Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,059 members, 7,818,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Delta Igbos - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta Igbos (4050 Views)

Delta Igbos / Delta Igbos In Delta State / I See More Delta Igbos Claim To Be Igbo Than Ikwerre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta Igbos by Afrobeau: 12:38am On Oct 08, 2015
Has anyone lived among Delta Igbos? How is their culture? How do the men behave? My fiance is Delta Igbo and I will like to get a glimpse of how their lifestlye is before meeting his people. I am Igbo just in case anyone needs to know..
Re: Delta Igbos by cocoberry(f): 12:40am On Oct 08, 2015
smiley
Re: Delta Igbos by Cutehector(m): 12:46am On Oct 08, 2015
My grand mother is frm delta igbo, urm I"m sure u do wana marry one, cux they r hardworking and just as industrious as d igbos demselves...

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by DiamonJ: 4:34am On Oct 08, 2015
U should be happy that a delta igbo found wicked igbos as girlfrnd not to talk of marriage, d reverse should be d case, that can a hardworking, accomodating and blessed delta igbo survive being with and igbós gỉrlfnd, not to talk of having igbo's as wife or wicked inlaw's, igbo's are d wicked boyfnd or girlfrnd any other tribes can think of settling down with,u can plan with them, bcoz they will choose money over u, living u not knwing where u stand, mostly abia and imo, i HATE them with passion

2 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by DiamonJ: 4:37am On Oct 08, 2015
DiamonJ:
U should be happy that a delta igbo found wicked igbos as girlfrnd not to talk of marriage, d reverse should be d case, that can a hardworking, accomodating and blessed delta igbo survive being with and igbós gỉrlfnd, not to talk of having igbo's as wife or wicked inlaw's, igbo's are d wicked boyfnd or girlfrnd any other tribes can think of settling down with,u can't plan with them, bcoz they will choose money over u, living u not knwing where u stand, mostly abia and imo, i HATE them with passion
Re: Delta Igbos by DiamonJ: 4:41am On Oct 08, 2015
DiamonJ:
U should be happy that a delta igbo found wicked igbos as girlfrnd not to talk of marriage, d reverse should be d case, that can a hardworking, accomodating and blessed delta igbo survive being with and igbós gỉrlfnd, not to talk of having igbo's as wife or wicked inlaw's, igbo's are d wicked boyfnd or girlfrnd any other tribes can think of settling down with,u can plan with them, bcoz they will choose money over u, living u not knwing where u stand, mostly abia and imo, i HATE them with passion
I mean u can't plan with them, bc0z they will so frustrate u bcoz of money, that u will ask why they are among nigeria
Re: Delta Igbos by DiamonJ: 4:48am On Oct 08, 2015
DiamonJ:
I mean u can't plan with them, bc0z they will so frustrate u bcoz of money, that u will ask why they are among nigerian's, this question should come from another tribe not ibo abeg
Re: Delta Igbos by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 08, 2015
DiamonJ:
I mean u can't plan with them, bc0z they will so frustrate u bcoz of money, that u will ask why they are among nigeria

Sadist
DiamonJ:
I mean u can't plan with them, bc0z they will so frustrate u bcoz of money, that u will ask why they are among nigerian's, this question should come from another tribe not ibo abeg

Sadist
DiamonJ:

Sadist
Re: Delta Igbos by Afrobeau: 5:15am On Oct 09, 2015
DiamonJ:
Well, I don't give 2 hoots about what you like or hate. I don't like you either. It's obvious that an Igbo girl broke your heart. And no, my fiance is lucky to have me. Scrooch over if you came here to talk like an illiterate.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by tonychristopher: 7:20am On Oct 09, 2015
Afrobeau:
Has anyone lived among Delta Igbos? How is their culture? How do the men behave? My fiance is Delta Igbo and I will like to get a glimpse of how their lifestlye is before meeting his people. I am Igbo just in case anyone needs to know..

Onye ikpu oma .....Igbo of delta origin or delta of Igbo origin have the same culture with mainland Igbo those from asaba axis have anambra culture while those from ukwuani axis have uguta culture

Abu m ogo na delta Igbo

Inugo?

6 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by Afrobeau: 8:31pm On Oct 11, 2015
tonychristopher:

Onye ikpu oma .....Igbo of delta origin or delta of Igbo origin have the same culture with mainland Igbo those from asaba axis have anambra culture while those from ukwuani axis have uguta culture

Abu m ogo na delta Igbo

Inugo?
Thanks my dear. That helps a lot. Dalu rinne
Re: Delta Igbos by tonychristopher: 11:22pm On Oct 11, 2015
Afrobeau:

Thanks my dear. That helps a lot. Dalu rinne

Nsogbu adiro
Re: Delta Igbos by sunnydayasaba(m): 11:35pm On Oct 11, 2015
Which side of d delta Igbo is he frm? Am a Delta Igbo myself, I jst want to knw if he comes frm my side..lol
Re: Delta Igbos by tonychristopher: 11:39pm On Oct 11, 2015
sunnydayasaba:
Which side of d delta Igbo is he frm? Am a Delta Igbo myself, I jst want to knw if he comes frm my side..lol

Ukwuani...what about you

Iwu onye ebe?
Ebe ka ina aga igo ogo?

Rekax Igbo bu ofu
Re: Delta Igbos by sunnydayasaba(m): 11:48pm On Oct 11, 2015
tonychristopher:

Ukwuani...what about you

Iwu onye ebe?
Ebe ka ina aga igo ogo?

Rekax Igbo bu ofu

Abu Onye Ogwashi Uku.
Re: Delta Igbos by tonychristopher: 11:54pm On Oct 11, 2015
sunnydayasaba:

Abu Onye Ogwashi Uku.

Naso...ndi ogwa...ndi si NRI abia

Kedu ije ..kedu maka okonji?
Re: Delta Igbos by shantelrandy(f): 12:57am On Oct 12, 2015
tonychristopher:

Ukwuani...what about you

Iwu onye ebe?
Ebe ka ina aga igo ogo?

Rekax Igbo bu ofu
Delta Igbo's are nice,am from delta Igbo and ukwuani precisely, u know der must b some bad peeps shaaa, the men are hardworking, and luv dia wife,it depends on ur man and his family.But I can't see myself marrying from der. ...
Re: Delta Igbos by Rukkydelta(f): 1:07am On Oct 12, 2015
Speechless
Re: Delta Igbos by tonychristopher: 1:09am On Oct 12, 2015
shantelrandy:
Delta Igbo's are nice,am from delta Igbo and ukwuani precisely, u know der must b some bad peeps shaaa, the men are hardworking, and luv dia wife,it depends on ur man and his family.But I can't see myself marrying from der. ...

Is it abbai or ogume or obiaruku ..you are my ogo
Re: Delta Igbos by henrylowe(m): 1:12am On Oct 12, 2015
Oyah
Re: Delta Igbos by Kingnap(m): 5:07am On Oct 12, 2015
shantelrandy:

Yea Ukwuani we are the best.... Why can't u marry from there??.... So we go now invest our money outside rather than inside? grin

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by DiamonJ: 5:30am On Oct 12, 2015
Ukwuani bu ani eze, igbos are not worth d stress, all they knw is culture,
Re: Delta Igbos by Rocktation(f): 6:21am On Oct 12, 2015
They're just like anyone and everyone. Good and Bad. No people have the absolute monopoly of these qualities.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by Afrobeau: 6:24am On Oct 12, 2015
sunnydayasaba:
He's from Agbor
Re: Delta Igbos by Afrobeau: 6:27am On Oct 12, 2015
Rukkydelta:
Speechless
Why speechless? say something! embarassed shocked grin
Re: Delta Igbos by dmz1: 2:51pm On Oct 12, 2015
he is from IKA
Re: Delta Igbos by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 12, 2015
Afrobeau:

Hello nne
for completeness you should have said you are Anambra Igbo, Ebonyi Igbo, Rivers Igbo etc
Your post is a bit....somehow.....you sounded like you think Igbos from Delta are not ?authentic Igbo?

@ your how do the men behave?.... shocked
Like men? Like Igbos? Like people?
Read your post again....o di kwa somehow
And, before marriage.....a na aju ese....ooo na Nairaland ka I cholu ime nke gi? I understand if one was a foreigner from another country and wanted to know about men from this country.....or maybe Igbo and was marrying a Yoruba or Hausa and vice versa....coming here to ask questions....

But an Igbo, getting married to an Igbo? And asking a question like that, and especially the way you did? Mbanu
I get why @Rukkydelta is speechless
Chai
Cheers
Re: Delta Igbos by Angelou(m): 7:33am On Oct 13, 2015
The delta igbo ladies i've come across are quite beautiful, hardworking and sexually active wink BUT their love for money is unparalleled and they hav e this belief that it is their duty to siphon their spouse even though they are richer than him

2 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by Afrobeau: 6:28am On Oct 15, 2015
milychocs:

Hello nne
for completeness you should have said you are Anambra Igbo, Ebonyi Igbo, Rivers Igbo etc
Your post is a bit....somehow.....you sounded like you think Igbos from Delta are not ?authentic Igbo?

And, before marriage.....a na aju ese....ooo na Nairaland ka I cholu ime nke gi? I understand if one was a foreigner from another country and wanted to know about men from this country.....or maybe Igbo and was marrying a Yoruba or Hausa and vice versa....coming here to ask questions....

But an Igbo, getting married to an Igbo? And asking a question like that, and especially the way you did? Mbanu
Chai
Cheers
I understand completely what you are saying my dear. I know about the iju ase and my parents will do that at the appointed time. I see Delta Igbos as Igbos just that I have come across some of them who blatantly state their dislike for being associated with Igbo. They try to dissociate themselves. My fiance sees himself as Igbo and has no problems in that aspect at all. But one of the other reasons I asked here is I grew up in Nigeria but I didn't travel around a lot. I understand that Delta state has so many different cultures/ethnicities blended together so I wanted to know if I can get a general glimpse of how the culture of the delta Igbos are. I don't know if they are the same or slightly different. But I do not in anyway think the Delta Igbos are less Igbos than the rest of the Igbos just that when you see them denying their Igbo heritage just like Sunday Ogochukwu Oliseh of super eagles made it very clear during his speech sometime ago that he is NOT Igbo.. It just makes you wonder. Someone shares the same name with you and the name has the same meaning; they speak the same language and you understand though with with a different dialect. Just like being from Enugu state, or Anambra or Imo state. When people from these states speak their local dialects, other regular Igbos from other states will not understand and I see it the same way with Delta Igbos. They are just Igbos from another state, Delta state, and who speak Igbo language with their own dialect, just like every other Igbo state has their own dialect. If they don't want to be regarded as igbos, it makes no sense to me but I still respect that. However, I will let my children know that they are from the Igbo tribe because that's where they are from despite the fact that the division of states allotted us different geographical locations.
Anyway.... the main point for my question is just that I wanted to get a quick glimpse into their lifestyle and the info that I got here, no matter how vague, was still helpful... I was concerned that if they see Igbos differently, I might not be very welcome by his people.. not his immediate family though since they like me... I don't know when next I'll visit Nigeria so, any tip is helpful to me. Thanks Milychocs
Re: Delta Igbos by tonychristopher: 7:07am On Oct 15, 2015
milychocs:

Hello nne

Chai
Cheers

Ofuma ka ikwuru ....nne GI mulu GI, onye ikpu OMA

Dalu rinne

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Clubs And Restaurants In Lagos ? / Handmade Palm Kernel Oil For Sale / Throwback Picture Of A Muslim Yoruba Shop In Salvador, Bahia 1895.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.