recommend? by amebo22: 9:33pm On Apr 30, 2009
flpdistrib:

Try Foreverliving products ALOE EVER-SHIELD DEODORANT STICK.It provides effective protection against odor,glides on smoothly and doesn't stain clothes.It doesn't contain harsh anti-perspirant aluminium salts that could cause breast cancer,skin cancer etc.It also contains stabilized aloe vera gel that keeps you clean all day without irritation.
please i would like to know if it worked for you and if you have used it before, becos all the ads i see is always perfect until you use it at home. Also is the name Aloe ever sheild though i have written it down and will also check the ingredients just as the contributor above suggested. thanks once again everyone.
Re: What Deodorant Are You Wearing Now And Which Can You Recommend? by Sissy3(f): 3:29am On May 01, 2009
Actually it isn't the deodorant leaving the Yellow stains on cloths but it is the sweats.

try one of those clinical strengths deodorant like Secret. make sure your underarms are dried before applying it and wait like 5-7 or 10mintues before dressing it.

or try Certain Dri, and Secret clinical deodorant

or i think you should stop using deodorant and start using Antiperspirants, which will control the sweating cause deodorant only mask the smell.

also there are prescription strength Antiperspirants that might help if over the counter ones don't work.

also you could trying waxing your underarms, cause it will help. i wax mines, painful but worth it
Re: What Deodorant Are You Wearing Now And Which Can You Recommend? by Nobody: 3:30am On May 01, 2009
Secret. . . .can't live without it
Re: What Deodorant Are You Wearing Now And Which Can You Recommend? by mohawkchic(f): 3:38am On May 01, 2009
~ You might find this topic helpful

Let's Talk About Arm-pit Deodorants

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-180883.32.html
Re: What Deodorant Are You Wearing Now And Which Can You Recommend? by Nobody: 4:33am On May 01, 2009
well you first have to tell us a bit more about yourself.
do you have strong body odor or are you sweating a lot.
most people make the mistake of using the wrong product for the wrong symptoms.
if you sweat profusely then you should use an antiperspirant rather than a  deodorant  while if you have strong body odor then you should use deodorant rather than antiperspirant.
or put it this way: DEODORANT DELAY SMELL while ANTIPERSPIRANT DELAY SWEAT.

as for me, i use GILLETTE CLEAR GEL.
Re: What Deodorant Are You Wearing Now And Which Can You Recommend? by amebo22: 5:16am On May 01, 2009
Mr Brown,
I would say i sweat on the average like running up a flight of stairs, and once i do that i cant just kip my pits togeda cos now they would feel sticky al day till i shower.if i dont run up the stairs am fine for the whole day except if i take a long walk which i usual do on an average of 20mins morning and evening after shower, stupid abi , i know but that is the only way i would make the walk.
i love to wear sleeveless like the spag ,tanks etc but i just dont want to anymore cos i am afraid of what i will be xposing unintentionally,
@ sissy
the stains are not yellow but the whitish residue from the deodorant that is y am sure its not about the sweat. waxing i ve neva done that to my pits cos after getting my eyebrows done i was convinced beyond reasonably doubt that would be my last waxing of anypart of my body.
So on the whole i would say i sweat on the average i just dont want those white stains at all. So i can show off my arms and shoulders

Thank you
Re: What Deodorant Are You Wearing Now And Which Can You Recommend? by Sissy3(f): 5:37am On May 01, 2009
yes, waxing is painful, sometimes when i get mine, it is so painful that i feel like slapping the lady just to release the pain embarassed embarassed   but anyways it is worth it at least it last for 8 weeks better than every day to two days shaving and getting those bumps. and with regular waxing the hair grows less often and it helps with the dark armpit thing for those who have it.

since it is the white stains you are concerned about, try secret clinical strength deodorant or the gel ones
Re: What Deodorant Are You Wearing Now And Which Can You Recommend? by amebo22: 6:05am On May 01, 2009
Thanks sissy but now you -OR in the statement, i just need to choose one which one do you recommend as in other words which one worked for you? tks once again
Re: What Deodorant Are You Wearing Now And Which Can You Recommend? by Sissy3(f): 6:12am On May 01, 2009
Secret works.

http://www.secret.com/SecretProducts.do

then pick the type you want
Re: What Deodorant Are You Wearing Now And Which Can You Recommend? by amebo22: 6:26am On May 01, 2009
Aiight i will try it out soonest, tks dear
Re: What Deodorant Are You Wearing Now And Which Can You Recommend? by Bamsherif(m): 7:37am On Sep 05, 2017
Plz i need advice on deodorant that can help prevent under arm sweat (i sweat alot).......i used sure roll on before and used to be very effective but no longer work this days.......i've tried nivea roll ons and gillete high perfomance stick but let down.......pls advice....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wiki-leaks Claims That Steve Jobs Died Of Hiv / Odds Of Contracting HIV At A Single Exposure / Hey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.