Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,719 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Stop Calling it 'okra' It Is Wrong, Click To Check The Right Word For It - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Stop Calling it 'okra' It Is Wrong, Click To Check The Right Word For It (1846 Views)

Stop Calling It Bread And Akara, See The Right Name For It / How To Make Seafood Okra (photos) / Stop Calling It Ponmo See The Right Name For It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Calling it 'okra' It Is Wrong, Click To Check The Right Word For It by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 22, 2020
For we to look different, unique and presentable we must learn to pronounce some kinds of words. For example.

Moi-Moi is called Bean pudding.

Akara is called Bean cake

Pap/Akamu is called Corn flakes.

Today’s teaching I will be telling us the original name of Okra.

Okra is a nutritious with many health benefit it is rich in magnesium, folate, fiber and vitamin C, K1 and A. Okra is beneficial for pregnant woman, it also help to reduce blood sugar, control heat health, to avoid embarrassment the original name for Okra is Ladyfinger.

In your closet or when been at home you can call it Okra but when outside you can be unique and different by calling it Ladyfinger.

Ways to enhance your spoken English

1: Always read books.

2: Check new words you come across in the dictionary.

3: Always watch educational T.V program.

4: Remember practice make progress so always practice what you learn.

Please share and drop your comment below

Photos credit : Google. Com

1 Like

Re: Stop Calling it 'okra' It Is Wrong, Click To Check The Right Word For It by Nobody: 8:34am On May 23, 2020
HsLBroker:
For we to look different, unique and presentable we must learn to pronounce some kinds of words. For example.

Okra is a nutritious with many health benefit it is rich in magnesium, folate, fiber and vitamin C, K1 and A. Okra is beneficial for pregnant woman, it also help to reduce blood sugar, control heat health, to avoid embarrassment the original name for Okra is Ladyfinger.

In your closet or when been at home you can call it Okra but when outside you can be unique and different by calling it Ladyfinger.

Re: Stop Calling it 'okra' It Is Wrong, Click To Check The Right Word For It by Probz(m): 10:24am On May 23, 2020
Get out of here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Calling it 'okra' It Is Wrong, Click To Check The Right Word For It by Focusmind: 6:03pm On May 28, 2020
Probz:
Get out of here.

Oga Probz, did the guy offend you?

2 Likes

Re: Stop Calling it 'okra' It Is Wrong, Click To Check The Right Word For It by Probz(m): 6:18pm On May 28, 2020
Focusmind:

Oga Probz, did the guy offend you?

Yes. By saying that Nigerians have to oyibonise even our own foods.

1 Like

Re: Stop Calling it 'okra' It Is Wrong, Click To Check The Right Word For It by Focusmind: 6:44pm On May 28, 2020
Probz:

Yes. By saying that Nigerians have to oyibonise even our own foods.

Hhaha, I agreed with you. You look nice in your Igbo traditional wear
Re: Stop Calling it 'okra' It Is Wrong, Click To Check The Right Word For It by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 07, 2020
HsLBroker:

Re: Stop Calling it 'okra' It Is Wrong, Click To Check The Right Word For It by Nobody: 1:31am On Sep 23, 2020
HsLBroker:

Re: Stop Calling it 'okra' It Is Wrong, Click To Check The Right Word For It by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 23, 2020
HsLBroker:

Re: Stop Calling it 'okra' It Is Wrong, Click To Check The Right Word For It by Mynd44: 7:07am On Sep 26, 2020
This thread is offensive and irritable on every level imaginable.
Re: Stop Calling it 'okra' It Is Wrong, Click To Check The Right Word For It by dingbang(m): 7:12am On Sep 26, 2020
Mynd44:
This thread is offensive and irritable on every level imaginable.

yeah very stupid. Who goes to the market and tells the vendor, I want to buy ladyfinger?

I will just pursue such person with the broom I use to wash toilet.
Re: Stop Calling it 'okra' It Is Wrong, Click To Check The Right Word For It by updatechange(m): 7:52am On Sep 26, 2020
Well done Op I've came across the rest but the fingerlady grin
Re: Stop Calling it 'okra' It Is Wrong, Click To Check The Right Word For It by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 26, 2020
updatechange:
Well done Op I've came across the rest but the fingerlady grin
you are welcome

(1) (Reply)

Roasted Or Boiled - Photo / 17 Food Stuffs That Sells Fast / Recipe For Flat Tommy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.