Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Eagles Captaincy: You’re Wrong!chukwu And Others - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eagles Captaincy: You’re Wrong!chukwu And Others (502 Views)

Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row / Revealed : Why Musa Handed Eagles Captaincy To Mikel. / Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eagles Captaincy: You’re Wrong!chukwu And Others by myners007: 6:02am On Oct 08, 2015
THE fued in the Super Eagles camp in Bel­gium which resulted in the stripping of the team’s captaincy from Vincent Enyeama has been condemned by former coaches of the team as well as other football buffs.

Reacting to the lat­est development in the team’s camp in Bel­gium ahead of today’s international friendly game against Congo DR, Coach Christian Chukwu said though he was not in Belgium, he would not support the bundling out of the goalkeeper from camp. He pointed out that it is wrong for the coach of the team to be in public disagreement with his players.

“Coaching the nation­al team goes with man­aging players. No coach quarrels with his tools or else, he would not get the best from the tools. In this case, the play­ers are the tools Oliseh needs to work with to succeed.

I think he got it wrong in the way he acted. The worst you can do to a player who is late to camp is to cut his al­lowance and you can’t just strip a captain be­cause he reported late to camp,” Chukwu stated.

For former Green Ea­gles defender, Sylvanus Okpalla, it is wrong for Oliseh to be washing the team’s dirty linens in public.

“Oliseh must be a good coach as well as a good manager if he wants to succeed. If the coach feels strongly about the team captain not needed in the team, he should not invite him for matches. As a coach, if I invite my captain for a game, he remains the captain and when I feel he is no longer needed in the team, I stop in­viting him outrightly. What Oliseh has done will have a ripple ef­fect.”

Ex-international, Etim Esin feels the na­tional team handler must learn to manage his players’ differ­ences properly towards achieving desired re­sults, while insisting that it would be a wrong call for the Lille goal­keeper to retire from international football now.

“It would be wrong for Enyeama to quit now because he has many years to serve the country,” Esin told goal. com. Breaking the si­lence for the first time since the incident hap­pened on Tuesday eve­ning, a traumatised En­yeama revealed that he was pained at the insult hurled at his late mother and attempts to throw him out of the camp by security officials.

“After 13 years in na­tional service, having this smiles on my face and this passion in my heart,” Enyeama wrote on Instagram.

“Through the billows, the waves of the ocean, the tears of defeat, the sound of rejoicing from victory chants. Now the thought of being stripped naked and se­curity agents throw­ing me out breaks me completely. “I will take anything but not insult to my dead mother,” he concluded.

However, in an in­terview with Brila FM yesterday, Super Eagles Coach, Sunday Oliseh said he stood by his decision on Eyeama and announced Ahmed Musa the captain of Super Eagles. His an­nouncement comes after he and goal keeper and Eagles captain Vincent Enyeama had a faceoff in their camp in Bel­gium Tuesday.

“There is no captain­cy tussles. For Nigeria going forward, I need a player who is regu­lar in the team and it is Ahmed Musa, who did a great job in Tanzania under very difficult cir­cumstances.

He (Musa) is the captain of the team, not somebody who is thinking of retirement. A captain has to lead by example. We are not here to build stars. If you don’t conform to what I am trying to do, we will be friends, but we will be friends from afar. There has been a new government and the President has picked new ministers. And that is what I have also done.” he said.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/eagles-captaincy-youre-wrong/
Re: Eagles Captaincy: You’re Wrong!chukwu And Others by furezra(m): 6:05am On Oct 08, 2015
I support them
Re: Eagles Captaincy: You’re Wrong!chukwu And Others by BabaO2: 6:10am On Oct 08, 2015
furezra:
I support them
He got it wrong in Nigerians way, I am happy a confident and exposed coach is on the ground at last.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Predictions For The Popular Matches For 23-10-2015 / Mourinho Calm About Future After League Cup Exit / Mali Beats Belgium 3-1 To Book A Seat For The U-17 World Cup Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.