Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,092 members, 7,811,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Car Can't Climb Hill, Engine Power Is Low.......pls Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Can't Climb Hill, Engine Power Is Low.......pls Help (9675 Views)

Low Engine Power In Your Car? These Are Some Likely Reasons / Scewo Electric A Wheelchair For The Disabled That Can Climb Stairs Independently / Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Can't Climb Hill, Engine Power Is Low.......pls Help by leo083: 3:44am On Oct 06, 2015
Hello house, @ Siena, @ ikenna. I drive a mazda6 2007 sedan, I noticed that the ca r does not accelerate like before and the car capacity is kinda low. When I slow down while going up a hill the car can barely move, it wouldn't just move, it's worse when the AC is on. I had to reverse to a plain surface then start moving again. I checked the plugs it was ok. I went to my mecho. He said the car engine is "low" that he' gonna high it but he checked but said he didn't see where to high it, he said may be it'll correct it self later .. Pls urgent help needed cos it is quite embarrassing... Note: I recently changed my top gasket and timing belt was adjusted cos the car could not do "slow" as they call it
Re: Car Can't Climb Hill, Engine Power Is Low.......pls Help by Lexusgs430: 4:51am On Oct 06, 2015
Engine is tired. 2 options
(1) Buy a better engine
(2) Buy another better car
Re: Car Can't Climb Hill, Engine Power Is Low.......pls Help by Bishop4bella(m): 5:01am On Oct 06, 2015
In situations like this, I will advice you go back to mechanic or another one to check your car fuel pump. I guess is not supplying enough fuel when is ascending hills.

Is either fuel pump is choked or it need replacement.
Another thing is, does ur vehicle back fires as in making some sound like the engine wants to go off. And again does the sound obstruct ur car movement.

Another fault that can be trace to this kind of situation is when ur gear is pack off gradually. This may not be accompanied with back firing sound I mentioned above. It may gear then later it will not be selecting as expected that's if its auto transmission.

I ll advice to take youe vehicle for propare diagnose.

Thanks
Re: Car Can't Climb Hill, Engine Power Is Low.......pls Help by ruke84(m): 6:24am On Oct 06, 2015
Re: Car Can't Climb Hill, Engine Power Is Low.......pls Help by ruke84(m): 6:26am On Oct 06, 2015
My little question, why did the mechanic decide to readjust your timing. Did he design the engine or does the manufacturer tell you to do such an adjustment. Meanwhile run a scan on your engine to get.The fault codes. Also how is the noise of your engine, your exhaust could be blocked or the timing belt adjustment has kept your valves open thereby reducing your cylinder compression.
Re: Car Can't Climb Hill, Engine Power Is Low.......pls Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:59am On Oct 06, 2015
ruke84:
My little question, why did the mechanic decide to readjust your timing. Did he design the engine or does the manufacturer tell you to do such an adjustment. Meanwhile run a scan on your engine to get.The fault codes. Also how is the noise of your engine, your exhaust could be blocked or the timing belt adjustment has kept your valves open thereby reducing your cylinder compressio n.

We have a winner grin

Leo083 read the bolded
Re: Car Can't Climb Hill, Engine Power Is Low.......pls Help by leo083: 7:58pm On Oct 06, 2015
ruke84:
My little question, why did the mechanic decide to readjust your timing. Did he design the engine or does the manufacturer tell you to do such an adjustment. Meanwhile run a scan on your engine to get.The fault codes. Also how is the noise of your engine, your exhaust could be blocked or the timing belt adjustment has kept your valves open thereby reducing your cylinder compressio n.
Thanks guys.. When I changed the top gasket , the mecho started the car and she started, but didn't run "slow" he drove the car around may be it'll auto adjust itself but it didn't. He had to use a diagnosis kit. Which brought p0011 "A" camshaft position - Timing over-Advanced or system performance. That was when he adjusted the timing belt and the car could do "slow". But ever since then I have been having the challenge of not enough capacity to climb hil and the engine capacity seems low.. This is my 4th year of using the car and it's been doing good up until now. Pls urgent help needed... I don't even know what p0011 means. Thanks
Re: Car Can't Climb Hill, Engine Power Is Low.......pls Help by leo083: 7:59pm On Oct 06, 2015
Thanks guys.. When I changed the top gasket , the mecho started the car and she started, but didn't run "slow" he drove the car around may be it'll auto adjust itself but it didn't. He had to use a diagnosis kit. Which brought p0011 "A" camshaft position - Timing over-Advanced or system performance. That was when he adjusted the timing belt and the car could do "slow". But ever since then I have been having the challenge of not enough capacity to climb hil and the engine capacity seems low.. This is my 4th year of using the car and it's been doing good up until now. Pls urgent help needed... I don't even know what p0011 means. Thanks
Re: Car Can't Climb Hill, Engine Power Is Low.......pls Help by ruke84(m): 8:25pm On Oct 06, 2015
Causes of P0011,

A P0011 DTC trouble code may be caused by one or more of the following: Incorrect camshaft timing Wiring problems (harness/wiring) in intake timing control valve control solenoid system Continuous oil flow to VCT piston chamber Failed timing valve control solenoid (stuck open)

Read more at: http://www.obd-codes.com/p0011
Copyright OBD-Codes.com.

So I think you should get your mechanic check you timing and properly set it well. Then let him inspect your vvt.
Re: Car Can't Climb Hill, Engine Power Is Low.......pls Help by aAK1(m): 9:20pm On Oct 06, 2015
Change your mechanic
Re: Car Can't Climb Hill, Engine Power Is Low.......pls Help by FelixGodwin: 11:49pm On Oct 06, 2015
HELLO FELLOW 
I've gots something for all ,,, Thank me letter !! 
Do you know you can buy any Nigerian used car with 6 months guarantee and well inspected with a good mechanic b4 purchase ? Yes for real !!!!  So you have nothing to fear anymore buying a Nigerian used car .. For detail click on the link below 

https://www.nairaland.com/2507950/click-here-buy-nigerian-use

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's not all palls !! Check this out !!! Biggest cars for biggest Boss @ a very affordable price with also 6 months guarantee WOW YOU SAY !!!!! Yeah we are just getting started 

Click the link for more !!! 

https://www.nairaland.com/2473399/biggest-cars-biggest-boss

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you a Toyota Camry 2007 to 2010 lover ? This is for you !!!! 
Do you can also buy one from us at a cool price and also with 6 months guarantee ,,
YES FOR REAL !!!! 

https://www.nairaland.com/2486670/promo-tok-9ja-used-toyota 

If this is what you are looking for try this !!!
Re: Car Can't Climb Hill, Engine Power Is Low.......pls Help by nissparts(m): 12:43am On Oct 07, 2015
Incorrect timing

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons You Should Not Overspeed / Where To Get Toyota Recommended Coolant / Toyota Camry 2007-2012, Android 7.1 Car DVD Player (4G LTE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.