Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria (5525 Views)

Samsung Care Center Abuja Location Needed / Samsung Care Center In Portharcourt / Malata Mobile ng Customer Care@Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 9:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
Sometime in May this year, I started experiencing some technical faults with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 device. It began with the device failing to power back on each time I remove the battery, I had to connect to a power source before my device would come back on again. Later on, my bluetooth and wifi stopped connecting and would only indicate a faint green light each time I tried to switch them on. Eventually, my device began to overheat so much that I was unable to touch it immediately after charging. Sometimes, the device will stop charging and indicate a danger sign when its temperature has gone above 50°c (Yes, my phone got that hot). This overheating wasn't peculiar to when I connected to power source only but also everytime I used the device for internet, video playbacks, music, chatting and the whole caboodle. After reaching a 100% battery charge, the phone's battery (3200mAh) discharges rapidly and totally in less than 80 minutes (1 hour, 20 minutes). The climax of this terrible experience was when my charging port started to melt and burn posing a serious threat to my safety and that of others around me.

I started searching for similar experiences on the internet and attempted various DIY solutions but to no avail. I was able to learn during my internet search that the device's motherboard was faulty as a result of pulling out the battery carelessly without switching off the device first. I contacted various technicians who were all requesting outrageous sums just to replace the motherboard. Aside the cost, I was also scared of patronizing a not-so-experienced technician who would worsen the condition of my device.

Out of frustration, I abandoned the phone until I met a friend who told me about Samsung Care. I located their Wuse II office in Abuja and their service was just excellent. A female customer care representative attended to me and asked me what the problem was. After narrating my experience with the device, she smiled and jokingly told me I was just unlucky as she also always pulled out the battery of her Note 3 without switching it off and has never experienced any problem with her phone. I was asked to back up my data because I will lose all my information after the motherboard replacement. So I had to return home to back up my phone data.

On the 18th of August 2015, I returned to Samsung Care Office with my phone and within ten minutes, I was through with everything. My device was collected, the faults recorded and a service order number '4170528590' issued to me with phone numbers and an email I could reach for follow-up. I was told I will be contacted within two weeks to pick up my repaired device. Now the interesting part - I asked the CCR how much I was to pay for the repairs and she simply replied "It will cost you nothing Sir". I was surprised especially as most technicians I approached requested between N18,000 - N25,000 to replace the motherboard.

Barely 24 hours after dropping the phone at Samsung care, I remembered another fault I noticed few days before taking the phone for repairs. I quickly sent a mail to the email provided by Samsung Care and I got a prompt reply stating that my observation has been noted and also apologizing for the inconveniences the absence of my Samsung device may have cost me. However, the two weeks timeline to get back my device elapsed and i didn't hear from Samsung. Just when I was thinking about calling the CCR, I received a call from Samsung Care Lagos apologizing for the delay in receiving my device and explained that they had ran out of certain replacement parts needed to complete the repair of my phone and have ordered same but were yet to enter the country.

Unfortunately, I had to wait for over a month due to this development (even though it should ordinarily have taken two weeks). During this period, I made several calls to Samsung Care and their response was always comforting. Needless to add that all the calls I made to them was 'toll-free' and at no extra cost. I got an sms on the 30th of September 2015 to come and pick up my repaired device at SAMSUNG CARE Wuse II. Infact, the CCR at the Abuja office was surprised it took so long to get my device back. Finally, on the 2nd of October 2015, I found my way to the Samsung Care office and behold, my device was as good as new with everything working perfectly well. Even the burnt charging port was replaced. The estimated cost should have been around N28,000 - N30,000. Yet, Samsung did it for FREE.

Again, I received an international call from South Africa on the 6th of October 2015 and it was Samsung again. A man with a South-Korean accent (I guess) spoke to me and asked if I was satisfied with the condition of my smartphone now. He also asked me if I payed any money for the repairs and I answered 'NO'. He asked me to rate their services out of a scale of 7 and I gave them a whole 7.

Why did I create this thread? Excellent Customer Service is something I haven't witnessed for a while in Nigeria and I feel the need to appreciate an organization that puts their customer first especially in a country where impunity is the order of the day. [b]Kudos to Samsung Nigeria.

cc Lalasticlala

14 Likes

Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
Wow, were you asked for receipt or warranty card? Or something like that? I am having plans to go to their CC experience centre, here in Enugu to change the touch pad for my S4 mini
Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by Avero(m): 9:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
nice
Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 9:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
Storeburn:
Wow, were you asked for receipt or warranty card? Or something like that?
None Sir! Truth is that if I was asked to provide any of these things, I wouldn't have been able to because I can't find them anymore. Another thing is that to qualify for a free repair, your device must not have been repaired or opened by any road-side technician. In the case of which you will have to drop a little amount.
Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 09, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
None Sir! Truth is that if I was asked to provide any of these things, I wouldn't have been able to because I can't find them anymore. Another thing is that to qualify for a free repair, your device must not have been repaired or opened by any road-side technician. In the case of which you will have to drop a little amount.

A little amount you say? Is like you are not in Nigeria, with the dwindling economy you will be shocked, well, I will try taking it there.
Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by lekjons(m): 3:32am On Oct 10, 2015
wow! thats great..
but Samsung(and the likes) is/are for the rich.
Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by focus7: 5:17am On Oct 10, 2015
Wow, thanks for the awareness.
Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by Warlord3000(m): 5:29am On Oct 10, 2015
Nice post... If only people know the benefit of going to your phone manufacturer for repairs instead of road side technicians
Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by femi4: 7:17am On Oct 10, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
Your phone has production date, so you are still within warranty period. No big deal.
I also fixed my LCD tv screen issue at no cost at their service center in V/I cos the TV was still under warranty
Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by Baroba(m): 8:02am On Oct 10, 2015
Apple and Samsung are the best when it comes to customer care, HTC and google are the worst speaking from experience..
Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by Whizpeter(m): 8:07am On Oct 10, 2015
Wow... That's Comforting.... Unlike CarlCare that keep getting us frustrated..
Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by Oyetboy(m): 8:59am On Oct 10, 2015
tecno pangolo.... shey una dey see? angry you buy phone 10k ,one small error, take it to carlcare they will tell you the repair is 15k
Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by NiceHans: 9:12am On Oct 10, 2015
Hmm, nice experience indeed, how i wish they could replace my missing samsung phone
Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by killercute16(m): 11:37am On Oct 10, 2015
Good for you
Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by Chidexter(m): 1:35pm On Oct 10, 2015
Abeg who get socket?
Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by GodswillAJudins(m): 6:11pm On Oct 10, 2015
Fuckcarcare I replaced my screen 9k last week yet my notification light is still not working. Infinix zero at Benin.
Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by kazzonline: 8:27pm On Oct 10, 2015
GodswillAJudins:
Fuckcarcare I replaced my screen 9k last week yet my notification light is still not working. Infinix zero at Benin.

Cos of 9k u didnt read yhe topic?it says samsung infinix has a diff carlcare,vent ur anger at infinix
Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by kazzonline: 8:28pm On Oct 10, 2015
Same canoot be said for samsung carlcare at ikeja,the one facing that awolowo bridge,beforr those rude bitches even take a kook at ur device,u wud be asked to pay to get a form or so,den d clueless bitches wud charge u for service charge again,i hp samsung wud look into this and make ammends
Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by Youngpo413: 9:51pm On Oct 10, 2015
NiceHans:
Hmm, nice experience indeed, how i wish they could replace my missing samsung phone
they can, that is if you still get the imei.
Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by NiceHans: 10:22pm On Oct 10, 2015
Youngpo413:
they can, that is if you still get the imei.
seriously?, i still got it, evn the receipt and box, please guide me on the procedure
Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by GodswillAJudins(m): 10:28pm On Oct 10, 2015
kazzonline:

Cos of 9k u didnt read yhe topic?it says samsung infinix has a diff carlcare,vent ur anger at infinix

Mhen you are confuse, reasonable people will understand what I wrote,

Carcare are nothing but cheats, they may even deny you repair on warranty, my phone was still under 5months yet they said I have to pay, I paid without complain, now my notification led is no more working,
Do u expect me to keep my phone with for probably another 2weeks,

Am sure you have link with them.
Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by kazzonline: 3:22pm On Oct 11, 2015
GodswillAJudins:

Mhen you are confuse, reasonable people will understand what I wrote,

Carcare are nothing but cheats, they may even deny you repair on warranty, my phone was still under 5months yet they said I have to pay, I paid without complain, now my notification led is no more working,
Do u expect me to keep my phone with for probably another 2weeks,

Am sure you have link with them.

No you are the confused one!! Op opened a thread about the good quality of service he recieved frm samsung,you came and u wia shouting about the bad quality of service u recieved frm infinix abeg how the two correlate??over 20 diff threads about infinix phones but u still choose the samsung thread.
Go to the infinx thread and complain no one wud hear u here

1 Like

Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by Emma60Ayoola(m): 5:20pm On Oct 11, 2015
Oyetboy:
tecno pangolo.... shey una dey see? angry you buy phone 10k ,one small error, take it to carlcare they will tell you the repair is 15k
I don laugh tire.......tecno pangolo. I be tecno user.
Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by gpowers: 8:37am On Dec 04, 2015
@Rumpelstiltskin, please where is this samsung office you went to in wuse II? Would like to go there too, my Samsung tab screen broke. Thanks.
Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by ewizard1: 10:21am On Dec 04, 2015
And someone would complain why samsung devices cost more than their Devices! . There are just 2 devices in the World! #Samsung and Others
Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2015
gpowers:
@Rumpelstiltskin, please where is this samsung office you went to in wuse II? Would like to go there too, my Samsung tab screen broke. Thanks.
Raya Samsung Care, Opposite EcoBank, Diamond bank Junction, Wuse II, Abuja.
Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2015
ewizard1:
And someone would complain why samsung devices cost more than their Devices!
There are just 2 devices in the World!
#Samsung and Others
Lol grin
Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by Greenies: 11:14am On Jun 01, 2019
Wow! This is really cool. To think that you didn't have to pay for your samsung to be fixed is simply amazing. And i had to pay 18k to fix my s6 edge charging port for the first time at a samsung service centre in ph. Mtchewwww. e pain me oo. anyway thank God i now know better.
Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by Greenies: 11:14am On Jun 01, 2019
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Rumpelstiltskin:
Lol grin
Re: My Wonderful Experience With Samsung Care Nigeria by Greenies: 11:16am On Jun 01, 2019
Hahahahhahahahahahahahahahhaahaha
ewizard1:
And someone would complain why samsung devices cost more than their Devices!
There are just 2 devices in the World!
#Samsung and Others

(1) (Reply)

Help With Airtel Operamini Bundle / . / What Are Your Favourite Websites You Visit When You Are Bored?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.