Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,434 members, 7,836,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

You Will Surely Overcome - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / You Will Surely Overcome (515 Views)

This Picture Will Surely Makes You Question Your Sight. / Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? / Marriage To These Types Of People Will Surely End In Divorce(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Will Surely Overcome by semax(m): 3:54pm On Oct 06, 2015
Life is full of trials. We all go through our fair share of trials. And yet you’ve been such a brave young woman. You’ve passed through what most can’t imagine or contemplate. You’ve experienced things that defy definition, or even explanation. It’s almost as if you’ve lived three lifetimes judging by the quantum of your experiences. And each challenge life has thrown at you, you’ve somehow punched down, even in utter weakness. Who knew you were so strong! One by one you beat the odds. One by one they faded away. Though it must be said that it sometimes felt like the problems went away to recruit more virulent associates. Explains why a subsequent challenge feels tougher than the preceding. But here you are still standing, still believing, still hopeful, full of faith. You’re so, so courageous! That has got to take inner strength, the type you never knew you had, that nobody knew you had. Trials bring us out of us – the real us, the courageous us, the determined us, the strong us, the hidden us. Sometimes life throws things at us, not one item at a time but the entire kitchen sink with its full content. It is at those moments we feel sorry for ourselves, wondering what we’ve done to deserve such punishment and trial. “Why me?” we ask, and life in utter sarcasm returns, “Why not you?”

There are different challenges in life. For some people, it’s a sickness – a disorder, cancer or some other malevolent foe. For others, it’s marital discord. For some others it’s economic, or a family situation. Yet for some, it’s a death. The historic Job went through horrendous trials, and in quick succession – like the rapidity of machine gun fire. He it was who said through it all, “After he (God) has tried me, I shall come forth as gold.” Those are heroic words.

There just comes that time for some when everything seems to be happening at once. Everywhere there seems to be trouble, so much so we begin to anticipate troubles. And some have panic attacks. Life by itself, and without consulting us chooses some of us as endurance test candidates. And endure we must. The trials of life can be so great that we can be tempted to give up. Many give up. But you haven’t and you shouldn’t. After He has tried you, you shall come forth as gold.

We don’t know why some of us experience unimaginable trials. Life being the invigilator refuses to give us answers. It’s why we feel so alone, why life feels so vast and we seem to have no coordinates. We’re alone in this huge field of human experience. And the world doesn’t know what we’re going through. Even if the world knows, what does it matter, or why would it matter. We pass through crucibles alone. Trial is a customized private experience. And so we never really know why WE go through trials – why us in particular and not the other person. All we can ever know is God’s comfort and explanation. All we can ever know is His assurance, his love.

As I think of you, an imagery comes to mind. I see Paul on that ship, shackled, on his way to trial. And then a trial arose on his way to trial. The storms began. We never really see the story that way, but trial can mount upon trial, seeking to engulf us. But Paul said, God sent assurances right in the midst of the storm. May this letter be an assurance to you. Though trials may mount upon trials; and though trials may proceed from trials, yet God will not abandon you. In this world we will have tribulation is the promise of the Holy Script. But we will overcome is the second assurance. When we pass through the flames, God promised we will not be set ablaze. When we pass through floods, He said we will not drown. You will not drown in this sea of trouble. You will not perish. You will not be consumed.

Do not fear. God has not written you off and He won’t write you off. It is not in the character of God to

(1) (Reply)

It Is Biblical For Me To Be Supportive Of My Sibling Getting Married / Orphaned @4 Celebrates Sister Who Sacrifices Her Education For His. / en-year-old boy writes incredibly sweet note as he returns wallet to its owner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.