Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

I Have A Dream - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Have A Dream (560 Views)

Story: A Dream Of A Mother [episode 1] / Seeking A Dream... / Thank God It Was All A Dream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Have A Dream by Singingbae(m): 5:51pm On Oct 08, 2015
I HAVE A DREAM I have a dream that.. One day The gullible in our land shall awake from the sleep lurred to The tenants of the streets shall live in human houses The faded glory shall be painted with bright hope Our mad democracy shall be healed completely Our heritage long stolen shall be regained The young shall grow with reasonable gumptions The tomorrow's leaders shall divorce the streets and alter with their conscience Our grey heads shall feed the nation with the purpose of their grayness And forsake the story of their fathers gone mad again The sacred dirty alter shall be washed as white as snow The birds shall regain their lost voices and the animal kingdom shall be reformed The feathers of the birds chopped will heal as they return to the altitude they'll fly I have a dream that the clothes of eating disorder shall tear And the barren lands shall flourish I have a dream that the lyrics of peace shall be sang on every lips across the land And the ground shall remain thirsty for the bloods of destinies it once drank The misplaced crown of glory shall return to the lion Even as all animals play, wine and dance to melodious tunes of unity I have a dream that the memories of our fathers shall live on The kingdoms shall climb the stairs And the dreams shall be no mere dreams I have a dream that the dream shall come true I have a dream that the time is now #ayoade elegbede (2015) #poetik_comrade #poetrywithlife 002 #ihaveadream

(1) (Reply)

Poem: Why Is Thy Sting? (1 Cor 15:55) / You Are Unique: 5 Ways To Build 'what' Will Differentiate You. / Not As You Think!: Inside The Prison.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.