Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,781 members, 7,955,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:38 PM

Facebook To Launch Internet In Space For Africans In 2016 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Facebook To Launch Internet In Space For Africans In 2016 (682 Views)

Facebook To Add Dating Service - Mark Zuckerberg / What Nigerians Searched For On Google In 2016 / Facebook To Introduce “profile Videos” As Alternative To “profile Pictures” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook To Launch Internet In Space For Africans In 2016 by illuminatic: 5:57am On Oct 06, 2015
Facebook C.E.O Mark Zuckerberg In its official Facebook profile has announced the first project to deliver internet from space. As part of their Internet.org efforts to connect the world, are now partnering with Eutelsat to launch a satellite into orbit that will connect millions of people.
He said Over the last year Facebook has been exploring ways to use aircraft and satellites to beam internet access down into communities from the sky. To connect people living in remote regions, traditional connectivity infrastructure is often difficult and inefficient, so they need to invent new technologies.
As part of their collaboration with Eutelsat, a new satellite called AMOS-6 is going to provide internet coverage to large parts of Sub-Saharan Africa. The AMOS-6 satellite is under construction now and will launch in 2016 into a geostationary orbit that will cover large parts of West, East and Southern Africa. They are going to work with local partners across these regions to help communities begin accessing internet services provided through satellite.
He elaborated that this is just one of the innovations they are working on to achieve their mission with Internet.org. “ Connectivity changes lives and communities. We’re going to keep working to connect the entire world -- even if that means looking beyond our planet.” He said.

https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10102407675865061

Re: Facebook To Launch Internet In Space For Africans In 2016 by loomer: 6:36am On Oct 06, 2015
Bad market for some service providers
Re: Facebook To Launch Internet In Space For Africans In 2016 by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 06, 2015
I love this! Since there is no more hope of $1=N1 , make we enjoy 1GB to N1 abeg.

1 Like

Re: Facebook To Launch Internet In Space For Africans In 2016 by illuminatic: 10:03am On Oct 06, 2015
jcmaiah:
I love this! Since there is no more hope of $1=N1 , make we enjoy 1GB to N1 abeg.
Na flexing things o and the internet go fast die
Re: Facebook To Launch Internet In Space For Africans In 2016 by illuminatic: 7:45pm On Oct 06, 2015
hhh

(1) (Reply)

I Will Give You Nairaland Clone With 600 Members For This / Who Can Help Me Verify A USA Adsence Account / Php Mybb Users And Wapmaster I Need Your Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.