Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,032 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Anyone Who Knows How To Code Wordpress Should Assist Me I Need Help!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Anyone Who Knows How To Code Wordpress Should Assist Me I Need Help!!!!!!!!!!!!! (627 Views)

Pls Who Knows How To Add Share Buttons To Blogger / Why Every Blogger Should Learn To Code / !!!!!!!!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Who Knows How To Code Wordpress Should Assist Me I Need Help!!!!!!!!!!!!! by LegendsCoded(m): 11:11pm On Oct 08, 2015
I AM FINDING IT DIFFICULT TO DO THIS FOLLOWING THINGS IN MY WORDPRESS SIT
THEY ARE LISTED BELOW
1. HOW TO SET MY HOME POST HO SHOW THIS WAY

​2. HOW TO SHOW MY CATEGORY POSTS LIKE THIS "THE ROUNDED THUMBNAIL & STYLE"

THANKS

Re: Anyone Who Knows How To Code Wordpress Should Assist Me I Need Help!!!!!!!!!!!!! by dwebdesign(m): 12:34am On Oct 09, 2015
to achieve that you need to understand the wordpress loop, and how to use the wordpress template tags and functions. just to help out,

when a wordpress site is initiated, certain loops run, one of the type is for the posts and also for custom post types.

just to be clear and help out, go to your loop.php, where the loop runs,

you should see

<?php if (have_posts()): while(have_posts()): the_post(); ?> // this is the loop. now next you use the template tags to structure the results of the loop/query.

to out just the titles of the posts alone linked to the single page for the post,

use the wordpress template tag, "the_title()" ,

and the link it up , so you have

<a href="<?php the_permalink();?>"><?php the_title();?></a>
then end the loop,

<?php endwhile;
endif;
?>
that will give you the layout.

for the image thumbnail, its all css.

you can contact me to write the template for you .

so the code looks like this all together:

<?php if (have_posts()): while(have_posts()): the_post(); ?>
<a href="<?php the_permalink();?>"><?php the_title();?></a>
<?php endwhile; endif;?>

then you use css for the image thumbnail on the single.php file, also you will need use wordpress function called the_post_thumbnail();

on a single post page, to achieve what is up there,

write in your single.php file,

<?php get_template_part('loop');?>
<?php the post_thumbnail();?>

thats all, if you don't understand, contact me below:
Re: Anyone Who Knows How To Code Wordpress Should Assist Me I Need Help!!!!!!!!!!!!! by LegendsCoded(m): 9:15am On Oct 19, 2015
thanks for the replies i have done the no1. section and also the no2. but the thumbnails ain't big the way i customized it

(1) (Reply)

App And Web Ui Designer / Php/mysql And Web App Developers Needed / Share Tips To Increase Domain Authority Of Your Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.