Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

The Truth About Oliseh-enyeama Incident - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Truth About Oliseh-enyeama Incident (2116 Views)

The Yobo's & The Enyeama's Step Out For Church. / The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness / 'Oliseh Shuts Enyeama Up, Kicks Him Out Of Camp Today' - Muyiwa Lawal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Oliseh-enyeama Incident by Bluffly: 3:35pm On Oct 07, 2015
XCLUSIVE By Johnny Edward:

Completesportsnigeria.com can exclusively report today the real story behind the clash between Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh and (former) captain Vincent Enyeama on Tuesday night.

A source within the team's camp in Belgium, who witnessed the incident, narrated the dramatic confrontation that led to the initial expulsion and recall of Enyeama.

While the story doing the rounds is that the battle started because Oliseh shouted down Enyeama while the Lille keeper was trying to explain his late arrival in camp, Completesportsnigeria.com learnt that was not exactly how it went down.

Oliseh, according to our source, had no issue with Enyeama arriving in camp on Tuesday instead of Monday, since the coach was aware that the keeper was recently bereaved and buried his late mum over the weekend.

But the clash started when, while holding a meeting with the players after their evening training session which Enyeama attended but did not participate in, Oliseh mentioned Ahmed Musa as the team captain. Enyeama was said to have rudely interrupted the coach's speech at this point, the Lille keeper insisting that he was the captain, not Musa.

This interruption apparently riled Oliseh, who ordered Enyeama to let him (Oliseh) address his players in peace. But Enyeama continued talking, raising his voice at the coach.

When Oliseh could not take it anymore, he ordered that Enyeama leave the venue of the meeting as he felt the keeper was undermining his (Oliseh's) authority.

When Enyeama refused to leave, Oliseh asked for the goalkeeper to be forcibly removed from the Verviers Hotel camp by security men.

But five senior players in the squad: Mikel Obi, Ogenyi Onazi, Ahmed Musa, Elderson Echiejile and Emmanuel Emenike, waded in and all went to Oliseh's room to plead on behalf of Enyeama.

Also there were telephone calls from the Nigerian Football Federation President Amaju Pinnick and even some big Nigerian politicians to have the matter resolved.

"Enyeama was rude to Oliseh, no doubt. Oliseh has so many issues to deal with, especially the inability of six home-based players to get visas to join the squad, and the possibility of Godfrey Oboabona missing the match, and he doesn't need this additional distraction " a top official told Completesportsnigeria.com, before corroborating the first source's narration of events..

"The embarrassment he got from Enyeama in the presence of the other players was uncalled for and disappointing.

"Oliseh just announced that Ahmed Musa remains his captain and Enyeama flared up. He was told his response wasn't needed by the coach but Enyeama was angered and would not back down.

"He was asked to excuse the meeting and when he didn't, Oliseh asked for him to be bundled out of the team's camp, contrary to reports in the media that Enyeama was asked to shut up while trying to explain his late arrival, which wasn't even an issue.

"For goodness sake, a coach has the right to pick his captain for the team. New coaches do it all the time."

The source went further to explain that for Oliseh to drive down to Lille at the start of the Ligue 1 season to discuss the rebuilding process of the Super Eagles with Enyeama shows how much he respects the former Enyimba star.

"Oliseh wasn't given the respect he deserved. He (Oliseh) is not a saint and might not be completely blameless, but Enyeama should respect the coach; he is the boss," the source added.

There were also hints from the team's camp that Oliseh was not happy that Enyeama arrived early enough to train with the team on Tuesday, only to spend the entire time chatting with team secretary Dayo Enebi, asking questions about the new players in the squad, while Carl Ikeme was the only other goalkeeper in camp and the team would need two for a full session.

OP please get the full report and not half. The coach has the right to name anyone as a captain. It may be for a game, it may be forever. Enyeama did a wrong thing finish.

I rest my case.
Re: The Truth About Oliseh-enyeama Incident by winetapper: 3:37pm On Oct 07, 2015
OK then let's see who wins
Re: The Truth About Oliseh-enyeama Incident by ewosk: 4:06pm On Oct 07, 2015
If this report is true then Enyeama did wrong.
i understand how it feels for this to happen during this time. But the coach has a right to choose a Captain...

IMO ---I dont see how musa captaincy would help the team other than to show the supremacy of S.Oliseh......

BTW: Oliseh should as well not invite Enyeama to camp if He has no intention of using him....Because having Enyeama on the field and Musa with the Captain Hand band would be somehow.....Imagine Musa coordinating Mikel or Ambrose on the pitch...lol
Re: The Truth About Oliseh-enyeama Incident by lordthree(m): 4:08pm On Oct 07, 2015
ewosk:
If this report is true then Enyeama did wrong.
i understand how it feels for this to happen during this time. But the coach has a right to choose a Captain...

IMO ---I dont see how musa captaincy would help the team other than to shows the supremacy of S.Oliseh......

BTW: Oliseh should as well not invite Enyeama to camp if He has no intention of using him....Because having Enyeama on the field and Musa with the Captain Hand band would be somehow.....Imagine Musa coordinating Mikel or Ambrose on the pitch...lol
[size=14pt]how are you so sure musa is not a good captain..oliseh must have seen something in him that made him choose musa[/size]
Re: The Truth About Oliseh-enyeama Incident by Pwhitelaw(m): 4:16pm On Oct 07, 2015
Since we have a captain on ground there is need to explain to Eyeama why he he been ripped off the captaincy of the team. Itz a big insult on Enyeama and asking why oliseh is choosing musa over him is no that bad at all

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Oliseh-enyeama Incident by davspog2(m): 4:22pm On Oct 07, 2015
If this is what truly happened then Enyeama didn't need to flare up during the meeting, he could have done that after the meeting, one on one with oliseh, this is nothing unusual, dunga of Brazil collected the captaincy band from thiago silva and gave it to a younger Neymar! Heaven didn't fall nah

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Oliseh-enyeama Incident by ewosk: 11:24pm On Oct 07, 2015
lordthree:
[size=14pt]how are you so sure musa is not a good captain..oliseh must have seen something in him that made him choose musa[/size]

IT IS LIKE THE MINISTERIAL LIST

PAYBACK FOR LOYALTY.....NOTHING ELSE....HIS REASONS FOR CHOOSING MUSA CONFIRMS IT....
Re: The Truth About Oliseh-enyeama Incident by Asiwaju9ja(m): 11:46pm On Oct 07, 2015
Pwhitelaw:
Since we have a captain on ground there is need to explain to Eyeama why he he been ripped off the captaincy of the team. Itz a big insult on Enyeama and asking why oliseh is choosing musa over him is no that bad at all

U funny. If new coach come e no like you, he no go invite you, you go fight am?
Re: The Truth About Oliseh-enyeama Incident by Asiwaju9ja(m): 11:48pm On Oct 07, 2015
Enyeama wen i think say he humble before? E never see anything. Na go e dey so. Oliseh is the boss as it is. You don't quarrel with your boss. Mikel even musa begged on his behalf. Enyeama na goat. He no get respect, no be musa Captain Eagles for their last match?
Re: The Truth About Oliseh-enyeama Incident by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:22am On Oct 08, 2015
The NFF members already had it for Enyeama. If Pinnick wants me to believe him, then I can believe anything.
Re: The Truth About Oliseh-enyeama Incident by rickome247(m): 3:55am On Oct 08, 2015
Eyeama should humble himself he should knw that oliseh is d coach 4get say he lost him mama Na him first lost mama... After all Nigerian govt stood by him all this while.. the games ahead Na jst friendly wen it matters most the boys will be separated 4rm the mehn... That's my opinion ooo!
Re: The Truth About Oliseh-enyeama Incident by Pwhitelaw(m): 10:34am On Oct 08, 2015
Asiwaju9ja:

U funny. If new coach come e no like you, he no go invite you, you go fight am?
... And are you saying Enyeama was not invited. Plz take time to digest the story. Eyeama even has more national appearance than oliseh with 101caps for the National team. Instead of him to unite the team towards the forthcoming afcon he is busy causing rift among players in the camp. Enyeama is still our captain quote me anywhere.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Oliseh-enyeama Incident by Asiwaju9ja(m): 10:55am On Oct 08, 2015
Pwhitelaw:
... And are you saying Enyeama was not invited. Plz take time to digest the story. Eyeama even has more national appearance than oliseh with 101caps for the National team. Instead of him to unite the team towards the forthcoming afcon he is busy causing rift among players in the camp. Enyeama is still our captain quote me anywhere.

U don't get It, I am saying if a a new coach comes and he decides that he doesn't want u as his captain there is nothing u can do. Weda enyeama dey super eagles or not, all successes and failures rests on d coach. If he doesn't want enyeama he should go and concentrate on his club career. That is gross insurbodination. Na Beg he suppose beg, not talk back at ur coach. Na all these kind behaviour we must curtail in d supereagles. Na clear eyes mikel take rush reach camp? I know that Enyeama's fear is Carl Ikeme. Shay e be dey make shakara say e want retire from super eagles? Retirement don come now he dey shout. Change is the only constant in life.
Re: The Truth About Oliseh-enyeama Incident by Pwhitelaw(m): 12:27am On Oct 09, 2015
Asiwaju9ja:

U don't get It, I am saying if a a new coach comes and he decides that he doesn't want u as his captain there is nothing u can do. Weda enyeama dey super eagles or not, all successes and failures rests on d coach. If he doesn't want enyeama he should go and concentrate on his club career. That is gross insurbodination. Na Beg he suppose beg, not talk back at ur coach. Na all these kind behaviour we must curtail in d supereagles. Na clear eyes mikel take rush reach camp? I know that Enyeama's fear is Carl Ikeme. Shay e be dey make shakara say e want retire from super eagles? Retirement don come now he dey shout. Change is the only constant in life.
.. Hope you remember he buried his mum at the weekend and even if he arrived late to camp I think oliseh should understand. The coach who fail to even send a condolence message to Enyeama and think the best thing is to strip him off the captaincy of the team in front of all the players. To be candid oliseh should have approach the matter in a polite and mature way as a manager of the team. See what the rift caused us against Congo today. Put ur self in Enyeama shoes and you will understand how painful it is to loss a love one and still make it to camp on Monday. During Tunisia 94 when keshi was injured and Christian Chukwu led the team to the final. Fortunately we won and he step aside for keshi to lift the cup. That is the unity we need in super Eagles. What we need is result and not unnecessary distraction from a newbie manager.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Oliseh-enyeama Incident by foworaboy(m): 2:56am On Oct 09, 2015
This is what happens when players are rich and famous,if he was still keeping for eyimba and doesn't really have much,he would accept his coach decision without any complaints.That's what money and fame does,it pushes people to display unnecessary pride.
Re: The Truth About Oliseh-enyeama Incident by kindredspirit(m): 9:41am On Oct 09, 2015
Pwhitelaw:
.. Hope you remember he buried his mum at the weekend and even if he arrived late to camp I think oliseh should understand. The coach who fail to even send a condolence message to Enyeama and think the best thing is to strip him off the captaincy of the team in front of all the players. To be candid oliseh should have approach the matter in a polite and mature way as a manager of the team. See what the rift caused us against Congo today. Put ur self in Enyeama shoes and you will understand how painful it is to loss a love one and still make it to camp on Monday. During Tunisia 94 when keshi was injured and Christian Chukwu led the team to the final. Fortunately we won and he step aside for keshi to lift the cup. That is the unity we need in super Eagles. What we need is result and not unnecessary distraction from a newbie manager.

Austin Eguavoen, not Christian Chukwu.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Oliseh-enyeama Incident by Goke7: 9:47am On Oct 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
The NFF members already had it for Enyeama. If Pinnick wants me to believe him, then I can believe anything.

what a lot of folks don't know is that its all a script which has been from the kaduna issue, the panel that investigated the matter resolved that enyeama leave the national team, oliseh just completed the process, period.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

World Best Dad; Cristiano Ronaldo Takes His Son To School On His First Day / 23 Weird Facts In Football, Strange But True / The Wizard Of Sport Forecastings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.