Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Get Rid Of Sin_ Pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Get Rid Of Sin_ Pastor Chris (854 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Get Rid Of Sin_ Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 1:17pm On Oct 07, 2015
Psalm 66:18
If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me

Prevailing with God in prayer is sacrosanct, and it's really what you need. But you see, if you're going to prevail with God in prayer, and have results from Him, then before you begin such prayer —whether for yourself, somebody else, or about any situation— the first thing is to repent of your sins, peradventure you've not been living right.

There're different kinds of sins that people commit; for instance, it can be the sin of pride and arrogance; if you don't repent of them, you can't prevail with God. The same is applicable to any other kind of sin. You can't prevail with God in prayer, because that sin will be in your heart, and like David said,

"If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me" (Psalm 66:18).

Isaiah said, "Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear" (Isaiah 59:1-2).

Christianity is a walk in righteousness. You can't fellowship with God upon your sins; He's a just, righteous and holy God.

1 John 1:9
"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous"

You don't have to sin, but if you do, repent quickly, receive forgiveness and live right.
says,

1 John 2:1
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." His Word is a cleanser; it sanctifies and purifies your heart of sin and all unrighteousness.

Give yourself to the Word. His Word is the true light to guide you always in the path of righteousness.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I'm grateful for your love. You've purified my heart to walk with you in righteousness. My life is for your glory, and I walk worthy of you, pleasing you in all things, as I bear fruits of righteousness, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Excerpt From: http://rhapsodyofrealities.org
Re: Get Rid Of Sin_ Pastor Chris by Marchman: 5:42pm On Oct 07, 2015
You are back. Good to see you again.

Very good message. It make me recall what Jesus told the people about the Pharisees: Do what they say, and not what they do.
Re: Get Rid Of Sin_ Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 4:38am On Jul 14, 2017
Marchman:
You are back. Good to see you again.

Very good message. It make me recall what Jesus told the people about the Pharisees: Do what they say, and not what they do.

But you told a lie that there's no preaching against sin . You have sinned kindly repent and get rid of your sin
Re: Get Rid Of Sin_ Pastor Chris by akintom(m): 8:55am On Jul 14, 2017
Joagbaje:

But you told a lie that there's no preaching against sin . You have sinned kindly repent and get rid of your sin

Which of the sin now?

Oyakhilome said Masturbation isn't a sin, when his fellow con artists said it's sin.
Re: Get Rid Of Sin_ Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 12:17pm On Jul 14, 2017
akintom:

Which of the sin now?

The type you're committing
Re: Get Rid Of Sin_ Pastor Chris by akintom(m): 1:09pm On Jul 14, 2017
Joagbaje:

The type you're committing
Aren't you a sinner yourself?
Re: Get Rid Of Sin_ Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 4:37am On Jul 15, 2017
akintom:

Aren't you a sinner yourself?

i am not
Re: Get Rid Of Sin_ Pastor Chris by akintom(m): 9:53am On Jul 15, 2017
Joagbaje:

i am not
How did you know that?
Re: Get Rid Of Sin_ Pastor Chris by akintom(m): 4:42pm On Jul 16, 2017
Joagbaje:

i am not
were you a sinner at anytime?

(1) (Reply)

Hope Africa Int'l:tb Joshua Emerging The 1st African Prophet To Win Award / Can Anyone Interpret Dreams? You Needed Here. / That Moment When You Feel Like GIVING UP. Read This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.