Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,536 members, 7,837,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

~All Lovers Of Tolotolo . . . Hop In Here~ - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / ~All Lovers Of Tolotolo . . . Hop In Here~ (1856 Views)

Lovers Of Bread And Tea / .:. Ginger Tea Lovers,hop In .:. / Stew Lovers Hop In Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

~All Lovers Of Tolotolo . . . Hop In Here~ by Winnergal(f): 9:20pm On Apr 22, 2009
Are you a tolotolo lover . . . ? You're in the right thread then . . .

I love tolotolo sandwich
I love tolotolo stew
I love tolotolo soup
I love everything and anything with tolotolo . . .

If you have any tolotolo recipes feel free to post them . . .
Re: ~All Lovers Of Tolotolo . . . Hop In Here~ by mohawkchic(f): 11:01pm On Apr 22, 2009
~Whats' Tolotolo
Re: ~All Lovers Of Tolotolo . . . Hop In Here~ by ikamefa(f): 11:04pm On Apr 22, 2009
mohawkchic:

~Whats' Tolotolo 

turkey na!  grin grin grin grin

@ topic i've just finished eating some veggies and smoked turkey!

na tolotolo dem go take carry me last! last! grin grin grin grin
Re: ~All Lovers Of Tolotolo . . . Hop In Here~ by Moyola(f): 11:07pm On Apr 22, 2009
Yeah, smoked tolontolo. . . 9z!
Re: ~All Lovers Of Tolotolo . . . Hop In Here~ by mohawkchic(f): 11:26pm On Apr 22, 2009
ikamefa:

turkey na!  grin grin grin grin

~Lol,You Dont Say! Ta. Ikamefa . . . So thats what you call it . .I Was Clueless . . .

~Not Particularly Keen on Turkey . . .I cant seem to get my head round eating Turkey like i would chicken,i can only eat it in thin slices . . weird that!

~I  like the Bernard Matthews pre-packed slices of Turkey for Sandwhiches/Salads . . . I Like Smoked/BBQ grilled Turkey too!

~Turkey Ham Carbonara
~Turkey Pasta W/ Tomato/Cream Sauce
~Turkey Ham Salad W/ Mash Potatoes
~Turkey Avocado Wrap
Re: ~All Lovers Of Tolotolo . . . Hop In Here~ by mohawkchic(f): 12:17am On Apr 23, 2009

Turkey Avocado Tortilla Wrap

Ingredients

• 350g/12oz turkey breast steaks
• 1tsp chilli powder
• 1tsp ground cumin
• 2tbsp sunflower oil
• 8tbsp mayonnaise
• 2tsp wholegrain mustard
• 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
• Juice of 1 lime
• 1/4 cucumber, sliced
• 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
• 8 soft flour tortillas, warmed

Method

Cut the meat into strips or small pieces and toss with the chilli powder and cumin until coated. Heat the oil in a frying pan and stir-fry the turkey over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until cooked.

Wrap the tortillas in foil and place in a 180C/350F/Gas 4 oven for 10 minutes or warm in the microwave for 45 seconds on full power.

In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and mustard together. Toss the avocado with the lime juice.

Put the avocado, sliced cucumber, halved tomatoes and hot turkey on a serving platter or in separate bowls and the warmed tortillas on a board.

Top the tortillas with selection of ingredients, spoon over the mustard mayonnaise and roll up the tortillas!

Green Pesto Turkey  Salad With Pine Nuts & Iceberg

Shopping List

• 150ml mayonnaise
• 3 tbsp ready made green pesto
• 2 tsp fresh chives, chopped
• 2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
• 4 spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
• 15g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
• 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
• 2 tbsp cold water
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 350g cooked turkey breast, roughly chopped
• 100g roasted red peppers from a jar, sliced
• 1 small iceberg lettuce, roughly chopped
• 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
• 25g pine nuts, toasted
• French bread and lemon or lime to serve

Preparation and Cooking Method

Place the mayonnaise in a jug with the pesto, chives, parsley, spring onions and half the Parmesan cheese. Whisk in the vinegar and water to make a loose dressing and season to taste.

Toss together the chopped turkey, peppers, lettuce, tomatoes and pine nuts in a serving bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.

To serve, pile onto plates and serve with crusty French bread and a squeeze of lemon or lime juice

Turkey ham Cabonara[/b]H
Shopping List

• Turkey Ham, stir fry strips
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 100g/4oz baby button mushrooms, wiped and halved
• 100g/4oz back bacon, cut into strips
• 350g/12oz tri-coloured pasta
• 150ml/¼ pint single cream or fromage frais
• 300ml/½ pint Low-fat natural yogurt
• Salt and Freshly ground pepper
• Optional: Grated Parmesan cheese, basil leaves to garnish

[b]Preparation and Cooking Method

1. Cook pasta in plenty of lightly salted boiling water for 5-8 minutes or according to packet directions, drain, return to pan and reserve until required.

2. Gently sauté the bacon in a pan until the fat begins to run, stir frequently, add oil if using and sauté the onion and garlic for 3 minutes

3. Add turkey and continue to sauté for 5 minutes or until sealed. Cook for 3 minutes, add mushrooms and cook for a further 3-5 minutes or until the turkey is completely cooked.

4. Add the turkey mixture to the pasta, season to taste then stir in the cream or fromage frais and grated Parmesan and heat through for 3 minutes.

5. Stir in the yogurt, mix lightly together, heat for a further 2 minutes then serve with extra Parmesan cheese and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.

Turkey Stuffed Tomato I prefer W/ Striped Chicken . .but for the turkey lovers,something worth trying. . .

When scooping out the tomato seeds, take care not to pierce the skins or the tomatoes will split in the oven. Leave the hollowed out shells upside down to allow any remaining liquid to drain out before filling them with the turkey mince

Ingredients

• 350g/12oz British Turkey mince
• 4 large firm beef tomatoes
• Salt and black pepper
• 1tbsp olive oil
• 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
• 50g /2oz mushrooms, finely chopped
• 2t bsp red pesto
• 150ml/1/4pt chicken stock

Method

Cut the tops off the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds and pulp. Push the pulp and tomato liquid through a sieve into a bowl and reserve, discarding the seeds.

Season the insides of the tomato shells and leave upside down on a plate to drain.

Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion until soft. Add the mince, increase the heat slightly and fry the mince until it starts to brown. Lower the heat again and add the mushrooms, red pesto, stock and reserved tomato pulp and liquid.

Stir well, cover the pan and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the lid and simmer for a further 5 minutes so the liquid reduces and the mixture is quite thick. Leave to cool, then pack into the tomato shells and replace the lids.

Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Stand the tomatoes in a shallow ovenproof dish and bake them uncovered for 20-25 minutes. Serve on their own as a lunch or supper dish or with vegetables and new potatoes for a more substantial meal.

Tip: the tomatoes should be ripe but not too soft or they will collapse in the oven. The cooking time will depend on the firmness and size of the tomatoes.

Re: ~All Lovers Of Tolotolo . . . Hop In Here~ by Winnergal(f): 12:23am On Apr 23, 2009
Those turkey dishes look so yummy . . .

I feel like eating right now . . . LOL ,
Re: ~All Lovers Of Tolotolo . . . Hop In Here~ by mohawkchic(f): 12:32am On Apr 23, 2009
~Me & You Both Girl . . grin

Re: ~All Lovers Of Tolotolo . . . Hop In Here~ by evergreen6: 12:37am On Apr 23, 2009
Can you pls stop posting those food pix . . . .  cry cry cry cheesy
Re: ~All Lovers Of Tolotolo . . . Hop In Here~ by mohawkchic(f): 12:45am On Apr 23, 2009
~Lol . .okies . .no more tongue
Re: ~All Lovers Of Tolotolo . . . Hop In Here~ by Hauwa1: 2:06am On Apr 23, 2009
smoked turkey stew is sooooooooooooooooooooooo delicious. make sure it is smoked for that bushmeat flavor cheesy

nice in egusi too cheesy

went to Universal and i had this huge turkey leg lol, oh man! that was one huge leg for one person to eat grin
Re: ~All Lovers Of Tolotolo . . . Hop In Here~ by dominique(f): 5:38pm On Apr 23, 2009
ever_green:

Can you pls stop posting those food pix . . . .  cry cry cry cheesy

i'm sooooo with you on that!!! now i'm getting hungry cheesy cheesy. too bad i dont like turkey cool.
Re: ~All Lovers Of Tolotolo . . . Hop In Here~ by mohawkchic(f): 6:28pm On Apr 23, 2009
~ cheesy ~ Hungry Belleh's~
Re: ~All Lovers Of Tolotolo . . . Hop In Here~ by Epi: 7:55pm On Apr 23, 2009
Lady Mohawk:

Why are you doing this to me. You killing me softly with your delicious recipes. . .now I am hungry tongue tongue
Re: ~All Lovers Of Tolotolo . . . Hop In Here~ by TOYOSI20(f): 1:39am On Apr 24, 2009
I love turkey kiss kiss kiss. . . . . . . .cant stand it smoked though!! embarassed embarassed
Re: ~All Lovers Of Tolotolo . . . Hop In Here~ by Nobody: 3:01am On Apr 24, 2009
I hate turkey, the thing be tasting somehow.

Yuch, esp as a sandwich. . . .ew ew ewwww
Re: ~All Lovers Of Tolotolo . . . Hop In Here~ by tope2000(f): 3:02am On Apr 24, 2009
Cant stand turkey because no matter how much u try to season it, its still tasteless somehow undecided
Re: ~All Lovers Of Tolotolo . . . Hop In Here~ by OgidiBoy(m): 3:04am On Apr 24, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

I hate turkey, the thing be tasting somehow.

Yuch, esp as a sandwich. . . .ew ew ewwww

Have you had the smoked or fried turkey those are good.
Re: ~All Lovers Of Tolotolo . . . Hop In Here~ by Nobody: 3:07am On Apr 24, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Have you had the smoked or fried turkey those are good.
They've tried to feed me turkey in different styles. Fried, baked, cooked, sliced, etc.

I still don't like it. What made me hate thanksgiving was the turkey we used to cook. Me, I just like decorating it.
Re: ~All Lovers Of Tolotolo . . . Hop In Here~ by OgidiBoy(m): 3:12am On Apr 24, 2009
I see you just don't like the way it was prepared, You've not had my turkey drumstick yet, I have to make some for you sometime I bet you'll like it.
Re: ~All Lovers Of Tolotolo . . . Hop In Here~ by Nobody: 3:22am On Apr 24, 2009
OgidiBoy:

I see you just don't like the way it was prepared, You've not had my turkey drumstick yet, I have to make some for you sometime I bet you'll like it.
Make me fried catfish instead grin grin
Re: ~All Lovers Of Tolotolo . . . Hop In Here~ by OgidiBoy(m): 3:49am On Apr 24, 2009
Sure anytime my princess kiss kiss kiss
Re: ~All Lovers Of Tolotolo . . . Hop In Here~ by AmakaOne(f): 12:04pm On Apr 24, 2009
Smoked turkey legs and breast in soup  **drool****

Re: ~All Lovers Of Tolotolo . . . Hop In Here~ by dominique(f): 3:56pm On Apr 24, 2009
na wa o! now my mouth is watering all over again, not fair tongue tongue!!! the picture ot the top looks more like chicken laps.
Re: ~All Lovers Of Tolotolo . . . Hop In Here~ by teissys(f): 3:07pm On May 04, 2009
I've never eaten tolo tolo. Looking at that skin on the neck gives me some goose pimples, I would feel like I ate a snake undecided
I am not a tolo tolo lover but I coudn't resist hopping in to see what it was all about. . . Please forgive me poster grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Who Remember This / Stop Calling it 'okra' It Is Wrong, Click To Check The Right Word For It / Roasted Or Boiled - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.