Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Weekend Breakfast - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Weekend Breakfast (3591 Views)

See The Best Way To Serve Your Man Breakfast. (photo) / Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. / What Did You Eat For Breakfast, Lunch, And Dinner Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Weekend Breakfast by AmakaOne(f): 5:11pm On Apr 24, 2009
It's the weekend,  no rushing to work, school yadi ya,
What is your fav breakfast?

Full English

Fruit granola & yoghurt

Pancakes

share your indulgences

Re: Weekend Breakfast by dae(f): 5:13pm On Apr 24, 2009
Dayuuummmm, that Full English looks like 900000 Calories with plenty of Cholesterol to top it off. Its scary!!! dont you think?
Re: Weekend Breakfast by tboy1(m): 5:19pm On Apr 24, 2009
Boiled yam & fried eggs(with peppers,tomatoes and onions) with fried stew(maybe corned beef) on the side
Re: Weekend Breakfast by AmakaOne(f): 5:20pm On Apr 24, 2009
or,  is ogi more your thing?
Re: Weekend Breakfast by AmakaOne(f): 5:24pm On Apr 24, 2009
egg & plantain?

Re: Weekend Breakfast by mohawkchic(f): 5:34pm On Apr 24, 2009
~I Miss Breakfast on weekends. . .Am usually catching Zzzzzz or having a Duvet day . .by the time i drag meself off the bed,its Brunch Time . .then,anything goes cheesy

~Interesting Combo -Plantain & Eggs . .Never tried it!
Re: Weekend Breakfast by JeSoul(f): 9:09pm On Apr 24, 2009
AMAKAONE:

egg & plantain?

my gosh, its been ages since I had that! this assimilation wey dey make person forget gems like these. I am going to make that for breakfast tomorrow smiley
Re: Weekend Breakfast by biina: 10:26pm On Apr 24, 2009
I have never been rigid when it comes to meals. I eat what I feel like having, whenever I feel like.
I am as much at ease with having cereal at 8pm, as I am with eating pounded yam at 6am grin
Re: Weekend Breakfast by JeSoul(f): 11:58pm On Apr 24, 2009
biina:

I have never been rigid when it comes to meals. I eat what I feel like having, whenever I feel like.
I am as much at ease with having cereal at 8pm, as I am with eating pounded yam at 6am grin
shocked shocked shocked grin wow I hail thee!
Re: Weekend Breakfast by SeanT21(f): 1:41am On Apr 25, 2009
The first picture is NASTY.Is that what they call spotted dick in ENGLAND?

Its giving me a heart attack just looking at it.
Re: Weekend Breakfast by mohawkchic(f): 2:36am On Apr 25, 2009
SeanT21:

The first picture is NASTY.Is that what they call spotted privates in ENGLAND?

Its giving me a heart attack just looking at it.

~That English brekkie right there is the perfect remedy for hangover on a saturday morning after the night before of One too many Bend Elbows . .

~The combo on pic is not my choice of An English Brekkie tho!!
Re: Weekend Breakfast by iice(f): 9:15am On Apr 25, 2009
I totally love all english breakfast grin Left to me, i would heap more bacon on the thing grin cheesy

I eat alot of plaintain/potato and eggs too grin Actually once i get in eating mood, i can eat poundo in the morning,

Recently i got these wheat bran cereals for my brothers.  .  . ahahahahaha they wanted to kill me, said if them don turn to goat to dey chop grass grin grin grin
Re: Weekend Breakfast by Epi: 2:54pm On Apr 27, 2009
i eat breakfast according to how I feel, even on weekends. I only make "special" breakfast when i have family and friends around or a boyfriend in my life and I want to impress him grin grin
Re: Weekend Breakfast by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 27, 2009
Weekend breakfast was always plantains, potatoes and eggs with ogi; Akara and Ogi was banned because no one liked it.

@English breakfast pic

*Pukes* tongue
Re: Weekend Breakfast by dominique(f): 8:30am On Apr 28, 2009
people actually eat that full english sh*t. that thing na cholesterol overload lipsrsealed.
Re: Weekend Breakfast by Riskie(f): 10:39am On Apr 28, 2009
What are those black Oreo-like circles on the English breakfast plate? That stuff looks nasty no offence undecided
Re: Weekend Breakfast by bsanya(f): 11:29am On Apr 28, 2009
i feel like throwing up 4 the first meal.
i prefer the fried plantain with fried egg!
Re: Weekend Breakfast by teissys(f): 11:55am On Apr 28, 2009
I love mkate wa mayai (Bread dipped in eggs)
Dip slices of bread in beaten egg then fry the bread until brown. You can fry using margarine since cooking fat makes it too oily wink wink wink
I also love mahamri and tea tongue

Re: Weekend Breakfast by Leilah(f): 1:41pm On Apr 28, 2009
Hey teissy's we do toast like that here aswell. The one with the bread dipped in egg and fried we call it 'french toast' I love that, esp when you use lots of egg smiley
Re: Weekend Breakfast by teissys(f): 4:19pm On Apr 28, 2009
cheesy cheesy cheesy
We have a lot in common then. Maybe we should get together someday, right? wink
Re: Weekend Breakfast by iice(f): 8:15pm On Apr 28, 2009
dominique:

people actually eat that full english sh*t. that thing na cholesterol overload lipsrsealed.

Precisely why it's yummy grin
Re: Weekend Breakfast by Leilah(f): 6:51pm On Apr 30, 2009
Yeah! it could be because of colonialism, the English colonised here and Kenya too!
Re: Weekend Breakfast by Leilah(f): 6:53pm On Apr 30, 2009
I woudlnt eat that english breakfast! pigs guts!!!
Re: Weekend Breakfast by mobby4ever(f): 1:37pm On Dec 14, 2009
Hello Nairalanders!
why not try Homemade Akara and yellow corn pap
Homemade; as in blend the beans at home, add litte ginger and Garlic, then slice red peper and Onoins in deep frying Groundnut oil
Then for tha Pap make it thick or viscous, add little sugar/ honey and Evaporated Peak milk.
A trial will convince you!!!!!!!!!! smiley
Re: Weekend Breakfast by KennyG6(m): 2:03pm On Dec 14, 2009
AmakaOne:

egg & plantain?
now this is very tempting, i cant resist soft fried plantain,
Re: Weekend Breakfast by clemcykul(f): 3:39pm On Dec 14, 2009
can someone pls hand over that cup of coffee, am salivating seriously.

maybe its because am hungry *yawns hungrily*
Re: Weekend Breakfast by N101: 8:43pm On Dec 14, 2009
Riskie:

What are those black Oreo-like circles on the English breakfast plate? That stuff looks nasty no offence  undecided
The black Oreo-like things are slices of Black Pudding.  Check for what it consists of here

I can't stand half-raw eggs which is why I never opt for breakfast away from home.  The only place I never had to return eggs to be cooked thoroughly was in New York.  In Nairobi I had to send them back three times before they got it right.
Re: Weekend Breakfast by Fhemmmy: 1:58am On Dec 18, 2009
I would take that pancake with scrambled egg and hot dog, wash it down with nice cold orange juice.

(1) (Reply)

Strawberries Vs Blueberry / Two Meals A Day / Clean 3 Burner With Mini Oven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.