Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:43 AM

My Friend, My Friend. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Friend, My Friend. (483 Views)

New Story : Arewa My Friend / My Friend Gets Pregnant, I Get Heartbroken 2 / My Friend's Mother And I (A Short Romantic Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Friend, My Friend. by profmba(m): 6:53pm On Oct 06, 2015
My Friend My Friend, If I Be Troubled Thou Knowest Not, If I Be Sick, Thou Bothers Not. Thou Art So Consumed With And In Thy Self, Thou Art Too Blind To See The Need Of Others ‘Other Than Yours, Thou Art So Conceited And Full Of Empty Pride.

Let It Be Told Thee That Thou Art A Piece Of Bread Soaked In Water, Let It Be Made Known That Thou Art An Empty Cymbal, An Egoistic One. Like A Thorn, Thou Bringest Me More Pain Than Pleasure, And Far From An Octet Structure Thou Lacks Stability.

Thou View-Est The World From An Elevated Platform, Thinking Thou Art Superior And We Inferior. Thou Art Too Perfect To Admit Thy Mistakes, Too Right To Be Wrong. Thou Art Too Heartless To Utter The Words ‘Sorry’’ Too Haughty To Say ‘Please’’, Too Busy To Show Up When Needed.

Have I Any Need For A Friend So Engrossed In Himself? Have I Any Need For A Friend Who Cares Not Of Me, Nor My Worries? Have I Any Need For A Friend Who Seldom Is Available When Needed? What Dost Thou Take Me For, A Loner Void Of Love And Friendship If Thou Be Gone? A Fool Dependent On You For Happiness? Thou Art Indeed Foolish, Very Foolish.

Thou Lackest Knowledge Of Who I Am, Thou Knowest Me Not, Cos If Thou Did, Thou Wouldn’t Be This Foolish. I Tire Of Waiting, Anticipating Thy Recovery Of Sanity. I Tire Of Being Patient I Tire Of The Lack Thereof Of True Friendship, And So My Mind Makest A Decision.

Thou Art Not Indispensable, Thou Art Replaceable I Will Make Thee And The Memory Of Thee Thereof Into A Shadow, I Will Deny Thee The Privilege Of Being In My Past As I Will Erase Thee Completely As Though Thou Never Existed.

I Will Make Known To Thee Untold Hardship, But Before I Harm Thee, I Will Humble Thee. And When Thou Hast Suffered All These Things, When Thou Art Humbled And Realise Thy Mistakes, When Thou Art Sober And Discover My Relevance, When Thou Like The Prodigal Son Cometh To Thy Senses And Thus Wish To Return, I Will Take Thee Back In With Open Arms.

I Will Show Thee Exceeding Love And It’s Like Thereof. That I Will Do With No Intention Of Spiting Thee, That I Will Do To Prove To Thee That I Am A Better Friend Than Thou Art.

©Copyright2014. Prof’s Diary.

(1) (Reply)

The Fuel Of Life / Writing Early Is The Key. / The 2016 Read Across Nigeria Project; A Goodwill Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.