Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,011 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Nigerians Studying In Abroad Are No Better. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerians Studying In Abroad Are No Better. (1830 Views)

See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There / What Do You Think This Guy Is Studying In The University? / Nigerian Students Abroad Are On Their Own - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Studying In Abroad Are No Better. by bufness(m): 11:38am On Oct 08, 2015
where should i even start.... okay... so last week a cousin of mine studying in ireland was bragging on Facebook that she made a second class upper, even though i was happy for her i could not help but feel that i that am struggling, in a nigerian university would flawlessly make a first class, in any institution abroad,because when she was here i was actually better than her.

Honestly i dont understand why we nigerians see other nigerians counterparts who study abroad and come out with first class as being super intelligent, to me i feel any average nigerian student, can go abroad and get a first class or second class upper, you cannot however say the same of a student here in nigeria, just imagine a scenario whereby those students that study abroad, come over here to study in nigeria, do you think they will actually make such grades?

Fact is institutions in overseas are easier than those over here, is it here that a student who refuses a lecturers advances and even though such students reads and burn the midnight candle, he still would not, pass why? simply because such student is alredy in the black books of a lecturer, for what offence? refusing to sleep with a lecturer.

However which lecturer has time for such in oversea, truth is, if an average nigerian goes to, lets say united states to study and such a student is serious and reads with the intensity nigerian students are known to read for, do you think he or she wouldn't pass, or wouldn't be appreciated by their lecturers, of course they would, truth is, most of the white kids dont really give a damn about education, they are mostly intersted in other stuffs like music, however when a lecturer over there sees a nigerian student, whose mentality is too read as he has been taught in nigerian.....he would be surprised that an individual can be thatt brilliant (hin head go burst), meanwhile such student might just be an average student in nigeria.

my conclusion is that nigerian student are not dullards especially those of us studying over here, so people should not, think anybody coming out with first class in overseas has three heads.
THANKS..
Re: Nigerians Studying In Abroad Are No Better. by emmkid(m): 12:55pm On Oct 08, 2015
bufness:
where should i even start.... okay... so last week a cousin of mine studying in ireland was bragging on Facebook that she made a second class upper, even though i was happy for her i could not help but feel that i that am struggling, in a nigerian university would flawlessly make a first class, in any institution abroad,because when she was here i was actually better than her.

Honestly i dont understand why we nigerians see other nigerians counterparts who study abroad and come out with first class as being super intelligent, to me i feel any average nigerian student, can go abroad and get a first class or second class upper, you cannot however say the same of a student here in nigeria, just imagine a scenario whereby those students that study abroad, come over here to study in nigeria, do you think they will actually make such grades?

Fact is institutions in overseas are easier than those over here, is it here that a student who refuses a lecturers advances and even though such students reads and burn the midnight candle, he still would not, pass why? simply because such student is alredy in the black books of a lecturer, for what offence? refusing to sleep with a lecturer.

However which lecturer has time for such in oversea, truth is, if an average nigerian goes to, lets say united states to study and such a student is serious and reads with the intensity nigerian students are known to read for, do you think he or she wouldn't pass, or wouldn't be appreciated by their lecturers, of course they would, truth is, most of the white kids dont really give a damn about education, they are mostly intersted in other stuffs like music, however when a lecturer over there sees a nigerian student, whose mentality is too read as he has been taught in nigerian.....he would be surprised that an individual can be thatt brilliant (hin head go burst), meanwhile such student might just be an average student in nigeria.

my conclusion is that nigerian student are not dullards especially those of us studying over here, so people should not, think anybody coming out with first class in overseas has three heads.
THANKS..
Re: Nigerians Studying In Abroad Are No Better. by anthonykezy(m): 3:36am On Oct 09, 2015
bufness:

THANKS..
Please, you don't have a point! You are yet to understand the basic tenets of what education is all about, hence your poor analogy!
We have universities that lacked even a well equipped libraries, poor/non availability of basic facilities, poor learning environment, charlatan attitude on the part of both lecturers and students, red typism, etc!
I think if you have been in the labour market or working closely with the Human Resource Department of even the medium organisation, you will understand most Nigerian university products are poorly baked!
Except for most private universities, all our universities need total overhauling!
Yes, the average Nigerian student is ready to learn if provided with well learning environment. But for you to postulate white kids as not being ready to learn is highly laughable!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Studying In Abroad Are No Better. by bufness(m): 5:58am On Oct 09, 2015
anthonykezy:
Please, you don't have a point! You are yet to understand the basic tenets of what education is all about, hence your poor analogy!
We have universities that lacked even a well equipped libraries, poor/non availability of basic facilities, poor learning environment, charlatan attitude on the part of both lecturers and students, red typism, etc!
I think if you have been in the labour market or working closely with the Human Resource Department of even the medium organisation, you will understand most Nigerian university products are poorly baked!
Except for most private universities, all our universities need total overhauling!
Yes, the average Nigerian student is ready to learn if provided with well learning environment. But for you to postulate white kids as not being ready to learn is highly laughable!
i didnt say white kids are not ready to learn i said most of them, do you think if any og those student studyin abroad, studies here in nigeria without those equipment, they would also, pass out with those good grades

(1) (Reply)

Unilorin Commences Post UTME Screening Today (read Tips And Guidelines) / Admission: Atiba University, Oyo, Nigeria. / NABTEB Exam Timetable 2018 Is Out - Download In PDF Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.