Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,124 members, 7,957,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:20 AM

I Turned Down Offer To Become A US Marine –saheed Osupa - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Turned Down Offer To Become A US Marine –saheed Osupa (1237 Views)

Malaika N200 Million Lekki House Warming: Olubadan, K1, Saheed Osupa Attend / Timaya Poses With US Marine Officers In New York / Saheed Balogun, Adediwura Becky-Adesegha And Princess Allwell Ademola Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Turned Down Offer To Become A US Marine –saheed Osupa by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 10, 2015
Popular fuji artiste, Saheed Osupa, is loved by many especially for his talent when it comes to fuji music. But most people may not know the singer would probably have been in the US Marine if he didn’t decline the offer when it was presented to him just because of his love for music.

He said, “For me, music is a natural talent. If you have it in you, then you have to nurture it. When I was in America, I was frustrated because the level of promotion for African music was very low. It was only Fela’s afro-beat that was well promoted. I tried to promote my fuji music there but I needed to put in a huge amount of money which I did not have. So, I contemplated joining the US Marines.”
ADVERTISEMENT

The singer said that he was offered a lot of money and a decent accommodation but he turned down the juicy offer for a life of uncertainty.

“I went for the exams and they were highly impressed. So, they said they would put me in the nuclear section and they gave me $100,000. They also offered me a house with a zero down payment. The offer was so likeable but I had a re-think about it and decided it was not what I wanted. I wasn’t sure I wouldn’t regret the decision in the future. I left Chicago and went to New York and eventually I came back home to do my music. I do not regret the decision today,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/entertainment/saturday-beats/i-turned-down-offer-to-become-a-us-marine-saheed-osupa/

Bros, you can lie ooooo grin

Re: I Turned Down Offer To Become A US Marine –saheed Osupa by ORACLE1975(m): 1:20pm On Oct 10, 2015
Tell me something?
Re: I Turned Down Offer To Become A US Marine –saheed Osupa by dkronicle(m): 1:22pm On Oct 10, 2015
Hmm
Re: I Turned Down Offer To Become A US Marine –saheed Osupa by Young03(m): 1:23pm On Oct 10, 2015
Who be dat guy?
Re: I Turned Down Offer To Become A US Marine –saheed Osupa by ojun50(m): 1:25pm On Oct 10, 2015
Ok
Re: I Turned Down Offer To Become A US Marine –saheed Osupa by jaelz(m): 2:09pm On Oct 10, 2015
yup life's all about choices you sacrifice one to pursue the one your heart truly wants and put God first in it. what really matter is making the right sacrifice so yoj don't end up in regrets.
Re: I Turned Down Offer To Become A US Marine –saheed Osupa by axortedbabe(f): 5:46pm On Oct 10, 2015
Uncle u can lie o..
Re: I Turned Down Offer To Become A US Marine –saheed Osupa by kay29000(m): 5:57pm On Oct 10, 2015
Whoa! I find it kind of hard to believe...So this guy has this kind of exposure? I thought he was just a tout from Mushin that blew up with his music.
Re: I Turned Down Offer To Become A US Marine –saheed Osupa by ipledge10(m): 12:19am On Oct 11, 2015
axortedbabe:
Uncle u can lie o..
do u know him before?.How are u sure je is lieing?

Know something before saying it
Re: I Turned Down Offer To Become A US Marine –saheed Osupa by ipledge10(m): 12:19am On Oct 11, 2015
kay29000:
Whoa! I find it kind of hard to believe...So this guy has this kind of exposure? I thought he was just a tout from Mushin that blew up with his music.
no oo the guy is expose oo...he is even a boxer
Re: I Turned Down Offer To Become A US Marine –saheed Osupa by kay29000(m): 12:40am On Oct 11, 2015
ipledge10:
no oo the guy is expose oo...he is even a boxer

Hmm! Thanks for this addition.
Re: I Turned Down Offer To Become A US Marine –saheed Osupa by Barbarthundey(m): 1:01am On Oct 11, 2015
mehn... I'm really surprised ooo... so a broke nigga can reject a $100,000 offer

(1) (Reply)

Cynthia Morgan Replies To Caroline Danjuma / Me & My Huge B00bs,nigeria Endowed Actress Cossy Orjiakor Shares New Photos / Is Seun A Ghost?????????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.