Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:27 AM

My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA (27830 Views)

Zenith Bank Mastercard Monthly Fee Scam / Skye Bank, First Bank Take Over Evans Medical Assets / How Can I Receive OTP Via My Phone With Access Bank Mastercard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by ga040: 10:43pm On Oct 06, 2015
My First Bank Mastercard Was Compromised In The United States of America [RESOLVED]

I reside in Lagos Nigeria, I came to United States for Holiday.

My ATM Master Card with 1st Bank [ FIRSTCASH ] number valid thru 12/17 was compromised in NEW YORK and while i was in ATLANTA GEORGIA ,on Tuesday 05/05/20015 which i received an ALERT that i made use of my MASTER CARD which i did not and I made a complain regarding this issue so that my Master Card should be BLOCKED.

The TOTAL money that was remove from my MASTER CARD was #421,341.9 [$2,000 plus] with reference /
MAY-2015 14:02:20 [ 9AM Atlanta time ] By FBN/BEST BUY 00010280/ NEW YORK/NY/U. BAL NGN 153,285.61CR

My Master Card was debited Twice ... I called BEST BUY company about this incident that my MASTER CARD has been COMPROMISED and i was told to contact my Financial Institution.I came back to Nigeria on June 2015 and whereby i have contacted my 1st Bank branch and i was told that the Merchant company decline from refunding money that was compromised from my Account through my ATM card and I was told in my branch that [ 1st Bank ]will not do anything to the money stolen.

Please house i need your help on how to go about to recovery of my stolen money, from 1ST Bank of Nigeria.
Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by eleko1: 10:48pm On Oct 06, 2015
U shud have immediately mail/report the issue to First contact.So sad to ead dis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by igbsam(m): 10:50pm On Oct 06, 2015
This is serious. We need this on the frontpage. I know someone who has experienced this before. Maybe enlightened minds can help op out.

cc: lalasticlacla
Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by ga040: 10:56pm On Oct 06, 2015
i called and i mailed whereby i was given d chargeback form which i filled and return back to 1st Contact
eleko1:
U shud have immediately mail/report the issue to First contact.So sad to ead dis
Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by moneybag100: 12:12am On Oct 07, 2015
First bank should be liable for this stolen fund....if it was a USA bank that issued the card, I know your charge back would have gone smoothly. Everything with Nigeria is headache. If the merchant didn't want to release easily, first bank can file a case against it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 07, 2015
BRO since first bank wants it the hard way, then u do it the hard way, report the matter to the authorities, to the army or navy barack, then let 5 TO 10 army officers follow you to the bank manager and see if your money wont be returned.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by FirstCounsel(m): 4:31pm On Oct 07, 2015
Put up a petition via an attorney & copy the CBN. That way u would put 1stbank under pressure

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by MurderX: 5:54pm On Oct 07, 2015
Front page pls
Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by ga040: 9:19am On Oct 11, 2015
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND ADVICE, MY MONEY HAVE BEEN REFUND BACK TO MY ACCOUNT, I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENTS ... GOD BLESS US ALL IJN AMEN.

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by moneybag100: 1:04pm On Oct 11, 2015
ga040:

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND ADVICE, MY MONEY HAVE BEEN REFUND BACK TO MY ACCOUNT, I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENTS ... GOD BLESS US ALL IJN AMEN.
Good news, how long does it takes? What procedure did you follow.

1 Like

Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by moneybag100: 1:05pm On Oct 11, 2015
ga040:

Good news, how long does it takes and what procedure did you follow?
Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by FirstCounsel(m): 9:40am On Oct 14, 2015
fantazia:
BRO since first bank wants it the hard way, then u do it the hard way, report the matter to the authorities, to the army or navy barack, then let 5 TO 10 army officers follow you to the bank manager and see if your money wont be returned.
It doesn't work that way bro. Military officers have no role to play here and can get into serious trouble with the military high command if found to have dabbled in to purely non military issues. I advise the op to get legal advice. Simple

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by Atmmachine(m): 4:34pm On Oct 22, 2015
When i hear people say that Nigeria is the most corrupt country on earth, I just laugh at them.

USA is the home of theives and scammers.
They don't need to see your debit card or credit card to hack them.
If you make a purchase in any mall or shop and use your debit card to pay, there's what is called a skimmer that records every information on your card.
The hacker will use it on Best buy or Walmart (The easiest shop to scam). They will make a purchase online, they will immediately change the home delivery option to pick up because if the address on the card don't match the shipping address they will not send your item. They will go to Best buy or Walmart and pick up the item they purchased online.
There's a chip in every card that every phone detects automatically that's what apple wallet is, you just show your iPhone to the POS machine and it will detect your card.

I have seen professional scammers here in the USA.
From Tax refund scam to using someone social security card.
Once a person dies, the hackers will hack into the system, collect his/her social security number and sell it to illegal immigrants.

If your card was issued by any USA bank, they will give you back your money even if it is $60, 000

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by englishmart(m): 4:35pm On Oct 22, 2015
what do you intend doing now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by okooloyun1(m): 4:35pm On Oct 22, 2015
Someone should please help
Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by NaijaFutbol: 4:35pm On Oct 22, 2015
more or
Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by itsIYKE(m): 4:36pm On Oct 22, 2015
@op where do we come in in this your dilemma now?
Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by IlekeHD: 4:37pm On Oct 22, 2015
The gbagaun on this thread na wa

5 Likes

Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by gurunlocker: 4:37pm On Oct 22, 2015
dem don use ur. card do auction

3 Likes

Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by EmagNig(m): 4:37pm On Oct 22, 2015
That is not new.. And you are not the first person to be hacked..

CHECK MY SIGNATURE IF YOU WANT LAFF TIRE TODAY

1 Like

Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by aieromon(m): 4:38pm On Oct 22, 2015
fantazia:

Not a good advice. A legal process is the best option.

1 Like

Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by Caracta(f): 4:38pm On Oct 22, 2015
OP, come back here and tell us how the case was resolved.

And what do you mean by hacked in the US? Did you in any way compromise your bank info?

Glad you have your money back. Where is our share?

1 Like

Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by bmxshop: 4:39pm On Oct 22, 2015
Your Bank need as much information from you as possible to help you.

Lets look at this, did you shop at Best Buy? When last did you shop at New York, Did u make a purchase over the phone, did you use a Compromised system, what sort of Authorization did best Buy get? C.V.V or PIN or Signature. You can Email me via NL and I will get back with help. It happened to me in Amsterdam but mine was a case of system fault. I was charged thrice for an item I bought over 3 consecutive days.

Dealing with chargeback is a pain in the Ass actually. No Merchant wants to be forced to return funds, and in the case of Nigeria- well u know our reputation.
Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by Laredojohn(m): 4:41pm On Oct 22, 2015
ga040:
My First Bank Mastercard Was Compromised In The United States of America

My is AKINOLA GBENGA ,I reside in Lagos Nigeria, I came to United States for Holiday.

OP SOMETHING SIMILAR HAPPENED TO MY SIS , ITS ANOTHER BANK THOUGH, BUT SHE GOT DEBIT ALERTS FOR TRANSACTIONS IN THE US WHILE SHE WAS IN NIGERIA,THOUGH SHE WAS OUSIDE THE COUNTRY ABOUT TWO ON THS BEFORE BUT NOT US IT WAS UK , POS TRANSACTIONS TOO, WHAT ACTUALLY7 HAPPENED IS YOUR CARD WAS CLONED , THE IT DEPT OF THE BANK MADE A VISA CARD FOR YOUR SAME MATER CARD TIED TO YOUR SAME ACCOUNT NO , WRITE A MAIL TO FIRST BANK HEAD OFFICE AND ALSO MAKE THEM KNOW U WILL BE REPORTING THIS CASE TO EFCC, SPECIAL FRAUDS UNIT OF THE NIGERIAN POLICE , CBN ,THE FAULT IS FROM THEIR IT PEOPLE WHO HAVE GAINED ACCESS TO YOUR CARD DETAILS AND THEY GIVE IT OUT TO ACCOMPLICES OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY WHO USE IT FOR THOSE ACTS , MY SIS OWN WAS ABOUT CLOSE TO 2M AND THE BANK REFUNDED THE MONEY WITHIN THREE MONTHS

2 Likes

Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by Laredojohn(m): 4:43pm On Oct 22, 2015
Caracta:
OP, come back here and tell us how the case was resolved.

And what do you mean by hacked in the US? Did you in any way compromise your bank info?

Glad you have your money back. Where is our share?
ITS DONE BY IT PEOPLE IN THE BANKS, THEY HACK INTO CUSTOMERS CARD DETAILS, AND SEND TO THEIR CO FRAUDSTERS OUTSIDE NIGERIA WHO USE IT FOR PURCHASES IN STORES AND ONLINE WITH A CLONED CARD

1 Like

Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by GodMode: 4:43pm On Oct 22, 2015
ga040 you see why BVN is a bad idea...

1 Like

Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by engrjosefz(m): 4:45pm On Oct 22, 2015
ok
Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by MsNas(f): 4:45pm On Oct 22, 2015
Normally, the financial institution (either credit or debit) are the ones who are supposed to take control of the situation and rectify the issue.

That being said. It happens like that. It could be different scenarios.

1. You used the card online and you mistakenly hit "Pay" twice at checkout. This has happened to me before. I was trying to buy an airline ticket and my wifi went off immediately I pressed send. Since it didn't go through, I retried it. It was days later that I was checking my credit card bill, when I noticed. I called my credit card company and they told me to call American Airlines. When I did, they told me it was pending at their end, but if the transaction goes through, they will refund me. I was eventually refunded after like 2 days.

2. You used your debit card in-store at best-buy and one fraudulent employee ran your card twice so he/she can pocket the rest. I've heard cases of that happening at Walmart and restaurants. This one is harder to solve and you might not get your money. I used my card to buy gas one day, and after I got the alert for the gas I bought, few minutes later, I got another alert. That was after I had left the gas station. I called my credit card company again, and they said they will open a dispute with the merchant. They did, but the merchant (Chevron) refused to respond on time. The CC providers just removed the charges from my bill. I don't know how they did it

That being said, I always advocate for people to either pay with a credit card or cash. Disputes concerning debit cards are a pain and most times never solved. The US is also notorious for those kinds of card frauds. This is no news.

If your card was issued with a US bank, it would have even been better. Nigerian banks are notorious for frustrating people when it comes to crediting money they overcharged you for. Goodluck dealing with the CSRs at Nigerian banks.

4 Likes

Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by onosprince(m): 4:45pm On Oct 22, 2015
Re: My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 22, 2015
cyber crimes can be a menace in this part of the world if not properly checked.

Need something on Jumia?
Contact me now!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Online Businesses With Low Startup Capital That Will Make You Rich In 2018 / I Received Account Number From GTB And I Was Asked To Activate It. / Visa Virtual Card | Fund In Naira | Pay Online Securely |

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.