Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,071 members, 7,953,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:21 PM

Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice (2399 Views)

I Seriously Need Advice From You Guys / My Wife Got Pregnant For Another Man.. I Need An Advice / I'm Seriously Considering Cheating On My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by AltarBoy1: 9:01am On Oct 08, 2015
Greetings

I am writing this to clear my mind and to seek for advice. Am not certain yet if a problem is going to arise, but from recent happening, its as if there might be a problem in the future and so am seeking for ways/steps to take in other to avoid it. It all started sometimes in June when a friend of mine gave me one of his shop in a main market to start up a business after my failure to secure a job. After I had moved in and started, then came this lady that owns the shop next to mine. She just automatically became a good Samaritan to me. She had always and really helped me a lot in the market, which I had always appreciated and reciprocated without having any motive in me. Everything was moving smoothly until around September, when I started noticing changes in the way she act towards me. From calling me everyday, to trying to bring food for me and coming to my shop to feed me wherever she is eating, then on Sundays she will call and ask me to come visit her or vice versa so we can see/talk. This I always decline, sometimes by cooking up a lie (which I don't like doing). Anytime I travel or didn't make it to the market, she will be calling me and saying that she is missing me and that I should do and come back as she can't wait to see me. Any day, anytime, she will always draw up scenarios that will bring us together, and on my part I will always bring up something to spoil her plan, and one can see the disappointment on her face whenever I thwart her plan.

All this got me worried as her gestures towards me is way above that of a normal friend (and still growing) to the extent that people in the same line with us are already having the notion that we are dating (though I don't care what they think). This lady am taking about is someone who goes to church always and she is prayerful, so am ruling out the possibility of a sex*al attraction towards me and just to add, she is way older than me.
The incident that broke the camel's back was when she started telling me stories of men that got married to women who were older than them and how successful the marriage turned out to be. This just confirmed my fear as to the fact that she maybe having in her mind that we may end up together as a couple.

Now, I want to put an end to all these, but I don't know how to go it. And I really want to do it in a way that I won't appear ungrateful and rude, as she has really tried for me.

NB:The lady in question is an active nairalander, so there are certain info that I didn't put up there in other not to blow my cover.
Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by INTROVERT(f): 9:04am On Oct 08, 2015
Are you a man or a boy?
Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by AltarBoy1: 9:06am On Oct 08, 2015
Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by FruityLass: 9:07am On Oct 08, 2015
cheesy

God don't want you for wahala.....
Lady don wakacome by self
Wetin remain grin

Ol d things wey I dey read for NL sef

Ok, Op are you also interested or just being strong head?
Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by AltarBoy1: 9:08am On Oct 08, 2015
INTROVERT:
Are you a man or a boy?
Why do you ask.
Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by AltarBoy1: 9:11am On Oct 08, 2015
FruityLass:
cheesy
na land you come buy.
Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by Hazardd(m): 9:19am On Oct 08, 2015
tell her your mind the earlier the better... Abi you wan make we tell her for you?
Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by AltarBoy1: 9:21am On Oct 08, 2015
FruityLass:
cheesy

God don't want you for wahala.....
Lady don wakacome by self
Wetin remain grin

Ol d things wey I dey read for NL sef

Ok, Op are you also interested or just being strong head?
Am not.
Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by Tallesty1(m): 9:24am On Oct 08, 2015
INTROVERT:
Are you a man or a boy?
Not necessary.

@OP, you gotta be careful sha, you have made few mistakes already but nothing spoil.

Had a similar experience in Benue state.

It started the very day I opened the shop, her first move was to help me sweep but I refused.

Second time was to help wash few of my clothes but I refused.

She even brought food on few occasions but I didn't accept any.

She got tired and stop trying.

Later that same year, another guy took the shop next to her own and the lady did the same thing. He fell for it and they started dating. Everything was good in the beginning, she dey even use him do yanga for me but who cares?

They had a serious argument argument one day and the lady threw a bucketfull of water inside the guys shop(a chemist shop) no need telling tell you the amount he lost, just becareful.

It works for others but I don't date girls that are that close to me. Especially in business, nah.....

It is business or nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by AltarBoy1: 9:26am On Oct 08, 2015
Hazardd:
tell her your mind the earlier the better... Abi you wan make we tell her for you?
I can count like three occasions where I jokingly told her my stand with her. I told her in such a way that, a normal thinking person would understand. But it seems like she didn't buy it.
Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by AltarBoy1: 9:27am On Oct 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
Not necessary.
Help me tell her.
Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by jaey(m): 9:31am On Oct 08, 2015
If you don't have anything for her( which am not certain of) you need to call the said lady and have a serious talk as to which way you the supposed guy want it to be.

#except
#my2kobo
Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by senorB(f): 9:31am On Oct 08, 2015
INTROVERT:
Are you a man or a boy?

see question... cant you see his name- AltarBoy
Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by Ikaosunwon(m): 9:32am On Oct 08, 2015
AltarBoy1:
Why do you ask.
1) As in how old are you & the lady involved 2) why do you want to put an end to it? & besides if don't want to have anything to do with someone, why u still indulging her?

1 Like

Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by Kingsasian(m): 9:47am On Oct 08, 2015
@op, is she beautiful, attractive, articulate or presentable? Does she possess the qualities you need in your kind of woman? Age alone shouldn't be a barrier.

1 Like

Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by goodmorning40: 9:48am On Oct 08, 2015
This ur story have made me burn my plantains and splash hot oil on my hands
Can I get a sooory
Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by AltarBoy1: 9:52am On Oct 08, 2015
Ikaosunwon:

1) As in how old are you & the lady involved 2) why do you want to put an end to it? & besides if don't want to have anything to do with someone, why u still indulging her?
Am i my mid 20 and she, above 30. Am not indulging in her. There is no say I can escape her as my shop us next to her. Like today, I didn't mk it to the market, but I have started seeing her missed calls already.
Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by AltarBoy1: 9:53am On Oct 08, 2015
goodmorning40:
This ur story have made me burn my plantains and splash hot oil on my hands
Can I get a sooory
Sorry bro. But, can I get a taste of your plantain.
Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 08, 2015
Feign an epilepsy attack in her presence.

Or the next time she tells you about her marriages tell her about the girl that gave you HIV.

If these don't deter her then she's a keeper and you two should get married.
Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by AltarBoy1: 9:57am On Oct 08, 2015
jaey:
If you don't have anything for her( which am not certain of) you need to call the said lady and have a serious talk as to which way you the supposed guy want it to be.

#except
#my2kobo
My body language hv always shown that I want everything to end at the market. But she is not getting it. And since she has not explicitly stated what's on her mind, I can't just sit her down and start talking about it.
Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by goodmorning40: 9:59am On Oct 08, 2015
AltarBoy1:
Sorry bro. But, can I get a taste of your plantain.
The thing burn blackoo and it's bitter, but if u don't mind just open ur mouth wide hold it still for sometime let me throw the plantain through nairaland I have faith it will deliver
Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by AltarBoy1: 10:05am On Oct 08, 2015
Kingsasian:
@op, is she beautiful, attractive, articulate or presentable? Does she possess the qualities you need in your kind of woman? Age alone shouldn't be a barrier.
Truth be told, the character that she presented is a very good one. She is a hundred yards wife material. But, am not thinking of getting married soon. Even if I become Dangote today, it will still take me like 5years before I start to think about marriage.
Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by AltarBoy1: 10:07am On Oct 08, 2015
goodmorning40:

The thing burn blackoo and it's bitter, but if u don't mind just open ur mouth wide hold it still for sometime let me throw the plantain through nairaland I have faith it will deliver
Am already eating rice, so just send d plantain info the rice. Your username to you.
Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by goodmorning40: 10:12am On Oct 08, 2015
AltarBoy1:
Am already eating rice, so just send d plantain info the rice. Your username to you.
Not it will miss the rice, only mouth scent it recognizes.
My username back at u
Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by obiak4(m): 10:14am On Oct 08, 2015
AltarBoy1:
Am i my mid 20 and she, above 30. Am not indulging in her. There is no say I can escape her as my shop us next to her. Like today, I didn't mk it to the market, but I have started seeing her missed calls already.
you lack guts bro no guts no glory end of my story but incase you need someone to tell her off send me her number on 08151164299 she no go try come near you again
Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by AltarBoy1: 10:15am On Oct 08, 2015
Karmanaut:
Feign an epilepsy attack in her presence.

Or the next time she tells you about her marriages tell her about the girl that gave you HIV.

If these don't deter her then she's a keeper and you two should get married.
lol. You really funny.
Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by AltarBoy1: 10:16am On Oct 08, 2015
goodmorning40:

Not it will miss the rice, only mouth scent it recognizes.
My username back at u
hmmm. Your plantain na heat sensitive missile?
Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by Kingsasian(m): 10:18am On Oct 08, 2015
AltarBoy1:
Truth be told, the character that she presented is a very good one. She is a hundred yards wife material. But, am not thinking of getting married soon. Even if I become Dangote today, it will still take me like 5years before I start to think about marriage.
then its easy. Sit her down and tell her that. So that she doesn't feel hurt on the long run.
Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by Hazardd(m): 10:20am On Oct 08, 2015
INTROVERT:
Are you a man or a boy?

stupid question coming from this forum bot... Is like s.eun didn't programmed you well..
Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by Enoquin(f): 10:22am On Oct 08, 2015
When she started telling you stories of older women marrying young men, you should have listened, nodded your head to some of her points and then tell her your stand.

She: Like three women I know that got married to younger men; they are so happily married. I would like to get married to a younger man

You: Hmmm...true. Marriage sometimes can work irrespective of the ages of the party BUT I don't want an elderly woman for a wife. I want a young wife because men get married to young women too and are happily married.
So, what is oga waiting for na, me I wan come chop rice.

She: No oga oh...oga for where. I am still looking up to God.

You: Sha do fast...no let me do my own before you do your own...one babe dey my area...etc.

What have you done in this convo? You have stated your stand.

She tries to feed you...tell her you don't eat from single women as you don't want any issue with 'her' oga; she tries to sweep for you...ask her how much she will take for sweeping. She calls you too much; pick it, say you are a bit busy. She says she misses you, tell her not to miss you before your madam gets mad.

She is playing a subtle game and you should play the game with her as well. Be courteous, never let down your guard but do not show contempt.

6 Likes

Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by goodmorning40: 10:24am On Oct 08, 2015
AltarBoy1:
hmmm. Your plantain na heat sensitive missile?
Right on point.
Now back to ur issue, ur female friend is a desperate woman and it is very easy to offend such people, be careful.
Henceforth begin to refuse her help or favors, maintain a reasonable distance from her no checking on her nor bumping into her shop, don't call her. Whenever u have the opportunity tell her how u can never marry a woman a day older than u are
Gradually she will withdraw
Re: Plz, I Seriously Need An Advice by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 08, 2015
AltarBoy1:
lol. You really funny.
I'm serious.
Essentially you're killing two birds with one stone:
First of all it might deter her, which you want.
Second it serves as a "test" of sorts: if she's pursuing a romantic relationship with you you'd want to make sure that she's loyal no matter what.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do People Give Birth To Children They Don’t Need? / Is It Okay For Me To Cheat? / What Should One Look At Before Entering Into Marriage Relationship.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.