Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

EFCC Traces N200M To Prisons Accountant Who Is On 120K Monthly Salary - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Traces N200M To Prisons Accountant Who Is On 120K Monthly Salary (13660 Views)

Jealous Lover Traces Cheating Girlfriend To Hotel, Damages Property / Skye Bank Manager Who Stole N200m, Gets N100k Fine / How I Led My Gang To Hijack Bullion Van With N200m – Kidnapper Evans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Traces N200M To Prisons Accountant Who Is On 120K Monthly Salary by modath(f): 9:56am On Oct 06, 2015
DedeNkem:
So her only crime was that she used the account of the place she works to do private business, not that she stole her workplace's money? If so, then it's not an embessblement crime.

Why can't EFCC check accounts of all politician? Why is this useless agency not arresting politicians?

She has no private business & has never had in her whole life....

She was in charge of disbursing funds to prison contractors for the welfare of prisoners & decided with some other ogas to manage the welfare of their pockets instead...

Ask yourself why she had to use Prisons accounts, she can't open one in her name..

G
Re: EFCC Traces N200M To Prisons Accountant Who Is On 120K Monthly Salary by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 06, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
suspect remits N60m to Abuja church  .3 exotic cars seized

BY SONI DANIEL, Regional Editor, North
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has arrested the head of Capital Accounts at the Nigerian Prisons Service, NPS, Abuja, for alleged corruption, money laundering and abuse of public office.
Imaobong Akon Esu-Nte, a level 14 officer, who is on secondment to the NPS from the Federal Ministry of Finance, was picked up by the operatives of the EFCC, Tuesday, [/b]and grilled for several hours over the huge amount of money found in companies’ accounts all traced to her.

Operatives of the agency reportedly swooped on Esu-Nte following intelligence reports that she had been using her office to transact business as a private contractor in violation of extant public service regulation, which forbids civil servants from doing so.

Investigators said that the lifestyle of the suspect, who is on a monthly salary of [b]N121, 460
was at variance with the level of opulence being displayed by her.

Apart from tracing the sum of N200 million to companies owned by her and her children, the EFCC said the woman had also been remitting money amounting to N60 million into the account of an Abuja-based Pentecostal church.

She is also said to be in possession of several exotic cars and property in various parts of Abuja.

The commission said that among the property were a palatial mansion, a duplex with two-bedroom Boys Quarters at Sun City Estate, Abuja and another duplex at Karu Extension,

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/05/efcc-traces-n200m-prisons-accountant/

lalasticlala, Seun.

OLD NEWS - HAPPENED ON MAY 8, 2014

1 Like

Re: EFCC Traces N200M To Prisons Accountant Who Is On 120K Monthly Salary by orlandotch: 10:01am On Oct 06, 2015
Old News
Re: EFCC Traces N200M To Prisons Accountant Who Is On 120K Monthly Salary by afonjay: 10:03am On Oct 06, 2015
What ll be if a woman become d presidet. Of nigeria Cos a little opportunity ws given to women such as iweala obuah diezani otteh. Etc. U can imagine prison officer . She can be sent to her home which is prison yard. I ll prefer. Send her to kotonkarufi prison yard whic is very close to river niger!!!!!!
Re: EFCC Traces N200M To Prisons Accountant Who Is On 120K Monthly Salary by DzTzl(f): 10:09am On Oct 06, 2015
LordMecuzy:
EFCC so active all of a sudden!!!

Can someone tell me Why?
sm1's body language at work wink
Re: EFCC Traces N200M To Prisons Accountant Who Is On 120K Monthly Salary by persius555(m): 10:12am On Oct 06, 2015
The civil servics under the last administration was a free for all looting spree. And to think some fools on nairaland prayed for this system of governance to remain, its so sad.
Re: EFCC Traces N200M To Prisons Accountant Who Is On 120K Monthly Salary by DedeNkem: 10:14am On Oct 06, 2015
modath:

She has no private business & has never had in her whole life....

She was in charge of disbursing funds to prison contractors for the welfare of prisoners & decided with some other ogas to manage the welfare of their pockets instead...

Ask yourself why she had to use Prisons accounts, she can't open one in her name..

G

Ok, I get it now.
Re: EFCC Traces N200M To Prisons Accountant Who Is On 120K Monthly Salary by 400billionman: 10:44am On Oct 06, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Jonathan and his Gang! Una Well done oooo!!!

So Jonathan sent her to steal. Does Jonathan work with Prisons service. ?

Mouth odour..
Re: EFCC Traces N200M To Prisons Accountant Who Is On 120K Monthly Salary by mizmia: 11:11am On Oct 06, 2015
LordMecuzy:
EFCC so active all of a sudden!!!
Can someone tell me Why?
There is a new sheriff in town
Re: EFCC Traces N200M To Prisons Accountant Who Is On 120K Monthly Salary by mizmia: 11:12am On Oct 06, 2015
saintopus:
I can see that the man even pay his tithes regularly to a tune of N60M. The pastor of the church never bothered asking the man the source of his income.
I can now see that the church and religion are one of the areas where corruption and its practices are growing in an alarming unchecked proportion.
Incidentally, religion will continue to be the problem of the Blackman.
It actually a woman
Re: EFCC Traces N200M To Prisons Accountant Who Is On 120K Monthly Salary by tpiander: 11:44am On Oct 06, 2015
Ko kan mi but she should defend herself if falsely accused.

Assuming the write up itself isnt fake.
Re: EFCC Traces N200M To Prisons Accountant Who Is On 120K Monthly Salary by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 06, 2015
only in nigeria u will hear word like "court arraigned a politician that enbezzelled 12billion naira meant for public utility........he pleaded not guilty and was released on bail of 200thousand naira"....

and i'll continue pledging to nigeria my country...

may God help us all........
Re: EFCC Traces N200M To Prisons Accountant Who Is On 120K Monthly Salary by Rexology: 8:42pm On Oct 06, 2015
DoTheNeedful:
When we talk about corruption,the set of people that come to mind are the political office holders but sadly,there is more corruption in the civil service.
By the way, a level 14 officer in Prisons earn more than 120k
She was SECONDED to NPS from the The Federal Ministry of Finance as the head of capital account.(According to the report )

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EndSARS: Akwa Ibom Govt Imposes Curfew / Imo Police Arrest 18 IPOB, ESN Suspects Over Killing Of DPO, Inspector / Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.