Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,589 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

Henry Nwosu - Golden Eaglets Coach - Sacked! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Henry Nwosu - Golden Eaglets Coach - Sacked! (1933 Views)

Amara & Kanu Nwankwo With Thierry Henry (Photo) / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Henry Nwosu - Golden Eaglets Coach - Sacked! by proudly9ja(m): 8:19pm On Apr 23, 2009
Golden Eaglets coach Henry Nwosu has been given the boot by the Nigeria Football Federation.
Nwosu's position has been under threat since performing dismally at the Dubai Invitational tournament this month and the NFF Technical Committee, at their meeting in Abuja on Thursday, approved his dismissal.

The committee, headed by Taiwo Ogunjobi, met in Thursday in Abuja and recommended the replacement of the former Green Eagles captain.

A press statement by NFF spokesman Ademola Olajire after the meeting noted that "the U-17 team had been performing dismally and therefore recommends Nwosu’s replacement."

Nwosu's assistant, Monday Odigie has asked to take temporary charge of the team pending a substantive appointment.

Nigeria are defending Under-17 World champions, but under Alphonsus Dike, failed to qualify for the African championships, leading to Dike's dismissal.

Nwosu was asked to take charge but has come under unrelenting criticism over his selection and tactics.

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=8039

I think this is a wrong move as I don't know the criteria used in judging him and the U-17 competition is way too close for use to start again from the basics
Re: Henry Nwosu - Golden Eaglets Coach - Sacked! by proudly9ja(m): 8:50pm On Apr 23, 2009
I wonder who will coach the team next.
Re: Henry Nwosu - Golden Eaglets Coach - Sacked! by alabiakin: 9:39pm On Apr 23, 2009
No one should complain. That is what we always ask for.

Sack Amodu, sack Berti Vogts, sack Christian Chukwu, sack sack sack sack sack
Re: Henry Nwosu - Golden Eaglets Coach - Sacked! by pek(m): 9:09am On Apr 24, 2009
the worst mistake he made was to invite all his players from the local league and telling us they are real U17. somebody give me a break. i would have protested to FIFA.
Re: Henry Nwosu - Golden Eaglets Coach - Sacked! by proudly9ja(m): 10:21am On Apr 24, 2009
@PEK

I can bet that the next coach will do same if not even worse. This is because it is quite late to build a new U17 squad for a September/October competition especialy one that is being hosted at home and considering our win at all cost mentality.

I still think Nwosu should have been left alone at this stage. It is just too late!
Re: Henry Nwosu - Golden Eaglets Coach - Sacked! by MrCrackles(m): 10:23am On Apr 24, 2009
Na wa ooo!
Re: Henry Nwosu - Golden Eaglets Coach - Sacked! by OLADO(m): 1:08pm On Apr 24, 2009
i will do the job. ;d
Re: Henry Nwosu - Golden Eaglets Coach - Sacked! by Andy1985ng(m): 1:38pm On Apr 24, 2009
I had a bet that all coaches that start a team in Nigeria for various tournaments from now till 2010 except the female teams WILL be sacked (Brosso & Nwosu), it remains Amodu, my money will be doubled for sure!
Re: Henry Nwosu - Golden Eaglets Coach - Sacked! by drucheGoD(m): 1:43pm On Apr 24, 2009
Interesting news, but sadly that's the nature of the game. When a team performs poorly, somebody has got to take the hit. The NFF are probably trying to cover their asses by doing something dramatic, considering the poor run of form the Eaglets are experiencing. Now, unless the Eaglets can somehow pull a surprise and win the upcoming competition, there will be enough blame to go around. However, the NFF is quietly aware that the backlash will be dampened if they fail with a new coach than if they had continued with Nwosu whose tactics and results were widely criticized.
Re: Henry Nwosu - Golden Eaglets Coach - Sacked! by moi2(f): 1:48pm On Apr 24, 2009
@topic
Na today? Very typical of Naija!
Re: Henry Nwosu - Golden Eaglets Coach - Sacked! by amaikama(m): 1:53pm On Apr 24, 2009
@poster!! i never knew golden eaglet had a coach before? that wonderful!! grin
Re: Henry Nwosu - Golden Eaglets Coach - Sacked! by s4: 2:36pm On Apr 24, 2009
The guy would have fumble, wumble, and finally stumble at the world cup. How can a good coach say there is under 17 players in our leage. Infact as for me, his sack has been due before now.

Let him go. Shameless man. He started playing for Nigeria at a very tender age (just from secondary school then), now he is denying the real under 17s to shine and excel.

This man (Nwosu Henry) represent the old generation of Nigerians that should go with the COMING REVOLUTION so that this Great Country Nigeria can RAISE Again.

Thanks.

God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Henry Nwosu - Golden Eaglets Coach - Sacked! by maddock(m): 4:17pm On Apr 24, 2009
At times i wonder at the ingenuity of our Coaches, like the last post rightly stated how on earth does he think he can get U-17 players in the league, he is already telling the world he wants to go with over-aged players. They should look for someone who is ready to go to the grassroot and believe me there are plenty of them there.
Re: Henry Nwosu - Golden Eaglets Coach - Sacked! by ohhippie(m): 4:52pm On Apr 24, 2009
sack this sack that.the truth is dat those doing the sacking are the ones dat deserve the sacking,the ogunjobis of this world etc.they have forgotten dat it took westerhoff some years to build a good team and start winning,yeye people.yaradua is not performing and they have refused to sack him.i know the ogunjobis have a candidate waiting,he too will fail.
Re: Henry Nwosu - Golden Eaglets Coach - Sacked! by naso2(m): 5:06pm On Apr 24, 2009
Good for him , when a coach at that level is looking for finshed product in the local league then he should leave.

Whatever happens now let them start early to prepare another team for 2011, invite Oliseh let him start with the u-17.

I strongly believe Siasia and Oliseh are the new generation coaches that will take nigeria back to the glory days.
Re: Henry Nwosu - Golden Eaglets Coach - Sacked! by maddock(m): 5:13pm On Apr 24, 2009
ohhippie:

sack this sack that.the truth is dat those doing the sacking are the ones dat deserve the sacking,the ogunjobis of this world etc.they have forgotten dat it took westerhoff some years to build a good team and start winning,yeye people.yaradua is not performing and they have refused to sack him.i know the ogunjobis have a candidate waiting,he too will fail.

Thats not the point here, it would make a whole lot of sense for him to have been sacked because he took really young stars and could not perform very well. Instead of taking chaps old enuff to my elder brodas, if dem (ogunjobi) dey look for who to sack must he play into their hands
Re: Henry Nwosu - Golden Eaglets Coach - Sacked! by kshow1(m): 5:42pm On Apr 24, 2009
My people, i no understand our football body again o !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well maybe them wan employ Jim Maglinton (former Ipswich town coach) wey them just repalce with Roy Keane yesterday ,   lol
Re: Henry Nwosu - Golden Eaglets Coach - Sacked! by chidexy(m): 5:50pm On Apr 24, 2009
Bad strategy. It had been published elsewhere that he lost favor with some administrators because he insisted on using young boys from academies instead of overaged boys from the league.And also that some people at NFA (or is it NFF) tried to impose players on him and he turned them down.

Whoever is appointed next should never use overaged players to play during the tournament. That has been the bane of our football development
Re: Henry Nwosu - Golden Eaglets Coach - Sacked! by Dammyray(m): 5:51pm On Apr 24, 2009
I don't like saying anything on naija football because it makes me feel bad, why on earth will he be sack he played how many matches and how many did he lose win and draw
about naija football board they are the cuz of all this maybe once in 3 months they should be able to organise a seminar for this coaches,no but they like sacking like eaten and again Henry said that ogunjobi wants him to include his 90yrs old boys to the under 17 team squared is that making any sense at all i think they should be the once to be sacked
Re: Henry Nwosu - Golden Eaglets Coach - Sacked! by s4: 8:22pm On Apr 24, 2009
My people use to say, it is not How Far, But How Well. How many matches he played does not matter, but how well he executed the match and all the materials at his disposal. He has been engaged now more than six (6) months ago.

If a pot is black let us say it is black Henry Nwosu will disgrace us all if he is left back to continue.

With the situation now, the result might now be too painful considering this mess.
Re: Henry Nwosu - Golden Eaglets Coach - Sacked! by md4real(m): 11:27pm On Apr 24, 2009
when nwosu carry big fathers to place an age grade competition coupled with sentiments from every angle in selection of player how can he succeed? it not the coach, it his choice of player and environment he works in. you know how this things work in nigeria. his sack will not change anything until the new coach is given frehand.
Re: Henry Nwosu - Golden Eaglets Coach - Sacked! by SamMilla1(m): 11:38pm On Apr 24, 2009
These Politicians again,,,
This guy has a splendid record.

Instead of sacking Amodu, they sacked the wrong guy.

Idiots
Re: Henry Nwosu - Golden Eaglets Coach - Sacked! by nzube90: 1:51pm On May 11, 2009
visit www.heartland-fc.com we need your opinion on how to get there caf champions league

(1) (Reply)

Heartland Book Caf Champions League Semi-final Ticket / Reasons INDIAN Was Banned From Football By Fifa / FREE SPORTS PREDICTIONS You Can Rely On Always

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.