Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan (139777 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by peacefull(f): 7:13am On Nov 22, 2022
davodyguy:

Yes, but ticket cost is about ₦5million now.

Too high.

Will do next year.

When I traveled in 2015, it was ₦260,000

Wow!!
Too much different price!
I will check it how much is Naira to Yen.

I hope you will enjoy your trip when you visit to Japan! smiley

Anyway, I'm sorry about late reply.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by davodyguy: 9:03am On Nov 22, 2022
peacefull:

Wow!!
Too much different price!
I will check it how much is Naira to Yen.

I hope you will enjoy your trip when you visit to Japan! smiley

Anyway, I'm sorry about late reply.

Thanks

You and Mooroker are doing a good job here

1 Like

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by peacefull(f): 1:26am On Nov 24, 2022
davodyguy:

Thanks

You and Mooroker are doing a good job here

Thank you so much for your kind word!
I appreciate you!!
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by davodyguy: 1:38pm On Dec 16, 2022
No longer going to Japan, as my Italian visa was approved and going to Rome for Holiday.

May be will do Next year
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by uchman(m): 2:56pm On Dec 16, 2022
davodyguy:
No longer going to Japan, as my Italian visa was approved and going to Rome for Holiday.

May be will do Next year
Hello brother,
Can you give me a contact in Japan that will give me business letter of invitation, I deal on used auto parts and I think I can provide other documents required.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Rxzepet01: 1:37am On Dec 20, 2022
It is wonderful the info you guys share here.
I just got my employment letter from a school in Japan as an ALT. I really don't know where to start the whole Visa process. I would really appreciate help from those who have experience with Japanese visa process. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Gerrard59(m): 5:55am On Dec 20, 2022
Rxzepet01:
It is wonderful the info you guys share here.
I just got my employment letter from a school in Japan as an ALT. I really don't know where to start the whole Visa process. I would really appreciate help from those who have experience with Japanese visa process. Thank you.

The school has to apply for a Certificate of Eligibility at the prefecture's immigration bureau she is based. It is that COE that you present to the embassy and the accompanying documents. The application period of the COE takes a maximum of three months. The company (school in this case) has no control over its approval or denial status. Without the COE, you cannot get a visa to enter Japan.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Rxzepet01: 7:04am On Dec 20, 2022
Thank you so much for this. I await the next move from the school.
To told me to expect more mail for the contract and other things sha.
Gerrard59:

The school has to apply for a Certificate of Eligibility at the prefecture's immigration bureau she is based. It is that COE that you present to the embassy and the accompanying documents. The application period of the COE takes a maximum of three months. The company (school in this case) has no control over its approval or denial status. Without the COE, you cannot get a visa to enter Japan.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Rxzepet01: 7:05am On Dec 20, 2022
How much is the proof of funds that I may need, do I need to present it?
Gerrard59:

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Gerrard59(m): 5:24am On Dec 21, 2022
Rxzepet01:
How much is the proof of funds that I may need, do I need to present it?

You don't need proof of funds as a prospective employee. The company will include your salary band in the application document at the immigration bureau. At this point, what you need is the COE - it is extremely important.

cc: Studymore123, come and see as I am encouraging illegal migration. Can't you read my posts where I am encouraging this fellow to use agent? Can't you see where I said he should spend all his money? Can't you see where I asked him for money? Did you see me offer any piece of advice?

Ah!!! Come and see oooo! Gerrard59 is encouraging illegal immigration because he wants every Nigerian in Nigeria to jappppaaaaaaaaaaa.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Rxzepet01: 10:55am On Dec 21, 2022
Thank you very much for the info. I truly appreciate it.

Gerrard59:

You don't need proof of funds as a prospective employee. The company will include your salary band in the application document at the immigration bureau. At this point, what you need is the COE - it is extremely important.

cc: Studymore123, come and see as I am encouraging illegal migration. Can't you read my posts where I am encouraging this fellow to use agent? Can't you see where I said he should spend all his money? Can't you see where I asked him for money? Did you see me offer any piece of advice?

Ah!!! Come and see oooo! Gerrard59 is encouraging illegal immigration because he wants every Nigerian in Nigeria to jappppaaaaaaaaaaa.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 21, 2022
Gerrard59:

Alright sir. I just read it. you're doing well. grin grin grin
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by brijibs: 10:56am On Dec 22, 2022
FegieSal:
Hello brijibs, have you received an update from Borderlink please?

Yes. I attended their online interview and that was it. Got a regret mail afterwards.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by festusbiz(m): 9:48am On Jan 12, 2023
Good day everyone. May I ask Pls. I got and ALT job in Japan. I have signed the contract and COE. My employer said I have to pay for Health Insurance Certificate that the one issued in Nigeria isn't accepted by the embassy. May I go on to pay? Can anybody help me to confirm that?
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Gerrard59(m): 2:59pm On Jan 13, 2023
festusbiz:
Good day everyone. May I ask Pls. I got and ALT job in Japan. I have signed the contract and COE. My employer said I have to pay for Health Insurance Certificate that the one issued in Nigeria isn't accepted by the embassy. May I go on to pay? Can anybody help me to confirm that?

Call the embassy on Monday to ask them. How did the employer in Japan know that the certificate is not accepted by the embassy in Nigeria? Also, check up on the required documents the embassy demands from applicants who are applying for a work visa. Check if there is a required health certificate.

In Japan, one is required to enrol in the mandatory health insurance scheme by the government. So, I am curious why you need to pay for health insurance when you are not yet in Japan? How much is the insurance certificate? When is the expiration period for this payment?

You signed the COE? Have you received the physical copy? That is, do you have the copy with you? I don't know if work visa applicants have to sign the COE, but I did not sign mine.

Alternatively, go to reddit/movingtojapan and ask this same question. Be very explicit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Rxzepet01: 2:16pm On Jan 15, 2023
The school that employed me is also asking me to pay for an apartment in order to get accommodation certificate they said it is mandatory for visa application and approval, and the amount is much, how genuine is this. I dey smell scam here... For those who've done this, I'd appreciate ur advice.

Gerrard59:

Call the embassy on Monday to ask them. How did the employer in Japan know that the certificate is not accepted by the embassy in Nigeria? Also, check up on the required documents the embassy demands from applicants who are applying for a work visa. Check if there is a required health certificate.

In Japan, one is required to enrol in the mandatory health insurance scheme by the government. So, I am curious why you need to pay for health insurance when you are not yet in Japan? How much is the insurance certificate? When is the expiration period for this payment?

You signed the COE? Have you received the physical copy? That is, do you have the copy with you? I don't know if work visa applicants have to sign the COE, but I did not sign mine.

Alternatively, go to reddit/movingtojapan and ask this same question. Be very explicit.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Gerrard59(m): 2:30pm On Jan 15, 2023
Rxzepet01:
The school that employed me is also asking me to pay for an apartment in order to get accommodation certificate they said it is mandatory for visa application and approval, and the amount is much, how genuine is this. I dey smell scam here... For those who've done this, I'd appreciate ur advice.

I don't have an idea on English teaching jobs application processes by applicants outside Japan. I suggested reddit/movingtojapan. Have you asked your question there? What is the name of this school? You did not even answer my questions about the COE.

Well...

BTW, are you Festusbiz?
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Rxzepet01: 2:37pm On Jan 15, 2023
No I am not Festusbiz that asked about Coe.
On my side, I only filled the application for for Coe, I don't have the certificate yet.
The company is RCS Corporation.

Gerrard59:

I don't have an idea on English teaching jobs application processes by applicants outside Japan. I suggested reddit/movingtojapan. Have you asked your question there? What is the name of this school? You did not even answer my questions about the COE.

Well...

BTW, are you Festusbiz?
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Gerrard59(m): 2:40pm On Jan 15, 2023
Rxzepet01:
No I am not Festusbiz that asked about Coe.
On my side, I only filled the application for for Coe, I don't have the certificate yet.
The company is RCS Corporation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/teachinginjapan/

https://www.reddit.com/r/movingtojapan/

Ask your question there. I have no idea about the visa process for English teachers.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Rxzepet01: 2:43pm On Jan 15, 2023
Thank you very much for help

Gerrard59:

https://www.reddit.com/r/teachinginjapan/

https://www.reddit.com/r/movingtojapan/

Ask your question there. I have no idea about the visa process for English teachers.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by festusbiz(m): 11:30pm On Jan 16, 2023
Thanks guys. I have confirmed. Those guys are scammers. I called the embassy and they said all they mailed me isn't true jare. Thanks once more guys.

1 Like

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Gerrard59(m): 4:45am On Jan 17, 2023
festusbiz:
Thanks guys. I have confirmed. Those guys are scammers. I called the embassy and they said all they mailed me isn't true jare. Thanks once more guys.

I am glad my suggestion helped you.

cool

To future applicants, the Japanese visa is very easy to obtain provided you adhere to all rules stated. The COE (I like calling it the pre-visa) is very important. Without it, you cannot be issued the visa. Even with it, you might not be issued the visa. But this, I would say, is 1/10, while possessing the COE gives you a 9/10 chance of being issued the visa. Ensure the process is legit and straightforward. The COE application is done by the organisation/company/university/language school in Japan, and until you receive it, that is when you can email the embassy for an appointment. Before Covid, you could walk into the embassy and submit your application. Make your application tight-proofed, as a denial means you would be ineligible to apply for a visa of any kind in six months.

Again, it is an easy, quick and worth mentioning affordable process. Before Covid, it takes max four days to get a reply and cost N8, 350. Last I checked, it cost N10, 700. The fee is paid if you are issued the visa. If not issued, you don't have to pay. Everything is online: https://www.ng.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_en/00_000092.html

You don't need an agent

How did the employer in Japan know that the certificate is not accepted by the embassy in Nigeria? Also, check up on the required documents the embassy demands from applicants who are applying for a work visa. Check if there is a required health certificate.

You also don't need to sign any health document or enrol in any health insurance scheme before departure as you would be enrolled in the national health insurance scheme when you are in the country, not outside.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Eazyfella: 10:52am On Feb 28, 2023
Hello, everyone. I must say i am happy making my first post today after going through all the posts and responses, well done all of you. Meanwhile, I am here today on behalf of my brother who resides in Japan since 2015, married for about 4years and wants to apply for permanent residency. I would appreciate all the guide I can get
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Gerrard59(m): 5:48am On Mar 01, 2023
Eazyfella:
Hello, everyone. I must say i am happy making my first post today after going through all the posts and responses, well done all of you. Meanwhile, I am here today on behalf of my brother who resides in Japan since 2015, married for about 4years and wants to apply for permanent residency. I would appreciate all the guide I can get

You are married, presumably to a Japanese woman, and don't know how to apply for permanent residency? Surely, you have a spousal visa, so getting PR should not be hard. It is really an easy process for a married person to a Japanese national or even a foreigner. Almost eight years, you should have at least N3, and can navigate your way through Kanji to apply for PR.

Use Japanese speaking skills and apply for PR. Honestly, the process is as simple as ABC.

P.S. It is not your brother unless you tell me your brother does not know how to use the Internet. Why do you want to know the PR process while the interested applicant resides in Japan? What happened to checking Japanese websites? Why Nairaland? You should be here to narrate to Nigerians in Nigeria how to apply for permanent residency, not asking Nigerians in Nigeria how to apply for permanent residency in Japan when you reside in the country. If you are still interested in knowing from a Nigerian perspective, join the Nigerians in Japan Facebook group to ask your questions. There are few Nairalanders residing in Japan who would know the process of applying for permanent residency.

https://www.moj.go.jp/isa/content/930003492.pdf (It did not take more than five seconds).

2 Likes

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Eazyfella: 4:42pm On Mar 01, 2023
He is my younger brother. It became a thing of concern when a friend of his in Japan failed to secure the PR after apply and they entered Japan about the same time and are both married for about the same period. I strongly feel I should share here and seek whatever help I could get for him. I wish I could have your WhatsApp number for your help
Gerrard59:

You are married, presumably to a Japanese woman, and don't know how to apply for permanent residency? Surely, you have a spousal visa, so getting PR should not be hard. It is really an easy process for a married person to a Japanese national or even a foreigner. Almost eight years, you should have at least N3, and can navigate your way through Kanji to apply for PR.

Use Japanese speaking skills and apply for PR. Honestly, the process is as simple as ABC.

P.S. It is not your brother unless you tell me your brother does not know how to use the Internet. Why do you want to know the PR process while the interested applicant resides in Japan? What happened to checking Japanese websites? Why Nairaland? You should be here to narrate to Nigerians in Nigeria how to apply for permanent residency, not asking Nigerians in Nigeria how to apply for permanent residency in Japan when you reside in the country. If you are still interested in knowing from a Nigerian perspective, join the Nigerians in Japan Facebook group to ask your questions. There are few Nairalanders residing in Japan who would know the process of applying for permanent residency.

https://www.moj.go.jp/isa/content/930003492.pdf (It did not take more than five seconds).
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Gerrard59(m): 1:36am On Mar 02, 2023
Eazyfella:
He is my younger brother. It became a thing of concern when a friend of his in Japan failed to secure the PR after apply and they entered Japan about the same time and are both married for about the same period. I strongly feel I should share here and seek whatever help I could get for him. I wish I could have your WhatsApp number for your help

Hire an immigration lawyer to look into the case. That's the best solution. He should know Kanji by now na.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by iykejohnson(m): 10:49am On Mar 03, 2023
Good day, good people,
Please, does anyone have a link to the Japan school thread, or rather does anyone have the link for Japanese schools and how to secure admission for masters?

And with admission, would it be easy for someone to secure a visa?

Thanks.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Gerrard59(m): 4:18pm On Mar 04, 2023
blackbriar:
Admissions for Graduate school in Japan for September 2022 Enrollment will soon start.

1. Have you enrolled for IELTS
2. Have to contacted your prospective department and Professor in charge.
3. Have you familiarized yourself with the admission process ( most especially how to pay the 30,000 yen application fee).
4. Are you prepared for the Online Quiz/Test?

Please note Admission process is all paper based in Japan.
You have to download the application forms from the school admission webpage.
Fill the forms correctly
submit the form by post (dhl or most suitable) with accompanying documents required

Admission Schedule lasts only 2 weeks.

Goodluck.
My 2 cents

iykejohnson:
Good day, good people,
Please, does anyone have a link to the Japan school thread, or rather does anyone have the link for Japanese schools and how to secure admission for masters?

And with admission, would it be easy for someone to secure a visa?

Thanks.

I saw your email. Please read the above post and all other associated posts by him. Admission for April section has closed. Around April - May/June, the admissions process will begin for October entry, which is geared towards foreigners. It's your responsibility to look for universities. If you are short of cash, don't target the Kansai and Kanto regions. Strictly target national universities.

Visa assurance is almost guaranteed by the issuance of the possession of the COE (certificate of eligibility). Admission doesn't guarantee visa. The school isn't the immigration bureau. However, the school will apply for the COE on your behalf.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by iykejohnson(m): 7:04pm On Mar 04, 2023
Gerrard59:

I saw your email. Please read the above post and all other associated posts by him. Admission for April section has closed. Around April - May/June, the admissions process will begin for October entry, which is geared towards foreigners. It's your responsibility to look for universities. If you are short of cash, don't target the Kansai and Kanto regions. Strictly target national universities.

Visa assurance is almost guaranteed by the issuance of the possession of the COE (certificate of eligibility). Admission doesn't guarantee visa. The school isn't the immigration bureau. However, the school will apply for the COE on your behalf.
Thanks, Brotherly. God bless you

Pls, I will still ask some questions when the need arises.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Gerrard59(m): 7:11pm On Mar 04, 2023
iykejohnson:

Thanks, Brotherly. God bless you

Pls, I will still ask some questions when the need arises.

No problem. The issue, in my opinion, is not getting admission but having enough funds. A minimum of 20K dollars would be required to show the immigration bureau that you can cater for living expenses. The price tag depends on the prefecture and city. Tokyo would be like 30K dollars minimum. Okinawa fit be 15K grin. But the farther away from the major economic zones, the fewer the jobs, but those places have a low cost of living. Importantly, you would learn Japanese quickly as most don't speak English.

Target national universities. Private universities are bloodily expensive for the average Nigerian.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (42) (Reply)

Life In The Usa As A Student. / Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. / Top 10 African Countries With The Finest Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.