Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

To All Those Who Believe Jesus Was God - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / To All Those Who Believe Jesus Was God (542 Views)

But They Who Believe And Do Righteous Deeds. / Muslims Who Believe Dr. Zakir Naik Are Doomed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To All Those Who Believe Jesus Was God by Jamie1360(m): 10:30pm On Oct 06, 2015
its been long that i've posted something in this section, so I was reading the Bible today, when something came up my mind, and I'll like someone intelligent to answer me,
I was thinking if truly Jesus was God, the period of time the bible said he died, who was in charge of the universe please no abuse

;cc

:lalasticlala
Re: To All Those Who Believe Jesus Was God by Proffdada: 3:15am On Oct 07, 2015
God not a physical being that is limited to time and space
He's omnipotent and omnipresent

1 Like

Re: To All Those Who Believe Jesus Was God by alexis(m): 9:10am On Oct 08, 2015
Jamie1360:
its been long that i've posted something in this section, so I was reading the Bible today, when something came up my mind, and I'll like someone intelligent to answer me,
I was thinking if truly Jesus was God, the period of time the bible said he died, who was in charge of the universe please no abuse

;cc

:lalasticlala

You probably have heard and read in Christianity that God is three-in-one: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (see Matthew 28:18-20). The three parts are separate personalities. And yet together, they form one being: God. Let me give you an example, perhaps it will make sense:

There is only ONE government in Nigeria. The government is composed of the executive, a legislature and a judiciary. Each of these branches have their own role but they make up and are part of ONE government in Nigeria. This is not a perfect example since we are trying to understand and describe Almighty God (In Christianity).

To your question: Who was in charge of the universe when Jesus died?. I will address your question:

1. Jesus Christ is divine and God, He took on a human form to relate to men. He died a natural death but that doesn't mean He lost His divinity. 1 Peter 3:18 puts it this way - being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit. So, it can easily be deduced that his separation from His body didn't impede Him from running the universe
2. Let's assumed Jesus died both in the flesh and spirit and for the time He was dead, He could do nothing. His Father ran the universe - that is no so hard since the Triune God concept in Christianity teaches that

I hope I have addressed your question

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Proper Way Of Celebrating The New Hijri Year / How A Murderer Gained Liberty From Death Sentence For Fulfilling Promise / Touching Picture Of Abandoned Almajiris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.