Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Responding To God’s Holiness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Responding To God’s Holiness (368 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) / HOLINESS Is NOT "Optional!" / Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Responding To God’s Holiness by yommyuk: 8:18am On Oct 07, 2015
A stunning sunset, a rainbow, and many other displays of nature will prompt strong reactions. In a similar way, God’s holiness is so magnificent that it causes people to respond in various ways.

Isaiah had a vision of the Lord’s moral purity and holiness. When he saw God seated on a throne in all His glorious splendour, the prophet cried out, “Woe is me, for I am ruined!” (Isa. 6:5). A glimpse of divine perfection caused Isaiah to recognize the depths of his own sinful condition and to acknowledge the holiness of God. Peter had a similar reaction when he was in the presence of the Saviour. After the Lord miraculously filled the fishing nets to overflowing, the disciple “fell down at Jesus’ feet, saying, ‘Go away from me Lord, for I am a sinful man!’” (Luke 5:cool. However, the religious leaders of the day had a different attitude. The more they heard Jesus’ preaching and saw His work, the angrier they became.

We are Christ’s ambassadors to a hurting world, and we must always act with love toward others. But sometimes those who are not abiding in Christ will experience what I call “holy heat.” People who have rejected Jesus may act as if we are trying to force them to believe in Him. And Christians living in rebellion toward God may become uncomfortable around those who abide in Jesus; they may even ignore the advice of believers who have loved and advised them for years.

God wants us to live out our faith in love, regardless of others’ reactions. Has your faith infiltrated the many areas of your life?

Isaiah 57:15
“For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: “I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite. “

Leviticus 19:2
“Speak to all the congregation of the people of Israel and say to them, You shall be holy, for I the Lord your God am holy. “

Psalm 96:9
“Worship the Lord in the splendour of holiness; tremble before him, all the earth! “

1 Samuel 2:2
“There is none holy like the Lord; there is none besides you; there is no rock like our God. “

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink
Re: Responding To God’s Holiness by Perfectwazobia: 8:35am On Oct 07, 2015
Holiness becometh your house o God

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Home, Floor Decoration Ideas & Decorative Items For Karva Chauth / The Spiritual Highway Men On Social Media / Christians To Be Wiped Out Of Middle East In Ten Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.