Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,709 members, 7,831,215 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Nigeria Divided Over Sunday Oliseh And Vincent Enyeama Drama - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Divided Over Sunday Oliseh And Vincent Enyeama Drama (766 Views)

Sunday Oliseh And Nwakali In A Playful Mood (Photo) / Vincent Enyeama's Wife Speaks Up On His Retirement From Super Eagles / Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Divided Over Sunday Oliseh And Vincent Enyeama Drama by gistyinka(m): 6:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
After a falling out with super eagles coach, Sunday Oliseh, Nigeria’s goalie Vincent Enyeama announced his retirement from international football. The falling out came as a result of Enyema showing up late for camp after burying his mother last week.

Nigerians, who absolutely love the 13 year goalie veteran have reacted to the news of the retirement. While many have well wishes to him, others have turned their frustration towards the coach as they see him as the reason why Enyeama quit.

JJ. Omojuwa ✔@Omojuwa

Vincent Enyeama will always have my respect. I don't know what went down in camp so can't pass judgment but he'll always have my respect.

Is the Captainship of the Super Eagles the birthright of Vincent Enyeama? Why can't he emulate the gentle gait of Mikel Obi?

— WADA BETA PASS AUDU (@RadicalYouthMan)

Let's get one thing clear, 13yrs is no joke!Its a Shame Vincent Enyeama,one of africa's best goalkeeper is leaving @NGSuperEagles this way.

Avér Angweh ‏@DisAVERsef 8m8 minutes ago

Before Enyeama became a National hero, Oliseh shone bright and captained a greater Super Eagles team than Enyeamas'. He deserves his respect

For the records, there is no competition between Oliseh and Enyeama. They are both accomplished but they are not mates.

— 'Yemi Adebowale (@yemi_adebowale)

1. If you've ever wondered why Nigerians aren't a very patriotic people, look no further than this Oliseh v Enyeama issue. Its disgusting

— Igala_Elf (@countfreemont)

If Enyeama felt strongly about his captaincy, he should have approached Oliseh privately to discuss it, not challenge the coach openly.

— WADA BETA PASS AUDU

This is an epic reorganization of the Super Eagles. All thanks to the amazing Sunday Oliseh who says a retiring player can't be team captain

— IG : Yeancarh_smylez (@yeancarh)
Nigeria Divided Over Sunday Oliseh and Vincent Enyeama Drama : Nigerians Reaction Over Vincent Enyeama’s Retirement After Row With Super Eagle's Coach Sunday Oliseh

Re: Nigeria Divided Over Sunday Oliseh And Vincent Enyeama Drama by ajibola11(m): 6:12pm On Oct 08, 2015
Enyeama is great player
Re: Nigeria Divided Over Sunday Oliseh And Vincent Enyeama Drama by psucc(m): 6:34pm On Oct 08, 2015
Oliseh has missed the mark.

Stripping one of his rank can also be handled in a matured manner such that it doesn't hurt the reputation and dignity of the person affected.

We should learn to respect each other.
Re: Nigeria Divided Over Sunday Oliseh And Vincent Enyeama Drama by koyaolayinka(m): 7:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
I respect Vincent decision but i don't know what went well between them..

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Wins First FIFA Under 17 World Cup Match Against United States Of Americ / Nigeria Squad For CHAN (africa Nations Cup For Home Base Players) / Manchester United Appoints Mourinho As New Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.