Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,066 members, 7,821,667 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

How A Murderer Gained Liberty From Death Sentence For Fulfilling Promise - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How A Murderer Gained Liberty From Death Sentence For Fulfilling Promise (541 Views)

Why Parents Should Keep Their Promise To Their Children / Did The Holy Quran Ever Promise 72 Virgins & Boys To Muslim Men In Paradise? / I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How A Murderer Gained Liberty From Death Sentence For Fulfilling Promise by Nairadean(m): 1:39pm On Mar 06, 2016
During the regime of Umar bn Alkhattaab, three men came to him holding a young man and they said; O the leader of the believers, we need you to claim our right from this man because he has killed our father.

Umar bn Alkhattaab said to the young man; why did you kill him?

The man said; I am a herdsman.. One of my donkeys ate from tree in their father's farm and he stoned it to death so I picked the same stone and stoned him and he died.

Umar bn Alkhattaab said; then I will do justice on you. The man said; spare me three days because my father just passed away and left a bag of money for me and my younger brother so if you kill me, the inheritance will be wasted and my younger brother would live miserably after me.

Then Umar bn Alkhattaab said; who will stand for you? Then the man looked at the faces of the audience and said; This man.

Then Umar bn Alkhattaab said; O Abu Dharr, would you stand for this man? Then Abu Dharr said; Yes, O leader of the believer.

Then Umar said; you don't know him and if he runs away (refuses to come back), I will punish you instead. Then Abu Dharr said; I will stand for him and the man left.

The first day passed by, same with the second day and on the third day, people started asking of him from Abu Dharr so for justice not to be passed on him instead.

When it was few minutes after salat, the man came panting and he has indeed been stressed out and stood before the leader of the believer; Umar bn Alkhattaab.

The man said; I have handled both the inheritance and my brother to his uncles so I am here for justice.

Umar was astonished and said; What brought you back when you had the chance to run??

Then man the said; "I was scared of people saying fulfillment of Promise has gone away from human beings."

Then Umar asked Abu Dharr why he stood for him? Then Abu Dharr said; "I was afraid of people saying Good Deeds has gone away from humans."

The sons of the deceased were touched with these words and said; we have pardoned him. Then Umar said; why? They said; "We are scared of people saying Pardon has gone away from human beings."

"Nobody possesses a pure heart than a pure person and a pure story is a beautiful thing one leaves in the hearts of others."

May God Almighty make Good Deeds easy for us.

https://ibadanelite./2016/03/06/how-a-murderer-gained-liberty-from-death-sentence-for-fulfilling-promise/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How A Murderer Gained Liberty From Death Sentence For Fulfilling Promise by espn(m): 1:54pm On Mar 06, 2016
If we can all live like this..the world would be a better place!

2 Likes

Re: How A Murderer Gained Liberty From Death Sentence For Fulfilling Promise by Skako(m): 9:51pm On Mar 07, 2016
good good good

(1) (Reply)

Sultan Announces Eid El-kabir day / / Muharram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.