Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,190 members, 7,953,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:58 PM

Six Things People Regret On Their Death Bed. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Six Things People Regret On Their Death Bed. (633 Views)

3 Things People Believe Money Is But Is Not / What's Your Biggest Regret In Life So Far? / Alamieyeseigha's Kid Brother, Ziworitin Shares His Death Bed ( Photo ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Six Things People Regret On Their Death Bed. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 09, 2015
A research was carried out where nurses who cares for the old and dying where asked the regrets which these dying patients both old and even young confided in them. The result where unanimous, a generic tale of regrets which the dying keeps.

1. They wished they never worked too hard in life.
The buzz of the 21st century, the economic meltdown and high cost of living can put strain on people, making them work thrice as hard as needed, but borrow a piece of advice from the people living the stage of life. Don't overwork yourself, relax a bit, heaven always has a plan for you, when yu learn how to relax and live life as it comes, you will cut this regret from your regret list.

2. They wished they had the boldness to tell someone they love how they felt.
From an early stage in life we are programmed to have the phobia of rejection, what if she or he rejects me? What if she says no, but the dying tell you to take your chance, satisfy yourself by professing your feelings, if she or he rejects you, then you were bold enough to speak out, you didn't cower in the fear of rejection. Regret less, confess that love today. Chioma am waiting for you to toast me ooooo.

3. They regret forgetting their friends or not reaching out to thieir friends, not spending enough time with friends.
Well you heard them, those pals of yours you have not reached out to for a long time and chat once in a while on whatsapp, it's time you pick the phone and dial their number, hang out with them and have fun inorder to have a life with no regret.

4. Not exploring the world enough,
You were born in lagos, you schooled in lagos, you married in lagos, you died in lagos, you went to lagos section of heaven/hell, nah bro, pack those bags and go to sambisa or enugu, or calabar, travel, understand cultures, see the world through a different perspective, expand your horizon, if you have the chance, explore nature and it's beauties. It would be a malady lying on your deathbed and still asking yourself why you were stuck in one place, still confused about what life is all about.

5. Not spending enough time with your family. Be it your mother, your father, your sister. When was the last time you called your mum or dad to say you loved them, just to say you loved them, when was the last time you had an extraordinary discussion with your mum or had fun with your children, understand your children, grow with them, be more flexible as the grow. I watched an interpretative video by Sia, elastic heart, where a father who loved her daughter, played with her while she was a kidd but was locked out of her world because he would not adjust as she did, he was rigid, stiff and could not understand his daughter.

6. They Carried grudges for too long: grudge and unforgivenness is terrible, you have to learn how to take five quick breaths and say, I forgive you bro. Some people will nurse grudges and bad blood to their grave.

So nairalanders learn how to live a fuller life, you might be young today but you might look into the mirror tommorow and see an old grayed out man ready to answer his creator, you have to live each day to affect positively the life of another person, it indirectly makes your life fuller. You must learn to forgive, and be flexible. Time flies and tommorow you might be that old man on his death bed with a head full of confusion and regret, asking yourself how did it come to this so soon, what have I become, and some people will die with the thought of "but I don't understand" how come I never enjoyed lifen I lived, I worked, am dying...
Re: Six Things People Regret On Their Death Bed. by modelboy(m): 8:18pm On Oct 09, 2015
X
Re: Six Things People Regret On Their Death Bed. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
3 and 4 should nt be among. 7. they regret not fvcking around with gals

(1) (Reply)

Top Al Qaeda Leader Sanafi Al-nasr Killed In U.S. Airstrike, Pentagon Says / Ooni Stool: How Ogunwusi Was Picked By Kingmakers / Abortion Picture: I Also Remove Seven Months Old Demon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.