Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

We Have No Reason To Fear As Christians. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Have No Reason To Fear As Christians. (749 Views)

Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings / Why Are We So Vindictive As Christians? / Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have No Reason To Fear As Christians. by nodullin(m): 10:52am On Oct 06, 2015
Give me a reason why I should fear?? When God has said we should be anxious for nothing (Philp.4:6-7). He says why should we be worried? Advising us to take a cue from the beautiful birds in the sky… the lovely clothed flowers.. He himself takes care of them and makes them beautiful.(Mt.6: 26-34)

He also draws a comparison of a mother and her breastfeeding baby… saying even if a woman can forget a baby who she just carried for 9month… which off course is impossible… he himself won’t and can’t forget us. (Isiah 49:15)

God has also compared the son /good father relationship with that which he has for me. He says… can a father give a stone to his son when he has asked for a bread? Or a snake when he has requested for a fish to eat? He says even mere men.. Mortal men.. “wicked men” know how to give good things to their children talk more of “He” who can give even abundantly whatever we have asked for. (Mt 7:9-11).

Our Father uses this examples to show how much he has loves us.. Jesus summarises that what greater love can a man have for his fellow man, than to lay down his life (sacrifice his life) for his fellow man to live (John 15:13). This he lived out by dying for us even while we were sinners/guilty/repulsive/non-cooperative/ etc. (Romans 5:cool.

My fellow christians ; its not that "God loved us"… it is "he loves us"… (present continuous) and like the book of psalms continually reminds us “His love for us is eternal”.

So grab a popcorn, a juice or just any drink and smile … knowing that you have a God that cares.

smiley smiley
Re: We Have No Reason To Fear As Christians. by TrajansKong: 11:26am On Oct 06, 2015
This incorrect doctrine will lead you to the flames eternal. What knowst thou of 'love'?
God commands you to FEAR HIM!

Re: We Have No Reason To Fear As Christians. by An2elect2(f): 11:56am On Oct 06, 2015
True, you shouldn't worry about your needs cos " ...my God shall supply all your need
according to his riches in glory by Christ
Jesus." Phil 4:19. Its a promise God will never fail to keep.

TrajansKong:
This incorrect doctrine will lead you to the flames eternal. What knowst thou of 'love'?

Yes we are to fear, revere our Holy God but not have fear for the future since we have a much more loving Father that will never abandon us. Two different things. How this simple truth/explanation flew over your head, makes one worry for you. There is nothing incorrect about telling Christians to trust in God for all their needs.

1 Like

Re: We Have No Reason To Fear As Christians. by nodullin(m): 12:04pm On Oct 06, 2015
An2elect2:
True, you shouldn't worry about your needs cos " ...my God shall supply all your need
according to his riches in glory by Christ
Jesus." Phil 4:19. Its a promise God will never fail to keep.

Yes we are to fear, revere our Holy God but not have fear for the future since we have a much more loving Father that will never abandon us. Two different things. How this simple truth/explanation flew over your head, makes one worry for you. There is nothing incorrect about telling Christians to trust in God for all their needs.

Spot on... You totally know were i am coming from.

1 Like

Re: We Have No Reason To Fear As Christians. by nodullin(m): 6:29am On Oct 07, 2015
TrajansKong:

I obey God not out of fear of eternal damnation, but out of love... will i want to hurt someone that shows me so much love?? "NO".

if you fear/obey God out of fear of eternal damnation... U still haven't loved God... because perfect love cast out fear... (1 John. 4:18)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is It A Sin For Not Going To Church? / . / The Glorious Vessel: Pastor Wale Adegboyega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.