Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? (4590 Views)

What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian? / Who Is Jesus To You? / Shiites Give A Drawing Of Jesus To Christians In Bauchi To Promote Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Rossikk(m): 4:20pm On Jun 26, 2016
Has any of you christians researched this bible character to know if he truly lived?
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by director007: 4:37pm On Jun 26, 2016
Rossikk:
Has any of you christians researched this bible character to know if he truly lived?
if he did not lived u would ave been a dead person

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Rossikk(m): 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2016
director007:
if he did not lived u would ave been a dead person
You haven't answered the question.
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by director007: 4:54pm On Jun 26, 2016
Rossikk:
You haven't answered the question.
. Ave answered u he lived and forever more.
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Rossikk(m): 4:58pm On Jun 26, 2016
director007:
. Ave answered u he lived and forever more.
Do you know what the word 'research' means?

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Anas09: 5:01pm On Jun 26, 2016
Rossikk:
Have you researched and found out he never existed? Let's start with you.
Let me help you a little in your research.

1. Find out if there was a Roman Empire?
2. Was there a time the Roman Empire occupied Judea?
3. Was there ever a Roman Emperor by name Caesar? Augustus? What Year Was that?
4. Find out if he ever call for a Census.
You see, that was when Jesus we born. During that Census.
5. Fine out if there is a Medo-Pasian Order today called Zoroasterianism.
You know why you shd know? This is why, the three wise men whose existence depended on stargazing (Astrology) were the ones who presented Christ with gifts when he was born.
And, how did they know about the Messiah that shd be born? Daniel left his books of prophesy in Babylon.

6. Is there a city called Bethlehem? That's were he was born.
7. Is there a Jerusalem today? He Died there.
8. Is there anywhere like Egypt today? He was taken there to keep him from being killed after the Zoroasterians went back to Pasia agaisnt Herod's orders.
9. Guy, The Nation of Israel is not a Christian nation, they don't believe in Christ as the Messiah, but what shd amaze you is this, why did they preserve relics of Christ' death and resurrection?
10. Are Jesus' prophesies coming to pass? Have you been on Nairaland? Am not even saying the world, I mean NL here.
Remember you don't need the Bible to find out these facts. So don't tell me, the Bible is a Fabled book. Pure history. Do your work.

Good luck with your research. Thank me later for cueing you up.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Rossikk(m): 5:07pm On Jun 26, 2016
Anas09:

Have you researched and found out he never existed? Let's start with you.
Let me help you a little in your research.

1. Find out if there was a Roman Empire?
2. Was there a time the Roman Empire occupied Judea?
3. Was there ever a Roman Emperor by name Caesar? Augustus? What Year Was that?
4. Find out if he ever call for a Census.
You see, that was when Jesus we born. During that Census.
5. Fine out if there is a Medo-Pasian Order today called Zoroasterianism.
You know why you shd know? This is why, the three wise men whose existence depended on stargazing (Astrology) were the ones who presented Christ with gifts when he was born.
And, how did they know about the Messiah that shd be born? Daniel left his books of prophesy in Babylon.

6. Is there a city called Bethlehem? That's were he was born.
7. Is there a Jerusalem today? He Died there.
8. Is there anywhere like Egypt today? He was taken there to keep him from being killed after the Zoroasterians went back to Pasia agaisnt Herod's orders.
9. Guy, The Nation of Israel is not a Christian nation, they don't believe in Christ as the Messiah, but what shd amaze you is this, why did they preserve relics of Christ' death and resurrection?
10. Are Jesus' prophesies coming to pass? Have you been on Nairaland? Am not even saying the world, I mean NL here.
Remember you don't need the Bible to find out these facts. So don't tell me, the Bible is a Fabled book. Pure history. Do your work.

Good luck with your research. Thank me later for cueing you up.

How does the existence of those places imply that 'Jesus' existed? Achebe wrote about Eastern Nigeria under English occupation. Does that mean Okonkwo and Ikemefuna were real people?

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by thorpido(m): 5:18pm On Jun 26, 2016
Rossikk:
How does the existence of those places imply that 'Jesus' existed? Achebe wrote about Eastern Nigeria under English occupation. Does that mean Okonkwo and Ikemefuna were real people?
You didn't answer anas09's questions.Prove he didn't exist by answering those questions.
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by DeSepiero(m): 5:27pm On Jun 26, 2016
thorpido:
You didn't answer anas09's questions.Prove he didn't exist by answering those questions.

Are you OK?

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Anas09: 5:27pm On Jun 26, 2016
Rossikk:
Are you sure you read my post?
You mentioned RESEARCH, historical research, I didn't tell you to pick the Bible and read. I said use what I gave you to find out that Jesus never existed, if you can eliminate those locations, characters and Order, then you can dismiss Christ.
You asked if we have researched to find out if Christ ever existed, and I responded by saying you shd prove that he didn't first.
I went on to give you cues as you go along with your research.
Chinua Achebe was a fiction writer. He created his utopian society, using fictitious characters, and locations. But the locations, and names I Gave you are not fictitious, except you want to say they are.

Okay guy. Let's pick the points I raised and treat them.
You go first. Dismantle them, one after the other.
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Rossikk(m): 5:29pm On Jun 26, 2016
thorpido:
What questions did he ask? Did Rome, Caesar, Jerusalem, Egypt, Bethlehem etc exist, and therefore?
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Rossikk(m): 5:35pm On Jun 26, 2016
Anas09:

Are you sure you read my post?
You mentioned RESEARCH, historical research, I didn't tell you to pick the Bible and read. I said use what I gave you to find out that Jesus never existed, if you can eliminate those locations, characters and Order, then you can dismiss Christ.
You asked if we have researched to find out if Christ ever existed, and I responded by saying you shd prove that he didn't first.
I went on to give you cues as you go along with your research.
Chinua Achebe was a fiction writer. He created his utopian society, using fictitious characters, and locations. But the locations, and names I Gave you are not fictitious, except you want to say they are.

Okay guy. Let's pick the points I raised and treat them.
You go first. Dismantle them, one after the other.
Dude, fiction writers frequently use actual place-names and the names of kings etc, as the setting for their stories. Read Shakespeare's works for instance. So the fact you see names like Rome and Jerusalem and Herod in the bible does not mean there was a real person named Jesus.

And stop asking me to prove a negative. The onus is on YOU to prove the existence of this character. So far, you haven't done that

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by ValentineMary(m): 5:49pm On Jun 26, 2016
Jesus did exist but his story is mixed with many legends. The authors of the gospel were anonymous and it was wtitten hundreds of years after Jesus died. But there are no records of his existence though , no records of the earthquake they claimed happened at his death, no Nazareth until about 300AD, etc. So the gospel was just a made up story.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Anas09: 5:52pm On Jun 26, 2016
Rossikk:
What questions did he ask? Did Rome, Caesar, Jerusalem, Egypt, Bethlehem etc exist, and therefore?
Those locations are attachments to christ. They can work you into finding out about Christ.

Let me help you further. If am asked to prove that your great grand father existed, what I will do is, first find out your family name. Assertian which tribe bears that name, find out which clan that name is likely to come from.
I may travel to your state, then community. I will find out if they are surviving progenitors, I will ask questions from the most eldest living persons in your community.
Then I will ask if indeed a man like that ever lived or the offspring which you happen to be one, are fraudsters claiming he lived when he never existed,
That's how research is done.
I won't just seat back in the city and ask you, to prove to me your Great Grand Father existed by showing him to me live. Or giving phisical evidences that he lived. That's stupidity.
That's why the Bible calls you atheists, fools.
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by thorpido(m): 5:52pm On Jun 26, 2016
DeSepiero:

I'm i insane?
Well,seems so.
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Anas09: 5:56pm On Jun 26, 2016
ValentineMary:
Jesus did exist but his story is mixed with many legends. The authors of the gospel were anonymous and it was wtitten hundreds of years after Jesus died. But there are no records of his existence though , no records of the earthquake they claimed happened at his death, no Nazareth until about 300AD, etc. So the gospel was just a made up story.
Read what you posted if it made any sense.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by ValentineMary(m): 6:04pm On Jun 26, 2016
Anas09:

Read what you posted if it made any sense.
If there is one thing I have noticed about religious people, it's that if the truth contradicts their personal belief, they would say it's illogical and not sensible. Pls tell me how does it not make sense?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Anas09: 6:10pm On Jun 26, 2016
Rossikk:
Dude, fiction writers frequently use actual place-names and the names of kings etc, as the setting for their stories. Read Shakespeare's works for instance. So the fact you see names like Rome and Jerusalem and Herod in the bible does not mean there was a real person named Jesus.

And stop asking me to prove a negative. The onus is on YOU to prove the existence of this character. So far, you haven't done that
OK, they was a Herod, but no Jesus. There was a Pontius Pirate, but no Jesus. There was a Caesar Augustus a Historical figure, who called for a Census, which made Joseph travel with his pregnant wife to Jerusalem. But no, Christ never existed.

You started down this road. You have to give me proves beyond every reasonable doubt that Jesus never existed, then am expected at that point to convince you without any ioter of doubt that he did.
I asked you why you think the nation of Israel which till today is not a Christian Nation will choose to preserve the relics of a fraud?

THIS MAN, YOU DEY THINK AT ALL?
DO YOU THINK IF JESUS NEVER EXISTED THE WORLD WILL BE SILENT WHILE THE NATION OF ISRAEL IS TILL TODAY PRESERVING JESUS' RELICS?
SAY SOMETHING ELSE, THIS is STUPID. and am done here.
Funny enough you have not presented anything that says Christ never existed.
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Anas09: 6:12pm On Jun 26, 2016
Rossikk:

BTW, am not a dude. Am a chic
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Richirich713: 6:14pm On Jun 26, 2016
ValentineMary:

Hundreds of years after he died? Are u sure about that?
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Anas09: 6:18pm On Jun 26, 2016
ValentineMary:

If there is one thing I have noticed about religious people, it's that if the truth contradicts their personal belief, they would say it's illogical and not sensible. Pls tell me how does it not make sense?
You said Jesus existed, yet again, you said the events or stories were written long before he was born, so he there's no evidence he existed. Wonderful. And you are suppose to be an atheist with super IQ.
Satan will keep keeping you delusional while all the time, you'll be calling the next person delusional till you enter hellfire with him.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Raphael81(m): 6:20pm On Jun 26, 2016
close ur eyes, ask him if he ever existed, then in the morning publish what you see and heard
....... very simple
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by lepasharon(f): 6:25pm On Jun 26, 2016
ValentineMary:

I agree, Jesus was prolly an ordinary man but they deified him. The real character Jesus has prolly become unrecognisable.
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Rossikk(m): 7:28pm On Jun 26, 2016
Anas09:

Those locations are attachments to christ. They can work you into finding out about Christ.

Let me help you further. If am asked to prove that your great grand father existed, what I will do is, first find out your family name. Assertian which tribe bears that name, find out which clan that name is likely to come from.
I may travel to your state, then community. I will find out if they are surviving progenitors, I will ask questions from the most eldest living persons in your community.
Then I will ask if indeed a man like that ever lived or the offspring which you happen to be one, are fraudsters claiming he lived when he never existed,
That's how research is done.
I won't just seat back in the city and ask you, to prove to me your Great Grand Father existed by showing him to me live. Or giving phisical evidences that he lived. That's stupidity.
That's why the Bible calls you atheists, fools.
First of all, use your brain, and don't call people atheists because they don't accept your bible. One does not have to be a christian to believe in God. Muslims, Agnostics, Buddhists, Hinduists, African religionists, Taoists, and Shintoists, all believe in God. Humans have worshipped God for over 70,000 years, and your religion, christianity, is less than 2,000 years old, so please know your place.

Secondly, have you gone to Bethlehem or Nazareth, or wherever you say 'Jesus' was born, to search for his family or descendants, in order to inquire about him like you prescribed? As far as we know, all you did was believe the book - even before you read it.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Rossikk(m): 7:56pm On Jun 26, 2016
Anas09:

OK, they was a Herod, but no Jesus. There was a Pontius Pirate, but no Jesus. There was a Caesar Augustus a Historical figure, who called for a Census, which made Joseph travel with his pregnant wife to Jerusalem. But no, Christ never existed.
You can find hundreds of non-biblical references to Caesar, Herod, Pilate, etc, dated to the period they were alive. But none to Jesus, Joseph, Mary, etc. Apart from one reference in the work of Josephus, now widely acknowledged to be a fraudulent interpolation.

By the way, are you aware that nobody knows who wrote the New Testament?

DO YOU THINK IF JESUS NEVER EXISTED THE WORLD WILL BE SILENT WHILE THE NATION OF ISRAEL IS TILL TODAY PRESERVING JESUS' RELICS?
What relics? Oh...by the way, Israel loves your tourist dollars, so they'll be happy to show you as many "Jesus relics" as you desire.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by hopefulLandlord: 8:05pm On Jun 26, 2016
his story is written in a book so he exists
just like harry potter

BUT
don't doubt him or ask intelligent question or you'll burn in hell for eternity with all Muslims, Hindu worshippers, Buddha worshippers and other 5000 gods, accept him to your life without proof or suffer the consequences for eternity

a word is enough for the deluded

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Anas09: 8:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
Rossikk:
You can find hundreds of non biblical references to Caesar, Herod, Pilate, etc. But none of Jesus, Joseph, Mary, etc. Apart from one reference in the work of Josephus, now widely acknowledged to be a fraudulent interpolation.

By the way, are you aware that nobody knows who wrote the New Testament?

What relics? Oh...by the way, Israel loves your tourist dollars, so they'll be happy to show you as many "relics" as you desire.
Your arguments are completely so flawed. If not for the Catholic Church with their sense of Idolatry, no picture or image of any one single Bible character would have been seen anywhere. Even the ones around are only in their imaginations.
Mr Atheists, we are Christ followers, we don't make images. Our God is a Spirit, we worship him in spirit and in truth.
If you want images, ask the Catholics, not the Christians

Am asking you again, do you reason? So in your superior intelligent mind as an atheist, you figure that the nation of Israel, although not believers in Christ, will preserve his name and sites which they know, and the world over know as a fraud just for Dollars? Hahahahahahahahahaha
Dodn't be silly man.
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by ValentineMary(m): 8:15pm On Jun 26, 2016
Anas09:

You said Jesus existed, yet again, you said the events or stories were written long before he was born, so he there's no evidence he existed. Wonderful. And you are suppose to be an atheist with super IQ.
Satan will keep keeping you delusional while all the time, you'll be calling the next person delusional till you enter hellfire with him.
Is it that u theist can't read or u just can't coherently understand simple statements? I said I believe he exist, I later said though there is no proof of his existence. That goes to show that my belief might be wrong and am not standing that it's 100% correct.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by ValentineMary(m): 8:17pm On Jun 26, 2016
Richirich713:

Hundreds of years after he died? Are u sure about that?
Yes. Do ur research don't just believe what ur pastor says.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by hopefulLandlord: 8:20pm On Jun 26, 2016
Anas09:

You started down this road. You have to give me proves beyond every reasonable doubt that Jesus never existed, then am expected at that point to convince you without any ioter of doubt that he did.
I asked you why you think the nation of Israel which till today is not a Christian Nation will choose to preserve the relics of a fraud?

SAY SOMETHING ELSE, THIS is STUPID. and am done here.
Funny enough you have not presented anything that says Christ never existed.

Hogwarts is in England, England exists, now prove to me that Harry Potter doesn't exist

oh! your proof would be the fact that the author said its fiction? the author is simply trying to keep that place secret so that guys like you don't go there for admission, I'm typing straight from Hogwarts right now

now, go do research and prove Hogwarts doesn't exist

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Anas09: 8:31pm On Jun 26, 2016
Rossikk:
First of all, use your brain, and don't call people atheists because they don't accept your bible. One does not have to be a christian to believe in God. Muslims, Agnostics, Buddhists, Hinduists, African religionists, Taoists, and Shintoists, all believe in God. Humans have worshipped God for over 70,000 years, and your religion, christianity, is less than 2,000 years old, so please know your place.

Secondly, have you gone to Bethlehem or Nazareth, or wherever you say 'Jesus' was born to search for his family or descendants, in order to inquire about him like you prescribed? As far as we know, all you did was believe the book - even before you read it.
No I personally have not, but I have around me about 10Persons who have gone. I just don't see it as important. I don't need to go to those place to believe who Christ is.
Well mentioned all of the above, I see your problem is not with God, it's with Christ.
Okay fine sir, Christ never existed, go home now, have peace eat and drink. Do not allow Jesus talk bother you any more, just like I don't allow "New Age" bother me. But if you keep talking about this matter then, deep inside you know Jesus is truly Lord and one day you'll bow to him, that's why the whole thing is eating you up.
Take my advice and go in peace.
Re: Have You Ever Researched 'Jesus' To Know If He Truly Existed? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 26, 2016
Op I like you curiosity but don't be misled by that anas guy analogy is misleading full of ignorance.

The dark age is little different from the medieval age but dude mixed both up and was even stating out places that never existed like Jesus Christ.

The era of the Roman empire was the dark age and was the last empire which birthed Europe.

The medieval era was immediately after the fall of the Roman empire which Jesus had no business being in that era of history.

Emperor Constantine made christianity the religion of the roman empire with no reference to Jesus whatsoever but the Catholic church.

The catholic mass murdered people who weren't christians even ISIS and the today terrorist group aren't killing people the way the catholics killed people, They also killed more people more than Stalin and the whole people killed in the WW2.

The Catholics came up with the idea of Jesus and the fiction of Mary's virgin birth of Jesus..... Bla bla bla.......They made up lots lots of things about Jesus but fact remain he's still a fiction character.

Till today no proof as regard the birth date and death date of Jesus eventhough we have the dates of people who existed before him.

Catholics/christianity is the worst thing that has ever happened to mankind.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mercy Versus Judgement / The Trinity? Help Me / What Is The Extent Of Faith?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.