Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? (4598 Views)

Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question / Johan Huibers Builds Noah's Ark Replica To Prove The Bible Was Right (pics) / NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Nobody: 12:22am On Oct 10, 2015
i pity una on the day of reckoning, better repent and follow Christ
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Richirich713: 5:45am On Oct 10, 2015
Antiparticle:
While I can understand your frustration at non-theists' assertions that Noah's flood didn't exist, I don't follow your line of argument that it must be materially disproved before it can be considered implausible.

The story of the flood is implausible because Noah supposedly collected male and female of every species on the ark. There are millions of species of animals on earth, some microscopic and some extremely large. To be objective, do you really think Noah went around the earth to collect two of every of these millions of species?

Even with all the scientists in the world today, there are still millions of animal species that we haven't discovered. How is it possible for one man, Noah, to have collected male and female of millions of species on earth? This is such an extraordinarily enormous claim that is at best fishy (trying so hard to be objective here). This is why such a story is considered false unless proved or unless a credible rational argument is presented on its behalf.

As a result, the burden of proof is on those who claim that the flood actually happened, not on those who consider it mythical.

Noah was not told to collect pairs of "millions of species". He was told to take two or seven of every KIND of animal on the earth.

U can't just assume "Kind" means "species".

It could easy refer to animals that are fertile within their own groups. Any dog can breed with any dog, therefore, dogs are one kind. "Kind" meaning is more likely closely to the term "genus" than the term "species"

And if the animals were being group as a genus there could have been approximately 8000 genera(plural of genus) during Noah time or if u want to include extinct genera, there would have been approximately 16,000 individual animals which had to be aboard on the ark.

Now obviously this is just an estimate.

Also God did not tell Noah to collect microorganisms, he said land animals that have the breath of life.

Also Noah didn't gather the animals.

"Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground WILL COME TO YOU to be kept alive". Genesis(6:20)

Again the burden is not on christians, if someone can't prove something it does not mean that something must be false.

It means it's unknown not false. It's only false if u prove it false. There was a time people couldn't prove Pythagoras theorem yet people didn't say it's false cuz u can't prove it, they said it's unknown.

U atheists believe there's no God but u can't prove that at all. U people believe in Charles Darwin theories, even tho he couldn't prove them.

So all I see here is double standards. U believe in things which u cannot prove yet u ask Christians why he believes in things which they cannot prove.
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Chizzled06(m): 6:33am On Oct 10, 2015
My favourite part of this story is the laughable claim that this is the invention and origin of rainbows.

Those prehistoric herdsmen who wrote this were clueless. But you really can't blame them.

It's modern day believers of this folklore, with all the access to information that they have, that have no excuse to remain ignorant.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Richirich713: 6:51am On Oct 10, 2015
Chizzled06:
My favourite part of this story is the laughable claim that this is the invention and origin of rainbows.

Those prehistoric herdsmen who wrote this were clueless. But you really can't blame them.

It's modern day believers of this folklore, with all the access to information that they have, that have no excuse to remain ignorant.

What is laughable here is the way u atheists misinterpreted the Bible.

No where does the bible ever say God created the Rainbow when he made his covenant with noah.

No where does the Bible say Noah gather animals grouped in species nor does the bible ever say Noah should gather microorganisms.

U people are just giving ur own interpretation instead of interpreting the Bible in the correct way.
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Chizzled06(m): 6:59am On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

What is laughable here is the way u atheists misinterpreted the Bible.

No where does the bible ever say God created the Rainbow when he made his covenant with noah.

No where does the Bible say Noah gather animals grouped in species nor does the bible ever say Noah should gather microorganisms.

U people are just giving ur own interpretation instead of interpreting the Bible in the correct way.

You're blaming the wrong being here.

Your God had one chance to send out a divine text, to make all of mankind believe he exists. The best he could do was this. A mashed up compilation of books filled with numerous discrepancies and contradictions.

Then people like you claiming to be officially designated interpreters.

Truly laughable.
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Richirich713: 7:04am On Oct 10, 2015
"I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth" Genesis (9:13)

Does the verse say God created the Rainbow when he made his covenant.
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Richirich713: 7:08am On Oct 10, 2015
I
Chizzled06:

You're blaming the wrong being here.

Your God had one chance to send out a divine text, to make all of mankind believe he exists. The best he could do was this. A mashed up compilation of books filled with numerous discrepancies and contradictions.

Then people like you claiming to be officially designated interpreters.

Truly laughable.

No what's laughable is u misquoted the bible by saying it says God created the Rainbow when he made his covenant.
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Richirich713: 7:13am On Oct 10, 2015
Wrong again, mankind do believe God exists.

It's just u small group of people who don't.

Billions of people agree with me and billions of people disagree with u atheists.
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Chizzled06(m): 8:09am On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:
Wrong again, mankind do believe God exists.

It's just u small group of people who don't.

Billions of people agree with me and billions of people disagree with u atheists.

Yes, a lot of people still believe in the concept of God, but a lot less of them take the bible seriously.

Even the Vatican, spiritual headquarters of the vast majority of Christians, have accepted that Evolution, the Big Bang Theory are true.

Open up your mind. Learn more about the world. Contrary to what they've fed you, knowledge will not kill you.

1 Like

Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Richirich713: 9:06am On Oct 10, 2015
Chizzled06:

Yes, a lot of people still believe in the concept of God, but a lot less of them take the bible seriously.

Even the Vatican, spiritual headquarters of the[b] vast majority of Christians[/b], have accepted that Evolution, the Big Bang Theory are true.

Open up your mind. Learn more about the world. Contrary to what they've fed you, knowledge will not kill you.

I know that's a lie, The vast majority of Christians don't believe in evolution or the big bang theory.

And evens those few who do believe in the big bang also believe God cause the Big Bang.

Those few so called christians are the minority compared to the Billions of Christians who disagree with evolution and the big bang.

And I'm not just referring to christians, it's also Jews and Muslims and he many other religions that believe there is a God.
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Chizzled06(m): 9:49am On Oct 10, 2015
Richirich713:

I know that's a lie, The vast majority of Christians don't believe in evolution or the big bang theory.

And evens those few who do believe in the big bang also believe God cause the Big Bang.

Those few so called christians are the minority compared to the Billions of Christians who disagree with evolution and the big bang.

And I'm not just referring to christians, it's also Jews and Muslims and he many other religions that believe there is a God.

You misunderstood. I said the LEADERS of the sect of majority of Christians. ie. The Vatican has accepted those scientific theories as accurate.

You're allowed to disagree with anything you want to. You're allowed to ignore insurmountable evidence and choose to believe the theory of the origin of life as explained by prehistoric Jewish herdsmen. All your choice.

But you can't choose what is a fact. And facts remain true whether you choose to believe them or not.
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Richirich713: 10:08am On Oct 10, 2015
Chizzled06:

You misunderstood. I said the LEADERS of the sect of majority of Christians. ie. The Vatican has accepted those scientific theories as accurate.

You're allowed to disagree with anything you want to. You're allowed to ignore insurmountable evidence and choose to believe the theory of the origin of life as explained by prehistoric Jewish herdsmen. All your choice.

But you can't choose what is a fact. And facts remain true whether you choose to believe them or not.

What popes think is their choice, they don't speak for all christians.

Secondly evolution and the big bang are theories not facts. In fact Charles Darwin evolution is called his theory of evolution, just like hawking big bang theory.

They can't even prove their own theories but they want people to stop believing in God cuz people can't prove God exists in terms of their standard of what is proof.
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by sonmvayina(m): 8:53am On Oct 12, 2015
johnydon22:

I agree with you, the greeks are unmatched in eloquence and imaginative constructiveness of colourful myths.

their proficiency in poetic literature and outstanding storylines is very wonderful.

I enjoy Egyptian myths too, Sumerian myths are well written too, i love the names Enkidu, Aridu, Humbaba, it almost sounds African..

African myths are wonderfully colourful too, imaginatively sound and morally useful too..

These myths are relics of the ancient world, they should be taught and enjoyed as myths and legends that they are not taught and believed as truth as many has been made to believe ...

Its quite sad seeing Africans who are ignorant of their own local legends and myths here dragging over foreign myths.. Jewish and Arabic mythology..

its just too sad... We are free from colonial masters but still attached to them psychological through their greatest weapon.. Murder of our own religion and replace it with theirs

you keep calling these stories myths...just who decides what is myth, facts or true history?
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by johnydon22(m): 9:14am On Oct 12, 2015
sonmvayina:

you keep calling these stories myths...just who decides what is myth, facts or true history?

Here help yourself

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/myth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by tpiander: 9:17am On Oct 12, 2015
Chizzled06:

did you see any rainbows before then?
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by PRINCEZUKO1(m): 9:59am On Oct 12, 2015
lol, funny people, wanting some evidences of a 6000 year old event that involves wood that could decay in 100years for proof that the Bible is true.
Well, I don't need such an evidence cos I've seen with my own eyes...
Seen, that the consequences of evil is as the Bible says..
Seen, that the reward of good is as the Bible says..
Seen, that the values which it teaches actually helps those who live it the way its meant to be..
Seen, the powers which the Bible possesses are actually real and the most powerful that be, cos at the name of Jesus, there is always a witness of its potency.
Seen, that the prophecies which it gave milleniums ago about the current ages have actually come to play..

Its a pity if your philosophical minds would not allow you to grasp or acknowledge the Spiritual world, cos you're just like a 2 eyed man that'll still need glasses to see clearly...
I know that the Bible is True and I've seen its reality.
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by trapQ: 10:08am On Oct 12, 2015
It has been found. I think a poster above gave facts
hahn:
Of all the stories in the bible, the story of Noah and his ark has to be the most compelling and also the most probable to have left evidence. However, the ark has never been found despite the fact that it was big enough to contain all the animals in the world.

Christians, do you have any explanation for this?
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by trapQ: 10:11am On Oct 12, 2015
God bless you brother
PRINCEZUKO1:
lol, funny people, wanting some evidences of a 6000 year old event that involves wood that could decay in 100years for proof that the Bible is true.
Well, I don't need such an evidence cos I've seen with my own eyes...
Seen, that the consequences of evil is as the Bible says..
Seen, that the reward of good is as the Bible says..
Seen, that the values which it teaches actually helps those who live it the way its meant to be..
Seen, the powers which the Bible possesses are actually real and the most powerful that be, cos at the name of Jesus, there is always a witness of its potency.
Seen, that the prophecies which it gave milleniums ago about the current ages have actually come to play..

Its a pity if your philosophical minds would not allow you to grasp or acknowledge the Spiritual world, cos you're just like a 2 eyed man that'll still need glasses to see clearly...
I know that the Bible is True and I've seen its reality.
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Chizzled06(m): 11:19am On Oct 12, 2015
tpiander:

did you see any rainbows before then?

What are rainbows? Let's start from here
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by tpiander: 11:19am On Oct 12, 2015
yes, drop your definition of a rainbow.
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by sonmvayina(m): 11:31am On Oct 12, 2015
johnydon22:

Here help yourself

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/myth

i know the meaning of the word, my question is who decides the stories that are myths and which story is fact and which story is true history
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by johnydon22(m): 11:41am On Oct 12, 2015
sonmvayina:

i know the meaning of the word, my question is who decides the stories that are myths and which story is fact and which story is true history

Am not sure you know the meaning of that word because you wouldn't have repeated this same question .

A traditional, typically ancient story dealing with supernatural beings,ancestors, or heroes that serves as a fundamental type in the worldview of
a people, as by explaining aspects of the natural world or delineating the
psychology, customs, or ideals of society:

a story about superhuman beings of an earlier age taken by preliterate
society to be a true account, usually of how natural phenomena, social
customs, etc, came into existence

If you are asking about modern historical authentication then you talk about archeological finds, external records, authenticated artifacts, personal records etc. . You might as well simply go look up modern deduction of historically proven facts...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by sonmvayina(m): 12:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
johnydon22:

Am not sure you know the meaning of that word because you wouldn't have repeated this same question .

A traditional, typically ancient story dealing with supernatural beings,ancestors, or heroes that serves as a fundamental type in the worldview of
a people, as by explaining aspects of the natural world or delineating the
psychology, customs, or ideals of society:

a story about superhuman beings of an earlier age taken by preliterate
society to be a true account, usually of how natural phenomena, social
customs, etc, came into existence

If you are asking about modern historical authentication then you talk about archeological finds, external records, authenticated artifacts, personal records etc. . You might as well simply go look up modern deduction of historically proven facts...

i got all those, there is no where up there where it says the stories are false or lies?....that is my point. the fact they are mythologies does not mean they are false or does it?
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Antiparticle(m): 11:15pm On Oct 12, 2015
Genesis 6:19-21
"19 You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. 20 Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive. 21 You are to take every kind of food that is to be eaten and store it away as food for you and for them.”

Read above. God told Noah to collect two of every kind of animal, even every kind of every species. He specified this by using "every kind of bird" as an example. Your reinterpretation is wishful. He meant specie not genus.

But for the sake of debate, let me temporarily concede that God meant two of every genus (not species). I'll also for the sake of debate temporarily concede that every genus came to Noah and he didn't have to capture them himself... my question is how did land animals native to the Americas cross the Atlantic or Pacific ocean to get to the middle east? How did rattlesnakes make it there? American bisons? raccoons? armadillos? etc. Please answer.

Enormous claims require enormous proof bro. This is very fundamental. The burden of proof is on you/Christians that the Noah's ark story is true, and not on non-theists to prove that it is false. So if I told you to disprove the existence of ten-headed lizards with fifteen wings and hundred legs, would you take me seriously? I bet you wouldn't. In this same way, I don't take the Noah's ark story seriously. It is implausible, period.

Richirich713:

Noah was not told to collect pairs of "millions of species". He was told to take two or seven of every KIND of animal on the earth.
U can't just assume "Kind" means "species".
It could easy refer to animals that are fertile within their own groups. Any dog can breed with any dog, therefore, dogs are one kind. "Kind" meaning is more likely closely to the term "genus" than the term "species"
And if the animals were being group as a genus there could have been approximately 8000 genera(plural of genus) during Noah time or if u want to include extinct genera, there would have been approximately 16,000 individual animals which had to be aboard on the ark.
Now obviously this is just an estimate.
Also God did not tell Noah to collect microorganisms, he said land animals that have the breath of life.
Also Noah didn't gather the animals.
"Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground WILL COME TO YOU to be kept alive". Genesis(6:20)
Again the burden is not on christians, if someone can't prove something it does not mean that something must be false.
It means it's unknown not false. It's only false if u prove it false. There was a time people couldn't prove Pythagoras theorem yet people didn't say it's false cuz u can't prove it, they said it's unknown.

U atheists believe there's no God but u can't prove that at all. U people believe in Charles Darwin theories, even tho he couldn't prove them.
So all I see here is double standards. U believe in things which u cannot prove yet u ask Christians why he believes in things which they cannot prove.

1 Like

Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Armstrong508: 11:57pm On Oct 12, 2015
this is a very brilliant question but it seems Christian don't know their bible as well they thought they do because no xtian can answer the question
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Richirich713: 5:06am On Oct 13, 2015
Read above. God told Noah to collect two of every kind of animal, even every kind of every species. He specified this by using "every kind of bird" as an example. Your reinterpretation is wishful. He meant specie not genus.

Funny he said kind.

1st Birds can also be classified according to their genera.

2nd evens if Noah had to collect every species, the ark still would have been big enough for all the animals.

But for the sake of debate, let me temporarily concede that God meant two of every genus (not species). I'll also for the sake of debate temporarily concede that every genus came to Noah and he didn't have to capture them himself... my question is how did land animals native to the Americas cross the Atlantic or Pacific ocean to get to the middle east? How did rattlesnakes make it there? American bisons? raccoons? armadillos? etc. Please answer.

• u assuming that the continents were split and not 1 continent.

•God does not say how they will get there.

•How did moses free the Hebrew slaves from Pharoah ?

•u assuming the creator can't do miracles and can only do what ur man made science laws say.

Enormous claims require enormous proof bro. This is very fundamental. The burden of proof is on you/Christians that the Noah's ark story is true, and not on non-theists to prove that it is false. So if I told you to disprove the existence of ten-headed lizards with fifteen wings and hundred legs, would you take me seriously? I bet you wouldn't. In this same way, I don't take the Noah's ark story seriously. It is implausible, period.

• does the world take u seriously wen u say the world is just a random thing that happen to create a entire universe super intelligently.

• does this world take u seriously when u say there's no God? I bet they don't cuz they realized that planets like earth and universes like this don't just happen randomly.

•not having proof doesn't mean something false

•evidence does not last 4eva, it gets lost.

•if atheist could prove that all religions were false that would still not mean there's no God, cuz at the end they can't prove that the world came in existence by itself or prove that the world is eternal.

• they don't have a alternative to explain how such a world was created.

• but as we no atheists can't prove that God doesn't exist, instead they prove the world had a beginning ,again supporting the belief that the is a eternal creator.
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Ade345(m): 6:00am On Oct 13, 2015
truthman2012:
The ark was made of wood. How long does wood last?

This response above, answers ur question completely.
Re: If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? by Richirich713: 6:10am On Oct 13, 2015
Atheist should not be called people who don't believe in God.

They should be called people who don't believe in religion.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mercy Versus Judgement / Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? / [download Album.] Mali Music The Transition Of Mali Full

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.