Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? (9226 Views)

How To Get A Job / If Managed How Much Will I Be Making From This Truck / What Can I Do With This Truck In Lagos: Advise Pls. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by TayoUK(m): 6:31am On Apr 23, 2009
This truck will be in Lagos by middle of June
Here are the details of the truck:

DAF XF 95.430 6x4

44 tons/44,000kg

Year of first registration is 2001

Mileage 650,000

Right hand drive

Should I sell this truck or should I lease it to a company for monthly payment, maybe for a period of time?

I reside in UK and I won't be in Nigeria to be managing this truck myself so I need to give it to company that will be paying me quarterly or monthly, depends on our agreement or lease terms. Also, I can sell this truck, come back to UK to buy another one and bring it down again to resell it.

In the long run, which of these two options do you guys consider to be good investment?

Note: I'm not in hurry to make this money back right away.

How much will it cost to resell this truck?

If leased to a company, how much am I likely to be making every month? Can you recommend any company?

I would really appreciate your responses and mostly from whoever is into this type of business.

Cheers, Tayo

Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by Parisgucci(f): 8:28am On Apr 23, 2009
I will advice you to give the truck to a company to manage it for you. Have you insured the truck? Insuring the truck is a strong guarantee against the unexpected, so that u wil have what to fall back on. You can give me a call on 07032619028 or 07025471713 for more info that i will not be able to give here. Thanks.
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by soulamanne(m): 11:13am On Apr 23, 2009
i would ad u give it to a coyas rental.i hear guiness take such but i dont ve full details but gists ve it that they pay 300k p/mth.since u are in no rush to make the money back it is a better option.meanwhile,u will need sum1 to mnge it for u here a close fam. rel shuld do u cos u must surely need a rep here.goodluck
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by Danso(m): 12:17pm On Apr 24, 2009
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by chikeobi(m): 6:39pm On Apr 24, 2009
Same with me i have a peugeot boxer bus, right now in PH. I am looking to lease it out to be paid on monthly/weekly basis.
Anybody with idea of such business here?. chykeob34@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by Simmarco: 4:48pm On Apr 27, 2009
Dear Tayo,

My name is Simeon ( HMC Logistics) , please contact me on +234 8033584111 or mail me on marco4life2002@yahoo.com for the right approach on the truck.

Cheers.

Simeon
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 28, 2009
Hello Tayo,

Check out our website, we can handle the management of the truck for you, we are major transporter to different manufacturers in the country including guinnes nig plc, coka cola plc, and sona breweries plc and counting.

www.aplusapproach.com
enquiries@aplusapproach.com

Have a great day.
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by ready2give(m): 2:36am On May 03, 2009
Hello,
Your plight is well understood on the truck but firstly i would advice you to give to reliable person to manage it for you.
secondly, i am well known suplier of building materials such as granite,gravel,sharp sands,softsand,laterite etc which i need tipper to carry them. I would like us to discuss more so that you may buy tippers in the nearest future and i manage them for you.you can call 2348079951245 0r mail to sandsandgranite@yahoo.com for more discussion.
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by Psolution1: 2:55am On May 03, 2009
find a good company to maage it for you, but please
when you are doing this go on good negosiation and
nerver you forget to give them term and condition that will
sweet you not them, l mean that will still put you to be the
right owner of the truck eles you may loss the right owner ship
in this line.
one more tips l will prefer you go on solid contract bound that delivers
you everyday.
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by PapaBrowne(m): 9:16am On May 03, 2009
Look for a company to hire it from you.
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by simiad: 12:22am On May 11, 2009
sell the truck, don't even think about giving it to someone to manage. it won't end well. speaking from experience. lost 15m just like that in less than 6 months, if not be prepared to lose. good luck
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by blacksta(m): 9:16am On May 11, 2009
simiad:

sell the truck, don't even think about giving it to someone to manage. it won't end well. speaking from experience. lost 15m just like that in less than 6 months, if not be prepared to lose. good luck

did you lose money because you gave it somebody ? Your information is so vital.
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by DOW(m): 4:27pm On May 13, 2009
Sell it fast. You can still get between 2.5 - 2.7m on this unit.
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by Tstark(m): 8:21pm On May 13, 2009
@Blacksta
You were very wrong for hijacking the original poster's thread. What does it cost you to create your own thread especially when its quite obvious that he hasn't got an answer to his question yet. This is the same mentality you apply to running business in Nigeria, nobody want to wait for their turn they all want to jump ahead of others. Try and be civilized on this blog at least.
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by ready2give(m): 7:46am On May 17, 2009
Well, i am a suppliers of granite, sands and other building materials which i use tipper to carry and i can manage the tipper if given to me. my base is at ogolonto in ikorodu lagos state Nigeria. call 2348079951245 0r mail to sandsandgranite@yahoo.com for more discussion.
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by TayoUK(m): 12:19pm On May 22, 2009
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by TayoUK(m): 4:17pm On May 28, 2009
Ready2give- did you get my email?
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by ifyalways(f): 8:59pm On May 28, 2009
dont sell,give it to a reputable companty to manage it for u.It cud be fetching u 400K per month.
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by TayoUK(m): 10:49am On May 29, 2009
ifyalways:

dont sell,give it to a reputable companty to manage it for u.It cud be fetching u 400K per month.

Thanks ifyalways - Can you can recommend any company?
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by ifyalways(f): 12:30am On May 30, 2009
Tayo-UK:

Thanks ifyalways - Can you can recommend any company?
None at the moment.Wud ask around though.
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by sonety2k(m): 11:19am On May 30, 2009
Kindly give it to a reputable companty that would  manage it for u very well
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by DisGuy: 7:15pm On May 31, 2009
How far?

You found anyone reputable yet?

Seems RHD truck is not a big problem unlike passenger vehicles, can anyone confirm?
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by Simmarco: 3:36pm On Jun 01, 2009
Hi Tayo,

My name is Simeon , you called me sometime ago on info on the Haulaging Business . I have got some good news for you.

Please call me on +234 08033584111.

Kind Regards,

Simeon
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by ifyalways(f): 3:44pm On Jun 01, 2009
My dad refused to recommend any undecided
I got his manager anyway and he talked abt Prime Logistics,Ikoyi Lagos.
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by odejayi200(m): 6:39pm On Jun 01, 2009
i know of a registered petroleum company in kaduna refinery called DALTEN ALHERI PETROLEUM,they have six filling stations and are building more and they are also into leasing of trucks,you can call them because i know they are more than capable of leasing the truck from you and you will not have any problem about an agreed monthly returns even though you are not in the country,but they have a set standard if you must know.my uncle has a truck with them and he is getting his monthly return as at when due,i am also building a truck to give them to manage.
call:08050549490,08035884853.
i wish you the best.
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by DisGuy: 1:23pm On Jun 02, 2009
odejayi200:

i know of a registered petroleum company in kaduna refinery called DALTEN ALHERI PETROLEUM,they have six filling stations and are building more and they are also into leasing of trucks,you can call them because i know they are more than capable of leasing the truck from you and you will not have any problem about an agreed monthly returns even though you are not in the country,but they have a set standard if you must know.my uncle has a truck with them and he is getting his monthly return as at when due,i am also building a truck to give them to manage.
i wish you the best.

what are these standards?

what do you mean when you say you are 'building a truck'?
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by TayoUK(m): 12:07am On Jun 03, 2009
Dis Guy:

what are these standards?

what do you mean when you say you are 'building a truck'?

I think he meant building the tanker, the trunk
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by TayoUK(m): 12:10am On Jun 03, 2009
ifyalways:

My dad refused to recommend any undecided
I got his manager anyway and he talked abt Prime Logistics,Ikoyi Lagos.

Thanks a lot, I'll try and see if I can get contact number of that company when I get to Lagos in couple of weeks.

Your willingness to help is really appreciated.
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by TayoUK(m): 12:12am On Jun 03, 2009
odejayi200:

i wish you the best.

Thanks bro, I'll try and give you a call in the morning tomorrow!
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by TayoUK(m): 12:13am On Jun 03, 2009
Simmarco:

Hi Tayo,

My name is Simeon , you called me sometime ago on info on the Haulaging Business . I have got some good news for you.

Please call me on +234 08033584111.

Kind Regards,

Simeon

Thanks Simeon, I will call you in the morning!
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by TayoUK(m): 2:38pm On Jun 05, 2009
smiley
Re: Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 05, 2009
Hi Mr Tayo.U can me on 07039298110 or 07082976339 and i'll relay the call to my dad.He's an independent cross-country truck-driver,so even if he doesnt manage your truck,he knows the drill:finances,paperwork and all related stuff.I'd have given u his number but he's on the road quite often,driving,but he's usually home @ mornings,if he isnt out of state(Lagos).I'm sure u must have been inundated with a lotta info,all the sugarcoated 300k/400k guys.From the little i know,dat kinda pay's seasonal,and the demand isnt that high.There are lotta trucks in 9ja,u should know that.(except if u have a personal fleet,which doesnt seem to be the case).So, Get in touch if u can.Take care.Godfrey.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Start Rice Business In Nigeria / Location Of Chinese Village In Lagos / How A Student Can Make Extra Money.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.