Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Dwelling In God's Presence - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dwelling In God's Presence (1371 Views)

Is God Truly Dwelling In Your Heart? / Why We Should Tarry In God's Presence / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dwelling In God's Presence by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 09, 2015
Every problem you're facing today will be solved based on how much you dwell in the presence of God. That's significant! The word "dwell" denotes a fixed position, not something that occurs sporadically. You have to abide there. Sad to say, many Christians only visit the Lord, and only when they're in trouble. If you're going to be a victorious Christian, you can't meet with God for just an hour a day or when you're in a crisis.

Joshua 1:8 says,

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

I know that some of you might think, Well, that's pretty simple. If it's so simple, why does it seem like most Christians aren't prospering or having good success? Most of the promises of God-probably more than you realize-are conditional upon you dwelling in God's presence.

Are you anxious? Do you hate your job? Is your family worrying you? These are all symptoms of not dwelling in God. In Isaiah 26:3, it says, "[the Lord will] keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed [upon him]" (brackets mine). The word "stayed" means to grab hold. It means you don't let go, like a bulldog. When you stay fixed on God, you will never suffer lack, loss, or fear. The Scripture says that you'll "abide under the shadow of the Almighty" (Ps. 91:1). You need to get to the place where, praise God, you are living in the presence of God.

I believe that the majority of problems people have is because they aren't always aware of God's presence. If they were, it would change their thoughts, their emotions, and their actions. Proverbs 3:6 says, "In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." You cannot acknowledge God in all your ways if you are not first aware of Him. God's already blessed you, but in order for what He has done to manifest in your life, you need to respond to His presence. In other words, He's written you a check; you just need to cash it. You won't prosper and really succeed until you do. I hope you're getting what I'm saying.

"Staying" your mind, specifically your imagination, upon God and not allowing yourself to imagine failure, is a super important part of receiving from Him. Part of using your imagination is to take Scripture and meditate-that is, focus-on it day and night and see yourself doing it:

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. [2] But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. [3] And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Psalm 1:1-3

To increasingly become aware of God's presence in your life, you need to use your imagination. No, it's not kids' stuff. Among many things, it's how you picture what God has said to you. It's how things get written on your heart. It's where you really begin to see the power released in your life.

Now, to do these things, you need the power of the Holy Spirit in your life. When I received the baptism of the Holy Spirit, it changed me forever. I know from experience that a believer isn't going to get very far without the power of the Holy Spirit.

All of these promises, and really everything in the Word of God, are for you, but you have to be conscious of them. You have to renew your mind, and you have to be aware of these things. It's not a matter of God's faithfulness; it's a matter of your faithfulness to Him and His Word. You've got to get to where you are laser focused on God. He longs for you to abide in Him and to see you prosper and succeed. I promise that when you abide in Him, it changes your heart, touches God's, and causes you to bear much fruit. It does something for you and to you. These materials will be a blessing to you or someone you know.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dwelling In God's Presence by gmacnoms(m): 6:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
Deep.
Re: Dwelling In God's Presence by xpac01(m): 9:54pm On Oct 12, 2015
So inspiring. God bless you OP...

(1) (Reply)

Pray 4 Nigeria Pray 4 Lebanon Pray 4 Paris As D Muslims Slaughter, Keep Praying / James The Just, The Brother Of Yeshua The Mesaiah(aka Jesus) / Why Deliverance Is Necessary Before Marriage!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.