Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Air/fuel Ratio Lean Malfunction On 94 Corolla - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Air/fuel Ratio Lean Malfunction On 94 Corolla (1215 Views)

Where Do I Get Air Fuel Ratio Sensor Honda Accord 2007 In Abuja? / Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs / Dashboard Lights Malfunction On 2006 Honda Pilot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Air/fuel Ratio Lean Malfunction On 94 Corolla by Drgreatone: 5:17pm On Oct 07, 2015
Mum's ever reliable 94 1.8l corolla dx wit auto started aving issues abt a month ago when it suddenly started losing power even wit throttle pressed and then stall leading to repeatedly restarting the car till she got home,symptoms were attributed to bad fuel and injector or nozzle was cleaned wit carb cleaner.
Fastforward monday,got back home and found the check light had bin on for 2wks which the mechos told her to ignore as it meant nofin,bin the diy person I am,went to google and found out ow to decode the light,ended up bin code 25-Air/Fuel Ratio Lean Malfunction. Erased it wit plans to monitor it,was to travel today when the same symptoms started an hour into my journey when it started stalling again in traffic, when u floor the throttle, there wud be little or no response at times and yet when u restart it,wud start and within seconds,same cycle wud restart itself. Her mech says she needs to change the fuel pump(said the fuel filter was ok),I av my doubts so pls advice my ogas or anyfin I can check myself(I be novice buh learn fast)
Re: Air/fuel Ratio Lean Malfunction On 94 Corolla by Drgreatone: 8:55am On Oct 08, 2015
@Gazzuzz, Lomomike, Mayor etc no comment?
Re: Air/fuel Ratio Lean Malfunction On 94 Corolla by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:21am On Oct 08, 2015
Drgreatone:
Mum's ever reliable 94 1.8l corolla dx wit auto started aving issues abt a month ago when it suddenly started losing power even wit throttle pressed and then stall leading to repeatedly restarting the car till she got home,symptoms were attributed to bad fuel and injector or nozzle was cleaned wit carb cleaner.
Fastforward monday,got back home and found the check light had bin on for 2wks which the mechos told her to ignore as it meant nofin,bin the diy person I am,went to google and found out ow to decode the light,ended up bin code 25-Air/Fuel Ratio Lean Malfunction. Erased it wit plans to monitor it,was to travel today when the same symptoms started an hour into my journey when it started stalling again in traffic, when u floor the throttle, there wud be little or no response at times and yet when u restart it,wud start and within seconds,same cycle wud restart itself. Her mech says she needs to change the fuel pump(said the fuel filter was ok),I av my doubts so pls advice my ogas or anyfin I can check myself(I be novice buh learn fast)

It seems like a fuel pressure related issue. It might be a 21year old fuel pump grin you can change parts blindly or get a fuel pressure tester to check if all is well with your fuel pump.

Now while using the tester ensure the pump runs for extended periods before concluding on your results.

1 Like

Re: Air/fuel Ratio Lean Malfunction On 94 Corolla by Drgreatone: 11:03am On Oct 08, 2015
Thanks boss, really appreciate ur input. More grease to ur elbow sir

1 Like

Re: Air/fuel Ratio Lean Malfunction On 94 Corolla by mayor2013: 12:59pm On Oct 08, 2015
Fuel delivery problem from your explanation. 94 corolla. Let me know if you wanna sell the baby mama wink
Re: Air/fuel Ratio Lean Malfunction On 94 Corolla by Drgreatone: 2:37pm On Oct 08, 2015
mayor2013:
Fuel delivery problem from your explanation. 94 corolla. Let me know if you wanna sell the baby mama wink
That car has bin ever reliable, and drives smoothly for a 21yr old car. Bought 4 years ago and mum can't stop praising its cheap maintenance. Think we would kip it in the family when time comes to upgrade though wud let u know if she changes her mind.
Re: Air/fuel Ratio Lean Malfunction On 94 Corolla by Drgreatone: 9:34pm On Oct 11, 2015
Drgreatone:
@Gazzuzz, Mayor2013
I have come again sirs,replaced fuel pump on thursday and mum took it out yestide without any problem. Travelled wit the car today and 50miles after, the check light came on and when I got to my destination,found the same code 25-lean air/fuel mixture which I cleared. Would it be right to think of changin fuel filter or assume the pump is at fault again, drove anoda 20miles but no prev symptoms yet and code hasn't come back
Re: Air/fuel Ratio Lean Malfunction On 94 Corolla by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:05pm On Oct 11, 2015
Drgreatone:

I have come again sirs,replaced fuel pump on thursday and mum took it out yestide without any problem. Travelled wit the car today and 50miles after, the check light came on and when I got to my destination,found the same code 25-lean air/fuel mixture which I cleared. Would it be right to think of changin fuel filter or assume the pump is at fault again, drove anoda 20miles but no prev symptoms yet and code hasn't come back

Check for intake leaks around injector area.
Re: Air/fuel Ratio Lean Malfunction On 94 Corolla by mayor2013: 10:55pm On Oct 11, 2015
Drgreatone:

Who did that job for you? Whenever you replace your pump repkace fuel filter too. If that car has an external fuel filter is what am not sure of. Does this car misfire?
Re: Air/fuel Ratio Lean Malfunction On 94 Corolla by Drgreatone: 6:56pm On Oct 12, 2015
@Gazzuzz thanks,can I do that myself and how do I go about it
@Mayor thought as much too but they said it just needed flushing so the opened the filter and allowed fuel flow in and poured it off
NB light came back on buh drove anoda 150miles without any symptoms on the way, just got home now and wanna just sort it out once and for all. Wud get the filter changed hopefully convince mum's mech
Really appreciate ur inputs sir

(1) (Reply)

I Am Fed Up With Nasty Xperiences Wit Mechanics. Pls Read & Gi'me Wise Advice. / Car Tips: Auto Theft Prevention Tips / I Need A Car To Buy From A God Fearing Person At A Give Away Price.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.